Notices

Charlie Coyle (sent down on Feb 14)

Old
02-14-2013, 12:09 PM
PariseSuterKoivu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Good call Talon...he looked a lot like the guys on the team now, had some nice chances, some very good play, some invisibility, wasn't finishing. No harm in having him rip up the AHL for a while.
Yeah. And he'll get more practice time and individual attention in Houston than he got here.

PariseSuterKoivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
So does Zucker or Larsson get called up now?
Possibly, they will definitely need to call up someone to be an extra forward body within the next day or two. Baring any injuries in the top 6 tonight, in my opinion its more likely to be Dowell, Veileux or bringing Kassian back up to be that 13th forward/press boxer.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Granlund 64

I see a Dowell or Veilleux getting called up; someone who can sit in the press box and not have it hurt them.

Granlund 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:40 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Not really, he hasn't done much of anything imo.
Agree with you.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:00 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

I dont care that they sent coyle down. because he will be back, so I am not worried. I think they should give zucker a chance though this year since he is the best player in houston

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:48 PM
TheeNorthStar
Ok, dis hockey

Bring up JZ!

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:15 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

Playing on the top-line in the NHL vs playing in the AHL. Hmm, seems to me he would develop more up here. Of course, from a coaching perspective, might learn more from Torch than Yeo.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:18 PM
saywut

Coyle showed he can play in this league right now, as a 3rd liner. But he can't finish like a top-6 player needs to. He had 4-5 chances I would've expected Antti Miettinen to bury on that line, and he couldn't bury one. Considering he's a first year pro and we've got depth players there was no point in keeping him up here. Have him in a scoring role where he can work on getting his hands and head a little quicker so he can finish those plays. He's not that far off.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Coyle showed he can play in this league right now, as a 3rd liner. But he can't finish like a top-6 player needs to. He had 4-5 chances I would've expected Antti Miettinen to bury on that line, and he couldn't bury one. Considering he's a first year pro and we've got depth players there was no point in keeping him up here. Have him in a scoring role where he can work on getting his hands and head a little quicker so he can finish those plays. He's not that far off.
This. I liked what we saw but I think he can find another level in Houston. Give the kid some time to develop and learn.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:09 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Playing on the top-line in the NHL vs playing in the AHL. Hmm, seems to me he would develop more up here. Of course, from a coaching perspective, might learn more from Torch than Yeo.
Posts like this belie your forum name. I take it it was facetious?

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Right on..finding his game to be like that of Chris Kreider's in New York(recently sent down to Connecticut) Physical tools are all there just can't quite put it together yet..

Coyle will be a very solid top 6 power forward in this league. Let him finish out the year in Houston and learn to produce consistently in the pro's then bring him up when Bouchard/Cullen are out of town.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:03 AM
OpRedDawn*

I'm just super anxious to see zucker xD

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:37 AM
10dynasty38*

I want to buy Talon a box of Kleenex cause I know how much he loved Coyle. So be it maybe next year.

10dynasty38* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:44 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dynasty38 View Post
I want to buy Talon a box of Kleenex cause I know how much he loved Coyle. So be it maybe next year.
You obviously don't know me very well. My favorite prospect after Granlund and Brodin is BY FAR and AWAY Larsson!

Hell, after Larsson, I like Dumba... then finally comes Coyle before Zucker and Lucia.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Puhis
@iPuhis

Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Imagine this... We have Granlund and Brodin in NHL already. Coyle, Zucker, Larsson, Phillips, Fontaine and Bulmer in the AHL, already learning from the pros. And then, we have Haula in college, soon ready to turn pro. Lucia, Dumba, Bussieres etc in the juniors or HS and finally, Gunnarsson in the SEL, playing against men and stats-wise, looking good in progress.

On the goaltending department, we have Hackett and Kuemper, who already made their NHL debuts and looked good, and Gustafsson, again playing vs men in Sweden.

Future is looking good. Now, I'm not assuming all of them become NHL players or anything, but with this prospect depth, a couple of busts wont hurt.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote