HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy/Nj

Old
02-24-2013, 12:40 PM
flameaholic

vCash: 500
Cgy/Nj

I'm sick and tired of seeing our goaltender get run over! Back-to-back games (LA/MIN) Joey Mac has gotten run over without a semblance of a response. Flames need some sandpaper on the blue-line.

Proposal: Anton for Anton.

Babchuk

Volchenkov

Fair trade?

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
ALI

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
I'm sick and tired of seeing our goaltender get run over! Back-to-back games (LA/MIN) Joey Mac has gotten run over without a semblance of a response. Flames need some sandpaper on the blue-line.

Babchuk

Volchenkov

Fair trade?
they don't need D NJ wants FW for D

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
deal.

don't really even care what we get for Volch at this point.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
DropIt

I could be wrong, but I doubt NJ would want a benchwarmer for an everyday starter

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Strong Island

Volchenkov for Stempniak.

Strong Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:14 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Island View Post
Volchenkov for Stempniak.
No chance. Not with the way Stempniak is playing this year.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
deal.

don't really even care what we get for Volch at this point.
...Lol really?

I'm sorry but what grit does this team have on defense with Volch gone? Who is going to block shots and knock other players on their butts Sal? I don't understand the Volchenkov hate that Devil fans give him...and to want to trade him for Babchuk?

I would pass on that in a heartbeat. Personally I rather have someone that is a big body, isn't a complete liability (Tallinder/Salvador) and can actually play defense. Sure sometimes Volch makes dumb plays (Like screening his own goalie against Washington) but compared to our other "brilliant" defensemen? He's amazing.

Bottom line I think this is an awful return. We get nothing back. We get a 3rd to 4th liner for one of our top depth defensemen. New Jersey gets fleeced and Calgary laughs.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Volchenkov has not been good for NJ, sorry. plus his contract is pretty bad. I would do whatever it took to get his contract off the books

Old
02-24-2013, 01:31 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Volchenkov has not been good for NJ, sorry. plus his contract is pretty bad. I would do whatever it took to get his contract off the books
His contract is a non-factor. The Devils have the 9th most cap room in the NHL. I don't know what Anton Volchenkov you have been watching to say he has been "not good for NJ" and to make it seem like he's been our worst defenseman. You want a bad contract? Sal's deal has to be the worst one for the team. Tallinder's is pretty bad too but it's safe to say he's the odd man out and his contract will be up after next season.

I would do whatever it takes to get one of those two off the books. We should have never made Salvador capt. Rolled three A's on Patty, Kovy and Zajac. But yeah you get rid of Volchenkov you get rid of our toughest defenseman.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
...Lol really?

I'm sorry but what grit does this team have on defense with Volch gone? Who is going to block shots and knock other players on their butts Sal? I don't understand the Volchenkov hate that Devil fans give him...and to want to trade him for Babchuk?

I would pass on that in a heartbeat. Personally I rather have someone that is a big body, isn't a complete liability (Tallinder/Salvador) and can actually play defense. Sure sometimes Volch makes dumb plays (Like screening his own goalie against Washington) but compared to our other "brilliant" defensemen? He's amazing.

Bottom line I think this is an awful return. We get nothing back. We get a 3rd to 4th liner for one of our top depth defensemen. New Jersey gets fleeced and Calgary laughs.
what

Volch was amazing.... before he signed with NJ. He's too slow now, I can't name 5 players that are slower than he is, his contract sucks and I think we're stuck with him... same with Tallinder unless Lou can pull something out of the bag

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Volchenkov won't defend your goalies. If anything, he'll throw more people at them.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
His contract is a non-factor. The Devils have the 9th most cap room in the NHL. I don't know what Anton Volchenkov you have been watching to say he has been "not good for NJ" and to make it seem like he's been our worst defenseman. You want a bad contract? Sal's deal has to be the worst one for the team. Tallinder's is pretty bad too but it's safe to say he's the odd man out and his contract will be up after next season.

I would do whatever it takes to get one of those two off the books. We should have never made Salvador capt. Rolled three A's on Patty, Kovy and Zajac. But yeah you get rid of Volchenkov you get rid of our toughest defenseman.
Sal has played better and makes more than a million less than Volch, dude.

and the contract is not a non factor. look at all the FAs we have after the year. the cap is going down and we have a handful of guys (Clarkson, Henrique, etc.) that will be getting significant raises.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
what

Volch was amazing.... before he signed with NJ. He's too slow now, I can't name 5 players that are slower than he is, his contract sucks and I think we're stuck with him... same with Tallinder unless Lou can pull something out of the bag
Are you going to tell me you rather (if given the choice) rather have Tallinder over Volchenkov? He might be a little overpaid but I am telling you given our cap room it is a total non-factor. I also don't think he is as bad as you are making him out to be. And as I said before Sal's contract is clearly worse. I doubt if he even plays all three years...I fully expect him to be bought out if this season is an indication of how he will continue to play.

EDIT:

Three years. Currently 37 years old. Volchenkov is significantly younger. A year to year deal for Sal would have been fine but to take him to he is forty is awful.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

STOP saying the cap room is a total non factor. that simply is not true. the cap goes DOWN next year.

Sal makes like 25% less. and has played better.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:49 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Quote:
Are you going to tell me you rather (if given the choice) rather have Tallinder over Volchenkov? He might be a little overpaid but I am telling you given our cap room it is a total non-factor. I also don't think he is as bad as you are making him out to be. And as I said before Sal's contract is clearly worse. I doubt if he even plays all three years...I fully expect him to be bought out if this season is an indication of how he will continue to play.

EDIT:

Three years. Currently 37 years old. Volchenkov is significantly younger. A year to year deal for Sal would have been fine but to take him to he is forty is awful.
no I'm telling you they both ****ing suck and the cap hit is very important because it hurts trade value

Salvador can be better but there's a reason why he plays 22 mins + a game and Volch only plays 16mins

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
STOP saying the cap room is a total non factor. that simply is not true. the cap goes DOWN next year.

Salvador throws the puck over the glass every other time he handles it in his end. Shenanigans on the claim that he has played better.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Anton Volchenkov is garbage. He's a perfect d-man for the pre lockout game but post lockout, he's a younger version of Derian Hatcher. He's beyond slow, he can't handle the puck even if his life dependant on it and his a complete black hole in the offensive zone.

Anyone who is willing to take Volchenkov off our hands... Should immediately get fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Volchenkov won't defend your goalies. If anything, he'll throw more people at them.
This made me laugh soooooooooooooooooooo hard

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:41 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Holy **** no! Volchenkov has a cap hit of 4.25 for 3 more years and he can barely play, we are free of Anton after this year.

If New Jersey keeps half his cap then maybe.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Xelstyle

Holy crap. I knew that Volchenkov had a $4.25M caphit, but until 2016? With the Flames being a regular cap-spending team, this would be a terrible move for them to take.

Even if NJ took $1M/year caphit, it's still a hard buy.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post

Babchuk

Volchenkov

Fair trade?
Sounds like the thread has gotten off topic, but Devils decline. We don't need Babchuk with 8D, and Volchenkov is vital to us for the unique game he brings. If we were to swap him, it would be for a forward.

Quote:

We've already looked into this. It doesn't handicap us at all when looking at what every Devils UFA would get. Volchenkov would be a bad deal if we were up against the cap, but we're not. The only way it screws us over is if we looking to sign someone like Perry or Getzlaf in the offseason, and neither do I see happening.

Devils have 25.3 million in cap space next year. Our UFAs and would they would likely get:

Elias-> 5-6 million
Zubrus-> 2.5-3 million
Clarkson-> 4.5-5.5 million
Ponikarovsky-> 1.5-2 million
Henrique-> 2.5 million on a short two year deal, 3.75 on a longer four year one (like Zajac signed)
Butler/Loktionov/Josefson-> Probably no more than 3 million combined.

Add the highest of those numbers up: 23.25 million. Still gives us two million to work with. That's if we resign everybody and if we don't trade a defender.

Volchenkov doesn't handicap us at all.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:40 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Holy **** no! Volchenkov has a cap hit of 4.25 for 3 more years and he can barely play, we are free of Anton after this year.

If New Jersey keeps half his cap then maybe.
I just noticed that. I rescind my offer.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
...Lol really?

Bumped after today's game, which for Volch, consisted of an attempt to back bodydrop one Jet, and then later, a trip out of the 8 year old playing soccer playbook.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote