Old
04-29-2013, 06:42 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Bruins with Bourque: 14-1-3
Bruins without Bourque: 14-13-3
So you are saying Bourque was solely responsible for that? The guy is a top line AHL player, he is not an NHL player, he never looked like he belonged in the NHL, with the exception of his hustle I saw no part of his game that was on the NHL level. Shawn Thornton is a better NHL scorer and he doesn't get to play on the powerplay.

If I was going to put any faith in your stat I would have to say that Bourque is a much better player than Jagr or anyone on the Bruins.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

People are lost without the -Smiley over here.

But as talentless as Bourque was/is, he was a part of the team who won almost every game. He played his heart out.
Who'd you rather take? A floating Horton or Bourque?

Old
04-29-2013, 07:16 AM
MaCam

Agreed with post above. We probably would have been better off with Bourque over Peverley or Horton this season. At least he gave it his all every night. Peverley and Horton seemed to be drifting most of the season.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Therick67

I'd hustle every night, doesn't mean I'm better than Peverley or Horton..

Old
04-29-2013, 07:22 AM
MaCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I'd hustle every night, doesn't mean I'm better than Peverley or Horton..
Alright maybe not Horton because of his goal scoring capabilities, but he could have definitely at least matched or have been better than Pevs has this season.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:30 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

It's been well demonstrated that Bourque was not the problem maker for Peverley. 2 giveaways and 2 penalties in his last game and Peverley's refusal to be mediocre sealed his fate. None of his replacements have fared much better,2 are back in the AHL. Bourque has NHL talent,just may be Columbus type.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

hah. entertaining bump.

I sincerely doubt that Chris Freaking Bourque was the reason for the hot start and the lack of his presence is the Bruins are falling into the post-season....but he sure as **** didn't deserve the lashings he got from this board.

The angst over the lack of scoring from the third line winger at that time....this board would love it if that were the biggest problem now.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

While I don't think Bourque had much (if anything) to do with the mediocrity that followed his return to Providence, I do think it's amazing how much vitriol was directed towards Bourque for being so awful ... and then how little was directed towards Caron for being no better and arguably worse.

While hopefully both guys will be in the minors or in another organization, if given the choice of Bourque or Caron as a spare forward, I'd go with Bourque every day of the week.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCam View Post
Alright maybe not Horton because of his goal scoring capabilities, but he could have definitely at least matched or have been better than Pevs has this season.
In hindsight maybe, but there isn't a gm in the league that wouldnt take peverly over borque, even with salaries aside

Old
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
So you are saying Bourque was solely responsible for that? The guy is a top line AHL player, he is not an NHL player, he never looked like he belonged in the NHL, with the exception of his hustle I saw no part of his game that was on the NHL level. Shawn Thornton is a better NHL scorer and he doesn't get to play on the powerplay.

If I was going to put any faith in your stat I would have to say that Bourque is a much better player than Jagr or anyone on the Bruins.
I didn't read anything saying he was better/more effective than anyone else. He is just stating a fact through stats, I would do what he did and not mean to say more than it is an odd fact.

You can't bring Jagr in as an arguement, he has played enough as a Bruin.

PC should have kept Bourque on the roster as a good luck charm.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:20 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Bourque's effort was never in question. You can't say that about almost everyone else on the team (even Bergeron or Chara ffs some nights have been poor!)

He is not a complete nothing as a hockey player (leading the AHL in scoring and being trusted with minutes on our PP) however as everyone knows he is not good enough to make up for his lack of size at the NHL level. But he was never that bad. We thought the third line could be better with him off it...and then he was removed and it got worse. And after he got demoted the team got significantly worse.

Caron and Pandawful are disgraces and complete embarrassments and should not have played over Bourque after 10 games they should have been dumped and Bourque recalled until replacements arrived via trade.

Furthermore...I think what Bourque showed in his small sample size is enough to consider replacing Peverley with him since the two are reasonably similar in style, and one earns 3.25 next year while the other earns 550k. I think Bourque could replace Peverley (13th man occasional 3rd line duty) and allow us to spend money elsewhere. Peverley has sucked balls this year and he is one of my favorites sadly.

The dude is not my first choice. But he makes peanuts. And I think if he were recalled sometime after his demotion he'd have helped the team a little and his stock would be a tad higher. He really wasn't that bad.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
westernhome

Bourque should be in the NHL, an elite team might not want him on the 3rd line because they would have a solid 2nd line capable guy playing on their 3rd line, but at least half the league would do well to have a guy like Bourque playing on their 3rd line

sad that some guys that stay with the team out of skill or reputation put in a half assed effort most of the time compared to guys who give their all every chance they are given

Old
04-30-2013, 06:21 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Bourque should be in the NHL...at least half the league would do well to have a guy like Bourque playing on their 3rd line.
And yet here he is, toiling away in the AHL. Go figure.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
And yet here he is, toiling away in the AHL. Go figure.
Career AHL`er IMO, been tons over the years who`s excellent AHL game/stats don`t translate to the NHL level.

He was given his best chance with the Bruins, better than any opportunity he has had and although the effort is there, he just doesn`t have "it"

Old
04-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:
Bruins with Bourque: 14-1-3
Bruins without Bourque: 14-13-3
He has 2 goals, 6 assists, and 8 points in 51 NHL games in his career.

If he's the reason that the Bruins have been losing this year, we've got more problems than we realize.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:57 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
People are lost without the -Smiley over here.

But as talentless as Bourque was/is, he was a part of the team who won almost every game. He played his heart out.
Who'd you rather take? A floating Horton or Bourque?
Caron/Soderberg

Old
04-30-2013, 08:19 AM
hemispheres

Put his attitude and hustle in Lucic's body and we would have something here.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
ronwm

I'll just leave this here...

Old
04-30-2013, 09:56 AM
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't like him.. As a player that is for the B's.. I don't know maybe a 3rd liner 4th liner Hmmm Cheap...

Old
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispheres View Post
Put his attitude and hustle in Lucic's body and we would have something here.
Exactly..

Old
04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
bruins repeat time

Hilarious for you guys to think he had something to do with the good record early in the season. This team now has a ton of depth . When Bourque was here we had 11 nhl forwards now we have 14. We can lose anyone of the forwards to injury except bergy marchy segs or krej and the drop off isn't too bad. Did he star on Washington? Did he get picked up on waivers? Just for the record Ray is my favorite player of all time I have nothing against him but hes just not a good nhler at this point anyways.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
bruins repeat time

Mocking Looch---another joke . This guy has taken average talent all the way from from a teenager and made himself in to a prominent nhl player . Keep up the with the great posts. I take this back a bit I didn't read your posts correctly . Yes if Bourque was bigger it would help greatly but theres guys his size that get by. The bottom line is it is what it is. Bourque has lots of skill but hes never cracked the nhl on a regular basis yet or looked like he should. To put down players like Pevs and Horton is a total insult to them . Horton is Horton he always has his ups and down games Pevs is looking terrible this year and looks like he could be scratched tomorrow but I think it has 0 percent to do with effort Looch as well . These guys are trying their just not playing well.

Last edited by bruins repeat time: 04-30-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Closed Thread