HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 11:36 PM
  #1
icKx
Registered User
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Mike Green

What about it, Washington fans seem to have soured on him

Right handed. Not elite defensively but better or equal to anyone we have currently.

Pair him with Smith or Kronwall on the powerplay..

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:52 PM
  #2
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
What about it, Washington fans seem to have soured on him

Right handed. Not elite defensively but better or equal to anyone we have currently.

Pair him with Smith or Kronwall on the powerplay..
They may have soured on him but wait to hear the asking price, my guess is you don't escape without including a 1st and some pretty nice things.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:56 PM
  #3
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Was honestly just looking him up on capgeek.
$6.2M.

What would it take to get him
We trade Quincey or CC, obviously. We'd have to give up a defensive prospect and maybe forward prospect too.

Still leaves us without toughness on the blueline though.

I'd try these two trades:
To Washington: Quincey, Sproul, Andersson for Green
To Toronto: Cleary for Komisarek

Defense
Kronwall Green
Smith Komisarek
Ericsson White
+ Kindl and Huskins + CC

Honestly, we've got so much trash in our lineup, you can't even give it away

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:03 AM
  #4
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,505
vCash: 500
would be a great,high upside move if he didn't cost too much

my only concern would be his health

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:04 AM
  #5
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Was honestly just looking him up on capgeek.
$6.2M.

What would it take to get him
We trade Quincey or CC, obviously. We'd have to give up a defensive prospect and maybe forward prospect too.

Still leaves us without toughness on the blueline though.

I'd try these two trades:
To Washington: Quincey, Sproul, Andersson for Green
To Toronto: Cleary for Komisarek

Defense
Kronwall Green
Smith Komisarek
Ericsson White
+ Kindl and Huskins + CC

Honestly, we've got so much trash in our lineup, you can't even give it away
I would be up to giving any D prospect not named Ouellet, Sproul, or Smith. all these players have top 4 potential at least. switch out Sproul and put in Jensen and Kindl.
Sproul is big and puts up big points, all you need is a few years in the AHL telling him to use the body or he's not getting called up, and you have a poor mans Shea Weber. not only that but Green's cap hit is big and with the new lowered cap they would be happy with a huge contract off their back.

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:06 AM
  #6
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
I would be up to giving any D prospect not named Ouellet, Sproul, or Smith. all these players have top 4 potential at least. switch out Sproul and put in Jensen and Kindl.
Sproul is big and puts up big points, all you need is a few years in the AHL telling him to use the body or he's not getting called up, and you have a poor mans Shea Weber. not only that but Green's cap hit is big and with the new lowered cap they would be happy with a huge contract off their back.
Agree completely Sproul is a big ask at this point if they want to unload Green. TFC will hate it but maybe they have enormous interest in giving Marchenko a roster spot. The Caps do like Russians.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:07 AM
  #7
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,665
vCash: 500
Makes us better on the power play, worst at even strength.

We need a stay at home defensive defensemen. Could care less about Mike Green.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:10 AM
  #8
Dechaineux
Registered User
 
Dechaineux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Australia
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Caps will probably buy him out anyway, won't they?

Dechaineux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:21 AM
  #9
icKx
Registered User
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechaineux View Post
Caps will probably buy him out anyway, won't they?
Never considered that. They do have space but also a fair amount of guys to sign.

I'd still offer Tatar + 2nd, at least.

And Green would not make us worse at even strength. That's baloney. But he and Smith could make the PP a force for the future.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:51 AM
  #10
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,413
vCash: 500
We don't have the pieces to acquire a guy like Green, unfortunately. But I'd rather shoot for a Bogosian or someone like that, if we were going to do a big trade, anyway. Need more nastiness.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:55 AM
  #11
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Agree completely Sproul is a big ask at this point if they want to unload Green. TFC will hate it but maybe they have enormous interest in giving Marchenko a roster spot. The Caps do like Russians.
I don;t think the Caps are all that big on Russians these days.

I'd gladly move Marchenko.
But I think Sproul is what it would cost.
It sounds like a lot. But Green is a defenseman who has scored 31 goals in the NHL.

I'd do this deal in a heartbeat -- if I was pretty sure we could afford it salary wise.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:58 AM
  #12
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,891
vCash: 500
Is there no one available that can actually defend?

I'm tired of defensemen that are average on defense with some supposed offensive upside. Which will never matter because we can never get out of our own end.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:04 AM
  #13
Jimbo7200
Registered User
 
Jimbo7200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
I would rather keep our prospects and ride out this reload than make a bunch of knee jerk moves in this shortend season. Are we an elite team? No. But we are not a bad team either. Smith is only going to get better all year. Sign a guy like Smid this offseason and wait till the kids are ready.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:13 AM
  #14
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
I would rather keep our prospects and ride out this reload than make a bunch of knee jerk moves in this shortend season. Are we an elite team? No. But we are not a bad team either. Smith is only going to get better all year. Sign a guy like Smid this offseason and wait till the kids are ready.
In the same camp, if this is going to be the year we have a bad year, it is a pretty good one. Crapshoot season with the schedule and look at the draft too when thinking about this. Get into the summer and then decide. It will have also given you a close look at all the kids in the summer camp.

More than likely we will get a very good look at Sproul with the Griffins in the playoffs.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:13 AM
  #15
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
I really dont see smid leaving edmonton.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:44 AM
  #16
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
In the same camp, if this is going to be the year we have a bad year, it is a pretty good one. Crapshoot season with the schedule and look at the draft too when thinking about this. Get into the summer and then decide. It will have also given you a close look at all the kids in the summer camp.

More than likely we will get a very good look at Sproul with the Griffins in the playoffs.
What in the **** is the point of having a bad year when we're keeping our rookies in the AHL?

If this is "bad year" season, then call up Tatar and Nyquist now.

But that ain't gonna happen.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:34 AM
  #17
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
What in the **** is the point of having a bad year when we're keeping our rookies in the AHL?

If this is "bad year" season, then call up Tatar and Nyquist now.

But that ain't gonna happen.
Because we're not yet at the "bad year" stage, we're currently tied for 6th place with 3 other teams. If we're completely out of it by the trade deadline (as in 13-15th place, 12+ points out of 8th) that's when we will see Tatar & Nyquist up. Hell we might even see Nyquist up earlier if things turn sour, Tatar should get games in this year as well.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:55 AM
  #18
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,576
vCash: 500
Green is not bad defensively. He has been quite good defensively for the last two years. After his almost Norris year he really started focusing on blocking shots. I think all the negative press hurt his mojo. He is a very underrated two-way defender with elite offense potential (or history). If it was not for that vespa he would be a great pickup for us. He would be like a better version of Smith.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
  #19
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Because we're not yet at the "bad year" stage, we're currently tied for 6th place with 3 other teams. If we're completely out of it by the trade deadline (as in 13-15th place, 12+ points out of 8th) that's when we will see Tatar & Nyquist up. Hell we might even see Nyquist up earlier if things turn sour, Tatar should get games in this year as well.
What if putting tatar and nyquist in the lineup put us in a BETTER position to fight for a playoff spot than our current lineup?

Put tatar and nyquist in and take miller and Cleary out and you have 3 scoring lines instead of 2. Our 3rd line now is terrible compared to years past.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
  #20
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
What if putting tatar and nyquist in the lineup put us in a BETTER position to fight for a playoff spot than our current lineup?

Put tatar and nyquist in and take miller and Cleary out and you have 3 scoring lines instead of 2. Our 3rd line now is terrible compared to years past.
Any time your third line is centered by Helm and fourth line by Abdelkader, you're not going to have three scoring lines.

And this is the issue with Helm.

He's one of our best players, but he totally doesn't fit our system. I'd prefer him at wing if he's a third liner

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
  #21
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
I would be up to giving any D prospect not named Ouellet, Sproul, or Smith. all these players have top 4 potential at least. switch out Sproul and put in Jensen and Kindl.
Sproul is big and puts up big points, all you need is a few years in the AHL telling him to use the body or he's not getting called up, and you have a poor mans Shea Weber. not only that but Green's cap hit is big and with the new lowered cap they would be happy with a huge contract off their back.
That's the thing with trades: you've got to give to get. They are absolutely going to rightfully want a high end prospect plus. Jensen has proven nothing and I am a big fan. It's just too much of an uncertainty compared to Smith who is now a roster player or Ouellet and Sproul who are proving themselves to be high end prospects with a much better shot at being NHL'ers inside of 2-3 years.

And no one is going to take Kindl off our hands. The only way you're getting rid of him is if he can be acquired through waivers. No one is trading away a high end offensive defenseman who was recently a Norris finalist for Jakub Kindl.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
  #22
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Green is not bad defensively. He has been quite good defensively for the last two years. After his almost Norris year he really started focusing on blocking shots. I think all the negative press hurt his mojo. He is a very underrated two-way defender with elite offense potential (or history). If it was not for that vespa he would be a great pickup for us. He would be like a better version of Smith.
We've got plenty of defensive defensemen. What we need is an offensive defenseman. Green would fit the bill but as we all know Holland does not trade roster players. So if we are going to acquire Green it will be when he's in his mid 30s as an UFA.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:41 PM
  #23
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
I would rather keep our prospects and ride out this reload than make a bunch of knee jerk moves in this shortend season. Are we an elite team? No. But we are not a bad team either. Smith is only going to get better all year. Sign a guy like Smid this offseason and wait till the kids are ready.

I highly doubt Smid hits UFA, but if he does he should be target number 1 since Edler has been locked up. Except for not being right handed IMO he's what we need a physical, shot blocking, stay at home guy who can play against the opposition's top guys and log big minutes.


Last edited by Jurky: 01-28-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
  #24
shultzyfeelinirie20
Registered User
 
shultzyfeelinirie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
we need a stay at home dman not all these guys who put up offense and blow defensivly brad stuart was a big blow cause thats exactly what we need

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
  #25
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
we need a stay at home dman not all these guys who put up offense and blow defensivly brad stuart was a big blow cause thats exactly what we need
You do realize we are averaging less than 1 goal per game against St Louis and Chicago, right? Those are the best teams in the division. Scoring goals is kind of important. I don't see us trading for Green, I just disagree with your claim that we don't need offensive dmen.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.