HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Drama Surrounding PK Subban

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Hot Water Bottle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
PJ Stock's claiming on HNIC that everyone on the Habs bench dislikes Subban and he's currently being shunned by his teammates.
So one guy named PJ has an irrational grudge against another player named PK? Maybe he'll go after Pierre-Luc Leblond next.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
TheGoalJudge

The way all these lies and rumours have snowballed into a popular opinion is just staggering to watch.

There's probably not a single guy in that room that hates PK.

Markov is an ass to the media 100% of the time and the time he talks about PK, suddenly his reaction is worth analyzing? The guy did a whole day in the life segment and smiled maybe twice. And the thing is everyone knows Markov is like this.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
This is no different than the Vancouver goaltending controversy the media insists on perpetuating. Markov is a blunt guy and wasn't interested in humoring the media. I doubt he has any issues with PK. There is no thinly veiled shots or jabs, just the media desperate for a story. The HNiC panel is so moronic Glen friggin' Healy looks intelligent. Let that settle in for a moment.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I feel bad for Subban.

Montreal treats him terribly. The team and media, that is.
what the **** are you talking about? you don't know ****. 0. he got standing ovation when he stepped out for his first shift.

pj stock is an idiot. plain and simple. look at prust's twitter feed...he was out last night having dinner with subban

Old
02-02-2013, 02:48 PM
pucky

Habs fans in denial. The fights, the controversies last year, the hold-out... who cares what the contract was...everyone was there and he already has issues.

But, MacLean (ex-coach, not Ron) mentioned the Canadiens players showing disrespect and not being team players in talking about Subban coming back. It was ridiculous as they are not team players because they're not jumping up and down and all giddy?!? So, MacLean is sticking up for poor Subban for all the Hab fans out there. But, he did point out how the team mates are not enthusiastic about his return and this seems to fit the alleged pattern that he's not that popular in the dressing room.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:51 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
what the **** are you talking about? you don't know ****. 0. he got standing ovation when he stepped out for his first shift.

pj stock is an idiot. plain and simple. look at prust's twitter feed...he was out last night having dinner with subban
The rest of the team and the media gave him a standing ovation?

I clearly wasn't talking about the fans.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Habs fans in denial. The fights, the controversies last year, the hold-out... who cares what the contract was...everyone was there and he already has issues.

But, MacLean (ex-coach, not Ron) mentioned the Canadiens players showing disrespect and not being team players in talking about Subban coming back. It was ridiculous as they are not team players because they're not jumping up and down and all giddy?!? So, MacLean is sticking up for poor Subban for all the Hab fans out there. But, he did point out how the team mates are not enthusiastic about his return and this seems to fit the alleged pattern that he's not that popular in the dressing room.
as ******** as I believe all of this is...and wishful thinking on the part of trolls from other teams and media- he's better than kaberle and his teammates will pick up on that very soon

Old
02-02-2013, 02:52 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
This is no different than the Vancouver goaltending controversy the media insists on perpetuating. Markov is a blunt guy and wasn't interested in humoring the media. I doubt he has any issues with PK. There is no thinly veiled shots or jabs, just the media desperate for a story. The HNiC panel is so moronic Glen friggin' Healy looks intelligent. Let that settle in for a moment.
So, there's nothing to do it but most of the panel are giving hints there might be issues there? That makes little sense. It's mostly Healy that talks out his a$$, not the rest of them. PJ Stock might have inaccurate assessments now and then but I doubt they're trying to be wrong or knowingly saying falsehoods. It would be interesting if Hrudey ever comments about it. But, I guess no matter what anyone says there about it, Hab fans will think it's all crap.

Old
jpchabby

Quote:

But that's just wrong. So...

Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
The rest of the team and the media gave him a standing ovation?

I clearly wasn't talking about the fans.
he's not disliked by the media, aside from a few ***** making up stories. is there such love and harmony all over the oiler dressing-room?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Is this a joke?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
There's a serious racism problem in North America, but it's impossible for me to convince you that this is a very possible cause...So, I'll just leave it at that.
I'm well aware of the prevalence of covert racism around North America. But there's very little evidence to support that problem being extended to professional athletes. If you provided me with clear evidence from the Montreal media that they have a problem with black athletes, I'll believe it.

Montreal doesn't seem to have much of a problem with Francois Bouillon.

Playing the race card involves no critical thinking abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
It's nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the Montreal media creating a controversy where there isn't one.
Exactly.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I Believe

Overblown, I don't buy it one bit. Is Jamie Benn getting shunned too? Drew Doughty?

Old
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
as ******** as I believe all of this is...and wishful thinking on the part of trolls from other teams and media- he's better than kaberle and his teammates will pick up on that very soon
What does Kaberle have to do with all of that?

Old
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
There's a serious racism problem in North America, but it's impossible for me to convince you that this is a very possible cause...So, I'll just leave it at that.
I don't know if you're serious or not.

Anyways, the majority of Canadians aren't racist. Hell, in Quebec as long as you speak french or play for the Habs you're fine.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:58 PM
76ftw

didn't they have a twitter pic the other day here they went out for supper together? Subban Prust and Armstrong I believe.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Hugo Sham

31m Dave Stubbs Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

From someone who's here most days: #Habs have roughly said, "We'll talk about P.K. when he's here." There's no revolt. None.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:00 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukapu View Post
Seriously? I'd much prefer a society that was too vigilant with regards to racism than one that was too lax.
There's a difference between being too vigilant with regards to race and running around calling everyone racist at every chance you get. Calling someone racist is a pretty damn big deal; you better have legitimate reason before tossing that around.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:04 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Omfg...go Montreal media, do your stupid job and run another player out of town. The habs get dominated by their own media and their rumours year after year after year, when will the team finally minimize team and media interaction to reduce these kinds of distractions

Old
02-02-2013, 03:04 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Subby so hated.

A false story being twisted because the microscope is on the kid and the team.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post

Subby so hated.

Who is he with there?

Old
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThankYouBasedGod View Post
Who is he with there?
Brandon Prust #8

Old
02-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
So, there's nothing to do it but most of the panel are giving hints there might be issues there? That makes little sense. It's mostly Healy that talks out his a$$, not the rest of them. PJ Stock might have inaccurate assessments now and then but I doubt they're trying to be wrong or knowingly saying falsehoods. It would be interesting if Hrudey ever comments about it. But, I guess no matter what anyone says there about it, Hab fans will think it's all crap.
Because the media never attempts to spin something out of proposition and place undue emphasis on falsehoods and melodrama. I reiterate, how long has their been a supposed goalie controversy in Vancouver despite no indication of one? PJ Stock is not just inaccurate. He is an idiot trying to vicariously keep alive his failure of a career. Until there is some actual proof. Yes, I will continue to believe it is all crap.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:16 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post

Subby so hated.

Prust's smile isn't as big as Subban's, he clearly hates him!

Old
02-02-2013, 03:23 PM
MsWoof

Markov was on TSN earlier this week and someone asked him what he thought of Subban signing. He refused to answer, not even a generic response. Said he just wanted to talk about the upcoming game.

Closed Thread