HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/Atl -Proposal-

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 02:40 PM
McCabe24

vCash: 500
Edm/Atl -Proposal-

With everyone talking about the Comrie lock-out, asking for a trade, etc...I thought it would be nice to get in on the action and try one...don't worry..no Comrie for Cujo deal here

To Atlanta: Mike Comrie
To Edmonton: Patrik Stefan, Ivan Majesky, 3rd round pick

Stefan has had trouble handling the 2nd line duties in Atlanta, mostly because of the pressure he's had on him while developing....I also believe he was with Kovalchuk and Heatley before they acquired Savard...In Edmonton, he can have have the pressure taken off playing on the third line behind York and Horcoff and maybe its' not too late for him to sort out his weaknesses...Edmonton also gets another big, defensively solid guy for the 3rd pairing, realtively younger too which they like, and a 3rd to balance things out.

Atlanta begins a dynasty putting Comrie between the dynamic duo and the line soars....and soars....and doesn't stop. Savard is moved to the 2nd line where I'm sure he'd feel more comfortable with McEachern and Kozlov and it gives Atlanta good scoring lines.

Thoughts?

Old
09-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCabe24
With everyone talking about the Comrie lock-out, asking for a trade, etc...I thought it would be nice to get in on the action and try one...don't worry..no Comrie for Cujo deal here

Stefan has had trouble handling the 2nd line duties in Atlanta, mostly because of the pressure he's had on him while developing....I also believe he was with Kovalchuk and Heatley before they acquired Savard...In Edmonton, he can have have the pressure taken off playing on the third line behind York and Horcoff and maybe its' not too late for him to sort out his weaknesses...Edmonton also gets another big, defensively solid guy for the 3rd pairing, realtively younger too which they like, and a 3rd to balance things out.

Atlanta begins a dynasty putting Comrie between the dynamic duo and the line soars....and soars....and doesn't stop. Savard is moved to the 2nd line where I'm sure he'd feel more comfortable with McEachern and Kozlov and it gives Atlanta good scoring lines.

Thoughts?
Too many Comrie proposals... head beginning to spin... eyes starting to roll back in head... foam beginning to emerge from mouth... hands starting to gesture madly...

Stefan's a solid enough player, but is he proven enough to be the centerpiece of a deal that gets you Comrie? I don't really think so. Majesky would probably be a helpful player to the Oilers, but he's nothing all that great.

I say no deal from an Oilers perspective though the Thrashers would love this deal, I'm sure.

Old
09-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Dr Love

The Thrashers just aquired Majesky, try a different defenseman. And Heatley and Kovalchuk don't play on the same line together.

Old
09-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
The Thrashers just aquired Majesky, try a different defenseman. And Heatley and Kovalchuk don't play on the same line together.
Yannick tremblay??

Old
09-20-2003, 04:24 PM
hunter orange

I like the proposal I've been circulating between these two teams better. Majesky is a solid d--man, but he may never become the true 3/2 defenseman Edmonton needs. With young guys like Semenov and Brewer, the Oil are looking for young heirs to Smith and Staios.

A guy like Exelby will interest the Oil far more than Majesky, especially if Lowe gives up on Comrie...Stefan alone just does not have as much trade value as Mike.

Comrie and Moreau ----- for ------ Stefan an Exelby

Old
09-20-2003, 04:37 PM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
I like the proposal I've been circulating between these two teams better. Majesky is a solid d--man, but he may never become the true 3/2 defenseman Edmonton needs. With young guys like Semenov and Brewer, the Oil are looking for young heirs to Smith and Staios.

A guy like Exelby will interest the Oil far more than Majesky, especially if Lowe gives up on Comrie...Stefan alone just does not have as much trade value as Mike.

Comrie and Moreau ----- for ------ Stefan an Exelby
Would definetly ask more form Atlanta.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
for sure

Old
09-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Well you won't get more than Stefan and a draft pick/defenceman (not Exelby) for Comrie. Even if it was Comrie straight up for Stefan, I'll still think twice about it because Stefan brings a lot of things to the table for Atlanta (size, defence, speed, improving offensive awareness and production) while Comrie is mainly just a pure offensive talent - I must admit a very good one though. The fact that he is holding out means that his value is going to drop and keep on dropping.

Edmonton GM better act fast and trade him while his value is reasonably high or it could turn out into another Marc Savard situation where he gets traded for an unknown prospect due mainly because of the GM's reluctance of delaying the trade for such a long period of time.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Well you won't get more than Stefan and a draft pick/defenceman (not Exelby) for Comrie. Even if it was Comrie straight up for Stefan, I'll still think twice about it because Stefan brings a lot of things to the table for Atlanta (size, defence, speed, improving offensive awareness and production) while Comrie is mainly just a pure offensive talent - I must admit a very good one though. The fact that he is holding out means that his value is going to drop and keep on dropping.

Old
09-20-2003, 09:41 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCabe24

Thoughts?

Why not go for Heatley, Some ottawa fans think Havlat can get him!!

Old
09-21-2003, 06:59 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:

Edmonton GM better act fast and trade him while his value is reasonably high or it could turn out into another Marc Savard situation where he gets traded for an unknown prospect due mainly because of the GM's reluctance of delaying the trade for such a long period of time.
Any way you put it Comrie would bring a lot more than a bust in Stefan, and a draft pick. Moreau probably has as much value as Stefan right now, so to think Comrie isn't worth quite a bit more than a guy who has a hard time cracking 30 pts. is fairly silly.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Kritty

Quote:

Stefan and a pick or depth dman or Stefan alone for Comrie? Are you serious? If you wouldn't trade Stefan for Comrie then you aren't too concerned with improving your team. Comrie is leaps and bounds above Stefan as a centre. Yes, Comrie isn't the most sound defensive player in the game but you don't want your top centre worrying about defence. His offence alone is worth the defensive defficiency. Oh right, Stefan has size (overrated characteristic), defence, speed, improving offensive awareness and production. Ok, let's see. The only thing Stefan has over Comrie is size and defence. Size to me is not as important as people seem to think. I'll take a 5'9 guy who can produce over a 6'3 guy who hasn't. Improving offensive awareness and production? So at his pace, Stefan should hit 50 points in what, 5 years? Come on now, Comrie is the better player, far and away.

And why does everyone think Comrie's value will go down because he's holding out? Yes, some teams will think less of him but there are also other teams that will still have very high regard for him. Making such a statement isn't true at all. And no, this is not another Savard situation. Savard had a terrible attitude and was a problem for the team. As far as I know, Comrie has nothing like that. Yes, he is holding out but his play on the ice and in the dressing room is in no way similar to Savard.

Bottom line, Atlanta won't get Comrie for Stefan and a pick. Lowe is in the position where he doesn't have to trade Comrie, if he wants to he can let him sit until he gets a deal he likes.

Old
09-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

why would Oilers trade away a top-line centre for a 3rd line guy and a d-man in the same "growth" stage as Bergeron, Luoma, and about 6 other guys. bad deal.

if we are gonna go out and get a d-man, its gotta be someone who can come in today and produce. Oilers have prospects coming out of every orfice. we need NOW players, not MAYBE LATER, cuz we've got enough of those.

Old
09-21-2003, 10:58 AM
FacelessButcher

Question: how good is stefan in the dot and how willing would u be to trade coburn?

Old
09-21-2003, 11:16 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Question: how good is stefan in the dot and how willing would u be to trade coburn?
coburn wouldn't be worth the hassle of putting a package together.. he is their number one stud dman so a deal for coburn would need a dman going back.. although lynch has looked good in edmonton's camp, he isn't really a great starting point imo...

as for the initial proposal..

done and done

Old
09-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
as for the initial proposal..

done and done
For the Oilers or Atlanta? I don't really see why Lowe makes this move. Atlanta makes this move in a heartbeat, although dealing Majesky after giving up a 2nd in a good draft might raise a few eyebrows in Atlanta.

Old
09-21-2003, 12:57 PM
andora

done and done for edmonton...

stefan can be better then comrie, and majesky can be another good addition, a big guy that is able to skate and take the body, and brings another right handed shot to go with staios and smith.. gives great depth and flexibility with the defence pairings

Old
09-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Oilhitch

I could see Lowe making a deal if Coburn was involved. Comrie has been a producer and Stefan has not. However I think that Stefan has more potential for the future. Something the Oilers are always looking for.

Old
09-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
done and done for edmonton...

stefan can be better then comrie, and majesky can be another good addition, a big guy that is able to skate and take the body, and brings another right handed shot to go with staios and smith.. gives great depth and flexibility with the defence pairings
Can be? Since when? He has done nothing to ever show this. He is a bust, so why people keep bringing him up is beyond me. As for Majesky being an addition, what makes you think Lowe wants to take on another forward?

Old
09-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Can be? Since when? He has done nothing to ever show this. He is a bust, so why people keep bringing him up is beyond me. As for Majesky being an addition, what makes you think Lowe wants to take on another forward?
Majesky is a defenseman.

Old
09-21-2003, 02:16 PM
McCabe24

Quote:
Majesky is a defenceman....and the Oilers are always looking for some youth and size on defence, well actually..what team isn't?

As for Stefan being a bust,...it's a big risk for Lowe to take, but in the end, I do believe Stefan has it in him to be as good if not better than Comrie. Stefan has not really been a bust IMO, just hasn't shined offensively yet. Anyone who has seen him play knows he does play a somewhat physical game with his size, and he is very responsible defensively....that may be what is taking away from the offensive numbers...

Any Other Thoughts?

Old
09-21-2003, 02:24 PM
andora

stefan is a bust only because of being picked first overall.. he is in no way a bust in terms of being a good and having the potential to become a very good nhl player...

he can still develop into a very solid two way skilled center.. with size...

i said can be.. i never said was... can be because he's shown steady improvement since his stint in chicago two years back.. he's played more committed, and also looked pretty good under hartley, who now will definitely get stefan to play two way hockey as a priority.. and stefan could follow the same development path as legwand, learn defence, excel at defence, have offensive game come to you, impress

Old
09-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
How's he a bust? He's 23. That's how old Jokinen was last season when he at last lived up to his immense potential scored 36 goals and 65 points. Jeff O'Neill was around that age when he scored 63 points. My point? 23 is too young to start declaring people busts. Heck, 23 is right around the age when players BUST OUT.

Majesky is a defenseman.

But as far as your views on this deal, I agree. Comrie is a special player. Yes, he definitely has some growing up to do. Like Stefan, Comrie is 23 and his best years are ahead, but unlike Stefan, he's proven himself to be capable offensively. He's already had a 30 goal season, a 20 goal season, a 60 point season and a 50 point season. What does that mean? His value is higher than Stefan because he's proven himself more offensively and has comparable upside. Majesky does NOT cover up for the difference as IMO he's a fringe NHL defenseman.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Cerebral

At this point in time, I don't really even see Stefan as being that big an upgrade over Horcoff/Reasoner.. granted he has tremendous upside and could end up being a capable top-line center (especially on the amazing Edmonton ice) but he's not at that point yet. I don't see Comrie being traded unless the Oilers get back a top four d-man or a more established centerman.. Marleau/Legwand would be nice..

Old
09-22-2003, 03:57 AM
Atlanta Jim

No way

Atlanta was in the top 10 in GOALS SCORED last year in the bottom 3 of GOALS ALLOWED. Why would we add scoring but lose some defense at this stage of the season? Doesn't make any sense for a team trying to get better defensively to do any of the deals listed.

Closed Thread