HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers 2013 Injury Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Panthers 2013 Injury Thread

I saw this brought up earlier and I thought it was a good idea to go ahead and make this thread. Considering the season is short and condensed, we'll be seeing a lot of guys in and out of the line up, so perhaps we can keep this going as a running update on who is in and who is out of the line up.

Fialkov reports today that Versteeg is unlikely for the trip to Canada, still nursing the groin injury.

He also reports that Weaver is likely in Monday at Ottawa, and that it likely wasn't a concussion, and that the team was just going through "protocol."

Kulikov is set to make his debut tomorrow.

Gudbranson and Goc are still "at least" a week away, with no timetable on Bergenheim.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,7293706.story

I May Be Wrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:04 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
That sucks about Versteeg. Last night aside, we'll need him on the ice soon to help with the offense.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
That sucks about Versteeg. Last night aside, we'll need him on the ice soon to help with the offense.
Agreed! I don't see why they don't give Matthias a chance with Weiss/Flash on the top line. I would much rather see him then Suckerelli up there!

Also, What is Bergy's injury??? He was my favorite Panther last season and I can't wait to see em back out there.

Beezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

A few key components to the 1st and 3rd lines.. Steeg, Goc and Bergy out..

Once we get them back.. We'll have 3 nice scoring lines.. Right now only one of those is in tact. Maybe we can squeak out a win tomorrow. We always suck in Ottawa. Gonna be a nice test early on..

Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann
Huberdeau, Mueller, Kovalev
Bergenheim, Goc, Kopecky (or Upshall)

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:06 AM
homegrizown

i'm pretty sure i heard guddy would prob. play thursday. and goc is definitely closer to coming back then bergy.

i think i heard goc would miss about 5 games so i would supposed he'd make his way back on the second road trip.

but this team if healthy is definitely deep in both fowards and defenseman. not greatly skilled but overall a tough team to play against.

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
A few key components to the 1st and 3rd lines.. Steeg, Goc and Bergy out..

Once we get them back.. We'll have 3 nice scoring lines.. Right now only one of those is in tact. Maybe we can squeak out a win tomorrow. We always suck in Ottawa. Gonna be a nice test early on..

Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann
Huberdeau, Mueller, Kovalev
Bergenheim, Goc, Kopecky (or Upshall)
i like upshall personally. he's way faster then kopecky. and he likes to use his body which bergy also does this will be a tough line to play against and very fast

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:54 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Agreed! I don't see why they don't give Matthias a chance with Weiss/Flash on the top line. I would much rather see him then Suckerelli up there!

Also, What is Bergy's injury??? He was my favorite Panther last season and I can't wait to see em back out there.
Pretty sure it is his groin.

George Richards‏@GeorgeRichards

Kris Versteeg not on trip for #FlaPanthers #Sens

Last edited by PBPantherfan: 01-21-2013 at 10:05 AM.
PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:02 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
It was reported that Bergenheim injured his groin in Finland. Because the injury happened in October -- and he returned to South Florida but didn't skate with his teammates -- it is believed to be much more serious than that.

The Panthers aren't commenting on Bergenheim's status because he isn't being treated by the team's medical staff. "I don't know where he is,'' Tallon said.
Quote:
David Neal ‏@DavidJNeal

#FlaPanthers Fleishmann, Weiss, Versteeg not at practice and questionable for tomorrow. Team did video, then on ice for 35 min
Quote:
Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers

The #FlaPanthers have called up 2010 1st round pick (25th overall) @qhowden21. Could possibly make NHL debut tomorrow vs Flyers.
So the entire 1st line is questionable for tomorrow. Howden is up. We don't even know where Bergenheim is. This is bad.

I May Be Wrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
So the entire 1st line is questionable for tomorrow. Howden is up. We don't even know where Bergenheim is. This is bad.
Oy vey.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:19 PM
RainingRats

where in the world is bergie?

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:37 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
<--------------------------
It's almost time...

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:55 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Someone photo-shop this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obama-milk-carton.jpg‎ (37.1 KB, 4 views)

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:58 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

or this, "where is Bergy"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waldo_pose_a_p.jpg‎ (47.9 KB, 3 views)

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
where in the world is bergie?
I heard he's training with Kilger to become a firefighter.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:39 AM
RespectYourEdlers

Any news on Versteeg?

RespectYourEdlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:51 AM
FrolikFan67

Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Goc, Bergenheim, and Gudbranson all injured. our entire 1st line, and 2/3 of our 2nd line from last season, all injured. i can smell the top-4 pick already which, as much as id rather see us be an amazing team and make the playoffs and have a legitimate shot at excelling in the playoffs, i sure wouldnt mind a top-4 pick (or top 6) in this extremely strong draft (mackinnon, jones, barkov, drouin, monahan, lindholm, shinkaruk). theres 6 amazing forwards in the top 9, 4 of which are centers, w/ 1 of the 2 wingers having potential to be a center if needed (similar to huberdeau). we got flash and versteeg under contract, along with huberdeau and bjugstad. adding a mackinnon, barkov, drouin, monahan, lindholm, or even shinkaruk would definitely soften the blow if we finished poorly. at least this play is to be pretty much expected with all these injuries, id be pissed if we played like this with a completely healthy lineup.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Boooooth10

inb4 this thread goes to 10 pages before the month ends

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:22 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

I wonder if Flash's blood issues have anything to do with his questionable status? Otherwise it must be a fairly deep cut to possibly keep him from playing. Only other thing I can think of is Dineen is pulling a "Belichick" and keeping the Flyers guessing about who's playing. Unlikely.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I wonder if Flash's blood issues have anything to do with his questionable status? Otherwise it must be a fairly deep cut to possibly keep him from playing. Only other thing I can think of is Dineen is pulling a "Belichick" and keeping the Flyers guessing about who's playing. Unlikely.
I think it was GR that said Flash was possibly stepped on by a skate. That's why he was all cut up.

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Goc, Bergenheim, and Gudbranson all injured. our entire 1st line, and 2/3 of our 2nd line from last season, all injured. i can smell the top-4 pick already which, as much as id rather see us be an amazing team and make the playoffs and have a legitimate shot at excelling in the playoffs, i sure wouldnt mind a top-4 pick (or top 6) in this extremely strong draft (mackinnon, jones, barkov, drouin, monahan, lindholm, shinkaruk). theres 6 amazing forwards in the top 9, 4 of which are centers, w/ 1 of the 2 wingers having potential to be a center if needed (similar to huberdeau). we got flash and versteeg under contract, along with huberdeau and bjugstad. adding a mackinnon, barkov, drouin, monahan, lindholm, or even shinkaruk would definitely soften the blow if we finished poorly. at least this play is to be pretty much expected with all these injuries, id be pissed if we played like this with a completely healthy lineup.
I totally agree with this. Yes we want to win, I mean try to win as much as we can but if we end up with another blue chip prospect because of our struggles I'm fine with that. Maybe Dale can pull some more magic and end up with an extra first round pick like in 2010. That...would...be...awesome. Imagine our prospect pool then, even with Huberdeau graduating.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 01-26-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:19 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Are we gonna run the risk of burning any first year of entry levels if we dont get some regulars back?

This will be Shore's 3rd game tonight and Howden's first. I think it's 5 games played this year and they burn the first year of their entry level contract.

Anybody know for certain? What are our line combos for tonights game?

I say give Matthias, Skille and Kopecky 1st or 2nd line as they've been showing the most effort. Is Dineen going back to Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev as a potential line?

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Are we gonna run the risk of burning any first year of entry levels if we dont get some regulars back?

This will be Shore's 3rd game tonight and Howden's first. I think it's 5 games played this year and they burn the first year of their entry level contract.

I say give Matthias, Skille and Kopecky 1st or 2nd line as they've been showing the most effort. Is Dineen going back to Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev as a potential line?
Shore and Howden are already playing pro hockey in the AHL which counts as a year of their contract. The only player who could go down without burning a year of his contract is Huberdeau as he would have to go back the QMJHL,

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post

Shore and Howden are already in the pros so this will be Year 1 for them regardless. If they were in junior it would be different.

Huby-Mueller-Kovalev is a horrible line. They don't play much defense, that's why Dineen replaced Kovy with Kopecky. Huby and Mueller are starting to play more D but it's still not a good combo.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Many thanks for the on the issue. Maybe Dineen is being coy about the injury to Flash and Steeger? I'm a little how Howden will do in his first game.

We have two days off after tonight so hopefully the top line along with Goc and Guddy are ready for the Bolts and Jets next week.

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote