HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Brian Strait called for charging against Stephen Gionta

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
  #1
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 500
Brian Strait called for charging against Stephen Gionta

literally coasted from the middle of the circle to the boards, feet never came off the ice and gionta gets crushed and stays down possibly worst charging call ever?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
  #2
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
YT or it never happened.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:37 AM
  #3
Crabby Williams
Registered User
 
Crabby Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
I'll take your word for it, I guess.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
  #4
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
literally coasted from the middle of the circle to the boards, feet never came off the ice and gionta gets crushed and stays down possibly worst charging call ever?
It was a horrible call and that PP(along with Hedberg) is what won the game for the Devils. Down 1-0 after that the Isles were pressing and gave up a quick one and empty netter. Bad calls happen, but this was ridiculous. Shoulder to his chest and bc he didnt pop back up they called it.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:39 AM
  #5
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
YT or it never happened.
so the ppg that gave th devels the game winning goal never happened either, so the game would still be 0-0 because that hit "never happened"

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:40 AM
  #6
Crabby Williams
Registered User
 
Crabby Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
so the ppg that gave th devels the game winning goal never happened either, so the game would still be 0-0 because that hit "never happened"
Funniest post I've read yet.

You should probably show us the penalty, as they aren't usually in highlight packages.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:42 AM
  #7
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Terrible call. Equally as terrible as Larsson's "interference" on Tavares.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
  #8
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
Funniest post I've read yet.

You should probably show us the penalty, as they aren't usually in highlight packages.
I'm looking for it, it was on nhl network but not on nhl.com

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:45 AM
  #9
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Better yet, post a YT of Adam Larsson's holding penalty on Tavares.

That **** was hilarious. 2 minutes for not bowing down to young Tavares and getting out of his way.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
  #10
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
http://www.msg.com/teams/devils.html#video.2331799723

a little after the 2 minute mark

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
  #11
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
It was a horrible call and that PP(along with Hedberg) is what won the game for the Devils. Down 1-0 after that the Isles were pressing and gave up a quick one and empty netter. Bad calls happen, but this was ridiculous. Shoulder to his chest and bc he didnt pop back up they called it.
Seriously? Kind of hard to argue that special teams won the game for the Devils when the Islanders had their equal share of terrible calls and had 14 minutes of PP time to NJ's 8.

I'm happy the refs decided to award us a goal though since our PP wouldn't have been able to score. That is what happened, right?

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
  #12
Crabby Williams
Registered User
 
Crabby Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
Video won't play for me

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
  #13
Rectify
I need a job.
 
Rectify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Around
Country: United States
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 500
Brutal call.

Rectify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM
  #14
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
It's wasn't a great call but there were some questionable calls against the Devils also. Why not complain about those too?

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM
  #15
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
Video won't play for me
Me neither. Was an obvious bad call though.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
  #16
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
I thought the Strait penalty was a bad call, but the game was filled with them. As someone else mentioned, the Larsson call on Tavares was a total joke.

The Isles lost the game because they couldn't convert on their gazillion PP's and Hedberg was really good. The Devils deserve the credit for the win, they earned it.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
  #17
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Better yet, post a YT of Adam Larsson's holding penalty on Tavares.

That **** was hilarious. 2 minutes for not bowing down to young Tavares and getting out of his way.
when they called that i thought they were calling a penalty against the player that was holding streit for a good 10 seconds during that play, either way the devils deserved a penalty on that play

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
  #18
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
when they called that i thought they were calling a penalty against the player that was holding streit for a good 10 seconds during that play, either way the devils deserved a penalty on that play
And the Islanders got away with plenty of hooks themselves.

But no, they didn't call that penalty on anyone else so I can't see how the Devils 'deserved' a penalty so much so that the refs needed to invent one.

Again, Devils won because Hedberg stood tall and we finally capitalized on a PP chance, deserved or not. Islanders had MORE PP chances and were unable to capitalize.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
  #19
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Seriously? Kind of hard to argue that special teams won the game for the Devils when the Islanders had their equal share of terrible calls and had 14 minutes of PP time to NJ's 8.

I'm happy the refs decided to award us a goal though since our PP wouldn't have been able to score. That is what happened, right?
is your reading comprehension that poor? That PP resulted in the game winning goal, did it not? Therefore, that PP won the game, along with the play of Hedberg. I never said anyone awarded you the goal, just that it was an awful call...which it was. Hedberg was your best player, and was stellar all day, esp on the PK and the save on Grabner.
Not too many of the isles PP were unwarranted. The Larsson call was meh, but otherwise what else wasnt caused by the Isles player getting better position or the Devils making a bad play?

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
  #20
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
is your reading comprehension that poor? That PP resulted in the game winning goal, did it not? Therefore, that PP won the game, along with the play of Hedberg. I never said anyone awarded you the goal, just that it was an awful call...which it was. Hedberg was your best player, and was stellar all day, esp on the PK and the save on Grabner.
Not too many of the isles PP were unwarranted. The Larsson call was meh, but otherwise what else wasnt caused by the Isles player getting better position or the Devils making a bad play?
If that Larsson call was "meh" then this call was perfect and this thread should be closed.

and yes, the Devils PP won the game. Not the refs bad call.

Not too many of the Devils PP were unwarranted either.. pretty much just this one. So one bad call for the Devils, one bad call for the Islanders. Difference in the game (and the result) is the Devils scored on their opportunity. It was a very tight game and both teams were given opportunities they shouldn't have.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
  #21
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
And the Islanders got away with plenty of hooks themselves.

But no, they didn't call that penalty on anyone else so I can't see how the Devils 'deserved' a penalty so much so that the refs needed to invent one.

Again, Devils won because Hedberg stood tall and we finally capitalized on a PP chance, deserved or not. Islanders had MORE PP chances and were unable to capitalize.
exactly what i said...just added it was a horrible call.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
  #22
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
If that Larsson call was "meh" then this call was perfect and this thread should be closed.

and yes, the Devils PP won the game. Not the refs bad call.
the larsson call was HORRIFIC. Did i use the adjective that best describes the call this time?

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
  #23
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 500
the call should never have been made, other calls were debatable, the refs handed the devils the game

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
  #24
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
the call should never have been made, other calls were debatable, the refs handed the devils the game
0-7 on the PP. LOL.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
  #25
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
the larsson call was HORRIFIC. Did i use the adjective that best describes the call this time?
better

my point is that both teams were given at least one PP chance they shouldn't have gotten. The Streit call was dreadful as was the Larsson call. Yea, they came at different points in the game but if the Islanders scored on Larsson's penalty and ended up winning, how would you treat a post implying they didn't deserve to win because the PP they scored on was a bad call?

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.