Old
08-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

vCash: 500
Mark Grace arrested for another DUI; Could get 5+ years in prison

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diam...mondbacks.html

Quote:
Diamondbacks television analyst Mark Grace is taking a leave of absence from the broadcast booth one day after he was arrested by Scottsdale Police Thursday night for DUI.

The team announced the move Friday afternoon, saying in a statement that Grace "requested an indefinite leave of absence to seek personal assistance. Due to the nature of Grace's request, the team will have no further comment on the matter at this time."

Grace was arrested by a Scottsdale Police officer at approximately 9 p.m. Thursday night according to Sgt. Mark Clark.
Quote:
He was arrested without incident.

Grace was driving his vehicle without an interlock device (as was required) and his license was suspended for a prior DUI in Scottsdale on May 30, 2011.
Recent mugshot

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 08-26-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:06 PM
KH1

If you get busted for driving drunk more than once, you've gotta go to jail.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
I like Mark Grace. But Im under the opinion that you should go to Jail for 30-60 days for a first time offense, let alone a second one. The punishments are too lenient most places and all it takes is one time for a person to get behind a wheel drunk to destroy an entire family.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Agreed

One thing being a me of concern though. While I know those who are convicted of a DUI must pay for the breathing device and the installation of; Isn't the government responsible for installing the device?

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 08-24-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
08-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I like Mark Grace. But Im under the opinion that you should go to Jail for 30-60 days for a first time offense, let alone a second one. The punishments are too lenient most places and all it takes is one time for a person to get behind a wheel drunk to destroy an entire family.
Arizona has some of the toughest DUI laws in the country. Hell, you can get arrested in AZ for a DUI without even driving the car, truck, etc.

Lets say you walk out of a bar drunk and your car keys are in your possession, the police can and will arrested you for a DUI on the basis of probable cause.

Hell, I knew a guy who was sleeping in the back of his truck drunk and was going to drive in the morning when he sobered up. The police woke him up at 3AM in the parking lot while telling he they can arrested him for a DUI. He didn't get arrested for seeing that the police told him he better get someone to give him a ride home at that very moment.

What that being said, I would be shocked if the book on the 2nd offense wasn't thrown at Mark.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 08-24-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Arizona has some of the toughest DUI laws in the country. Hell, you can get arrested in AZ for a DUI without even driving the car, truck, etc.

Lets say you walk out of a bar drunk and your car keys are in your possession, the police can and will arrested you for a DUI on the basis of probable cause.

Hell, I knew a guy who was sleeping in the back of his truck drunk and was going to drive in the morning when he sobered up. The police woke him up at 3AM in the parking lot while telling he they can arrested him for a DUI. He didn't get arrested for seeing that the police told him he better get someone to give him a ride home at that very moment.

What that being said, I would be shocked if the book on the 2nd offense wasn't thrown at Mark.
Those are stringent laws. In New Jersey it is a joke. I had a friend killed by a drunk driver who already two offenses and was driving without his license when the fatal accident occurred. In the two cases you mentioned I think that is ludicrous to get a DUI, I just feel if you get behind a wheel drunk and get caught, you should go to jail (even if it is your first offense).

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:22 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I've always hated Mark Grace.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Those are stringent laws. In New Jersey it is a joke. I had a friend killed by a drunk driver who already two offenses and was driving without his license when the fatal accident occurred. In the two cases you mentioned I think that is ludicrous to get a DUI, I just feel if you get behind a wheel drunk and get caught, you should go to jail (even if it is your first offense).
I'm sorry for your loss and there does need to be stricter DUI laws all around but I don't want it to be where in some countries, the 1st offense leads to an execution. You're right about about the AZ laws as well since the laws are more designed to generate money for the state than go after those who are commiting such acts. Besidies almost people who go to the bars anyways either have a DD or they walk to and from the bars.

Going back to Mark Grace. He needs help to quit drinking but he needs to be in prison down in either Florence AZ(Home to AZ's Death Row) or Buckeye AZ 1st before that so he can learn a valuable lesson.

Ashame seeing he has the money to not do this kind of **** seeing he can at least afford a home in one of the more affluent parts of Arizona.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 08-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old
08-24-2012, 08:16 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

more people are going on about "ped's" than a guy getting his second dui.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
If you get busted for driving drunk more than once, you've gotta go to jail.
You'd think so, but we've had cases at work, where there've been people that have multiple cases, only reason it stopped, is because they hit and killed someone. IIRC, we had a case where a drunk driver had a 9 prior DUI convictions, before he hit and killed a little girl on his motorcycle.

(in a ****ed up twist of fate, that particular motorcycle driver was killed in prison by a murderer serving a life sentence, even murderers get offended I guess).

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 11:11 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

For his sake and for others, I pray he gets the help he needs or the wake-up call that makes him realize just how lucky he is.

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

http://ktar.com/22/1570536/Attorney-...time-in-prison

Quote:
If Grace is convicted of an aggravated DUI, a felony, he would get prison time, though it is unclear how long he would be sentenced to, as the time given is dependent on numerous variables. The average sentence in these cases is 2.5 years.
Quote:
When police made contact, they determined that Grace was driving without his interlock device, which is a Class 4 felony. A conviction of driving without the required interlock carries a prison sentence of one year to 3.75 years, followed by probation.

Old
08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

hopefully he gets actual punishment.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:10 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...tml?nopharma=1

looks like he'll get off. despite the dui, expired tags and suspended license. oh and without his court ordered breathalyzer engine dealy.

in related news, i found out today that if i'm caught even looking at my cell phone while driving for work, i get fired.

the world is funny retarded sometimes.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:47 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...o-dui/1880637/

4 months of work release jail time and 3 years of supervised probation. no word on whether or not that interlock device will actually be installed on his vehicle for realsies this time.