HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 8 | Detroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 10:08 PM
  #426
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Looking at that group on paper, that's about what I'd expect.
Gus Nyquist must really suck to not be able to get a shot to improve on that.

Run the Jewels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:10 PM
  #427
Frk It
#TwentyFour
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Gus Nyquist must really suck to not be able to get a shot to improve on that.
Hard when there's 20 forwards under contract.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:12 PM
  #428
Datstromberg
Registered User
 
Datstromberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Gus Nyquist must really suck to not be able to get a shot to improve on that.
be patient, he's not overripe yet.

Datstromberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:14 PM
  #429
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Awesome effort tonight. Kronwall blindly throwing the puck to Asinmov, another short handed goal given up

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:15 PM
  #430
Frk It
#TwentyFour
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Gus Nyquist must really suck to not be able to get a shot to improve on that.
nice trolling effort.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:16 PM
  #431
Frk It
#TwentyFour
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Redmond View Post
Awesome effort tonight. Kronwall blindly throwing the puck to Asinmov, another short handed goal given up
Terrible giveaway by Kronner, and boy did Howard look tiny in net on that shot. Was slouched very low on his post short-side.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
  #432
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
nice trolling effort.
Hey, the Wings have no scoring depth but it's more important for him to play 20 mins at a lower level. Because the DRW winning hockey games is a secondary concern.

Run the Jewels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
  #433
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Redmond View Post
Awesome effort tonight. Kronwall blindly throwing the puck to Asinmov, another short handed goal given up
Terrible play by Kronwall, but not exactly out of character either. But man oh man, what a hard stop and shot by AA- looked like Mario Lemieux from a tough angle. And his 2nd goal was pretty sweet also, good set of hands on that guy.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
  #434
Frk It
#TwentyFour
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Hey, the Wings have no scoring depth but it's more important for him to play 20 mins at a lower level. Because the DRW winning hockey games is a secondary concern.
I thought having a bottom 6 that can score goals puts you into a better position to win hockey games. I must have misunderstood.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:25 PM
  #435
we like our team
#1 brett lebda fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Our bottom 6 has virtually no offensive talent. Only guy I think is decent offensively is Eaves. I like what I've seen from Emmerton too I guess, he creates chances for himself.

Miller, Cleary, Abby, Tootoo. Can't really rely on these guys to score you many goals. We need some scoring depth. Nyquist or Tatar needs to come up for one of these turds.
eaves isn't any more of a goal scorer than those players and he's just as invisible most of the time

we like our team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:29 PM
  #436
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I thought having a bottom 6 that can score goals puts you into a better position to win hockey games. I must have misunderstood.
Winning hockey games often requires outscoring the opposition. Having 3 or 4 lines that can score goals rather than just 1 or 2 can definitely help if your goal is to outscore the opposition. Of course some would argue making sure your minor league team is good is a larger concern than having your top team outscore the opposition. Which, studies have shown, can help you win hockey games.

Run the Jewels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:29 PM
  #437
Jurky
Pulkamania Runs Wild
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 50
......... ****ing ****** **** balls!

From Khan

Quote:
Wings GK Ken Holland said they'll know more about Smith (shoulder) when he sees doctor Monday but said "looks like minimum 10-14 days.''


Last edited by Jurky: 02-02-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:34 PM
  #438
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Maybe Holland could trade another first round pick for some defenseman no one else wants as a replacement for Smith.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:35 PM
  #439
Frk It
#TwentyFour
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Winning hockey games often requires outscoring the opposition. Having 3 or 4 lines that can score goals rather than just 1 or 2 can definitely help if your goal is to outscore the opposition. Of course some would argue making sure your minor league team is good is a larger concern than having your top team outscore the opposition. Which, studies have shown, can help you win hockey games.
What do you think the best solution is to distributing the scoring on the roster, so that there is not so much pressure on the top 2 lines to carry the team?

I like the physicality of the 4th line with Tootoo and if Abby is in his right spot. Emmerton has played well I think this year, and has started winning draws pretty well.

I have an issue with the 3rd line. Cleary really just provides nothing offensively even strength, and looks very outmatched on the PP. Miller is a very good forward for the PK, and is very good positioning wise defensively. But he provides very little offensively as well. If that is your 3rd line with Helm or Abby as the center, they are going to really struggle to give you consistent offense. Sammy coming back from injury could help out this line maybe, but he did not look great the beginning of the season.

Just thought maybe the injection of some young skilled guys who are eager to compete could help this team, but I am just spitballing here.

edit: Eaves is the guy who plays on the 3rd line as well, usually over Miller. I think he has the best shot of these guys in our bottom 6, but he looks a little tenative out there to me since coming back from injury, looks like he is still adjusting.


Last edited by Frk It: 02-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:35 PM
  #440
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Surprised Smith was able to stay out there for a bit considering it seems like a serious injury. Gotta give him some credit, he's a tough kid.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:36 PM
  #441
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Terrible giveaway by Kronner, and boy did Howard look tiny in net on that shot. Was slouched very low on his post short-side.
Only managed one goal against Columbus as well, might as well give Nyquist

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:36 PM
  #442
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats
 
Kronwalled55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,277
vCash: 500
At least we get Ian White back soon.

Plan the parade.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:45 PM
  #443
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
What do you think the best solution is to distributing the scoring on the roster, so that there is not so much pressure on the top 2 lines to carry the team?

I like the physicality of the 4th line with Tootoo and if Abby is in his right spot. Emmerton has played well I think this year, and has started winning draws pretty well.

I have an issue with the 3rd line. Cleary really just provides nothing offensively even strength, and looks very outmatched on the PP. Miller is a very good forward for the PK, and is very good positioning wise defensively. But he provides very little offensively as well. If that is your 3rd line with Helm or Abby as the center, they are going to really struggle to give you consistent offense. Sammy coming back from injury could help out this line maybe, but he did not look great the beginning of the season.

Just thought maybe the injection of some young skilled guys who are eager to compete could help this team, but I am just spitballing here.
I was mostly joking/having fun with my reply. There are some who would argue Gus Nyquist, PPG player in the AHL for two years running, is better served playing in GR instead of helping the DRW score goals. Silly kids.

Heck, I'm about ready to go buck wild and have some fun. The top two lines seem OK for now, what we clearly lack is any offensive skill at all on our bottom 6. What would I do to address that? I would seriously give this a shot:

Miller-Abby-Tootoo
Nyquist-Emmerton-Tatar

What the hell do you have to lose? Then when Helm gets healthy you can send either Tatar or Nyquist down if necessary. Nyquist and Tatar are both skilled guys who could give us some scoring punch in our bottom 6. With only 1 to 2 lines that currently can score goals it's pretty easy to defend us. Put together another line that is tough to play against along with one more scoring line and see what happens.


Last edited by Run the Jewels: 02-03-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Run the Jewels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
  #444
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
I was mostly joking/having fun with my reply. There are some who would argue Gus Nyquist, PPG player in the AHL for two years running, is better served playing in GR and not helping the DRW score goals. Silly kids.

Heck, I'm about ready to go buck wild and have some fun. The top two lines seem OK for now, what we clearly lack is any offensive skill at all on our bottom 6. What would I do to address that? I would seriously give this a shot:

Miller-Abby-Tootoo
Nyquist-Emmerton-Tatar

What the hell do you have to lose? Then when Helm gets healthy you can send either Tatar or Nyquist down if necessary. Nyquist and Tatar are both skilled guys who could give us some scoring punch in our bottom 6. With only 1 to 2 lines that currently can score goals it's pretty easy to defend us. Put together another line that is tough to play against along with one more scoring line and see what happens.
Those lines are impossible. Jman has already assured me that it is impossible to bring Nyquist up

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:51 PM
  #445
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Terrible play by Kronwall, but not exactly out of character either. But man oh man, what a hard stop and shot by AA- looked like Mario Lemieux from a tough angle. And his 2nd goal was pretty sweet also, good set of hands on that guy.
No doubt, AA had an awesome snipe there. The bigger problem for us is that our #1 dman has been on the ice for 10 of the last 13 goals against. Kronwall is kinda getting exposed as the season goes on.

Run the Jewels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:43 AM
  #446
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 25,219
vCash: 500
Missed the 1st, but what a bad effort from the group tonight. I'd be fine if guys like Franzen weren't producing because of being snake bitten/ not getting bounces, but he never moves his ass. Seems so disinterested in being a part of this team.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
  #447
theYman
Registered User
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indagloryhole
Country: United States
Posts: 12,127
vCash: 500
Everyone not named Quincey is getting injured. Is this a sick joke?

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:08 AM
  #448
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Everyone not named Quincey is getting injured. Is this a sick joke?
It's like the hockey gods hate us.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:06 AM
  #449
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 420
Columbus is a good team. Their stats don't back it up but they can compete with the top teams in the league. We've beat up on them for so long that it's impossible for some fans to respect they can win. Johnson played 35 minutes, set a 7 year record for TOI. Blue Jackets played us hard, close, and Bobrovski was also good in net.

This season is proving how big an effect back to back games is. We were drained.

An even bigger effect is special teams, and Detroit must continue to practice and practice again our powerplays. Somethings got to give.

Lets not forget we're playing 5 men short. Helm and Sammy together could complete a point getting 3rd line. The Wings are hurting right now and with Lashoff and Huskins we have a patchwork assembly of barely serviceable D men. Huskins is a descent hockey player but does not appear to be in the best shape.

There were questions in the post game about Howard, doubting him is silly. The 2nd goal was a complete giveaway and the 3rd Anisimov was given way too much room near the net. Both goals I couldn't help notice Franzen entering the frame way late. Howard has been unbelievable, he's so good fans have come to expect him to be radar perfect every single shot. We should have had more than one(or 2) goal this game.

Like most of us my only real question/concern is that Cleary is not put down on the 4th line. Can't management see that Cleary is not what he used to be? Yet, sadly there is no one proving they can do anything better in Cleary's position. I am all for bringing in Nyquist/Tatar into the bottom 6, at least until Helm is returned.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:37 AM
  #450
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
Columbus is a good team. Their stats don't back it up but they can compete with the top teams in the league. We've beat up on them for so long that it's impossible for some fans to respect they can win. Johnson played 35 minutes, set a 7 year record for TOI. Blue Jackets played us hard, close, and Bobrovski was also good in net.

This season is proving how big an effect back to back games is. We were drained.

An even bigger effect is special teams, and Detroit must continue to practice and practice again our powerplays. Somethings got to give.

Lets not forget we're playing 5 men short. Helm and Sammy together could complete a point getting 3rd line. The Wings are hurting right now and with Lashoff and Huskins we have a patchwork assembly of barely serviceable D men. Huskins is a descent hockey player but does not appear to be in the best shape.

There were questions in the post game about Howard, doubting him is silly. The 2nd goal was a complete giveaway and the 3rd Anisimov was given way too much room near the net. Both goals I couldn't help notice Franzen entering the frame way late. Howard has been unbelievable, he's so good fans have come to expect him to be radar perfect every single shot. We should have had more than one(or 2) goal this game.

Like most of us my only real question/concern is that Cleary is not put down on the 4th line. Can't management see that Cleary is not what he used to be? Yet, sadly there is no one proving they can do anything better in Cleary's position. I am all for bringing in Nyquist/Tatar into the bottom 6, at least until Helm is returned.
You can't defend Howard. He did not play and it is more than obvious.


Last edited by 14ari13: 02-03-2013 at 05:43 AM.
14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.