HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller

Old
02-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
This is getting a lot of love for some reason, but I disagree. You don't break up a good line to fix a bad line, and in this case you're doing it twice, since the DD line is now getting hot.
The DD line got ''hot'' with Eller on it.
The Gally line is hot. But Prust is not contributing to that, he contributes to them not getting their ass kicked.

Edit for the nancys out there: Prust brings good energy, puck retrieval, toughness, defensive awareness, average offensive instinct to this line. But some other players on this team would be much better fit on this line.

Last edited by Mrb1p: 02-05-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:19 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The Gally line is hot. But Prust is not contributing to that, he contributes to them not getting their ass kicked.
People need to stop assuming Prust does absolutely nothing on that line.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
wow so much fail in this.

did you even see gally's first nhl goal? do you even see prust out there? he actually plays WELL, better skills then i ever thought he had.

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

did you even see gally's first nhl goal? do you even see prust out there? he actually plays WELL, better skills then i ever thought he had.
It's crazy the number of times that he went in alone, dumped the puck and got it back himself only to pass it back to one of the young guys. He's definitely not a token tough guy...

Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
It's crazy the number of times that he went in alone, dumped the puck and got it back himself only to pass it back to one of the young guys. He's definitely not a token tough guy...
In the last two games he has started to fall a little behind the Gallys, but that only tells you how good the Gallys have been, and that's why I wouldn't mind seeing them take more shifts with another skill guy.

But Prust is no plug, he looks much better on that line than I expected. He's a very solid utility guy, even more so than Moen.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:54 AM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Honestly, imo inconsistency is Eller's middle name. He's always done this where he doesn't get a point for 5 games then gets a handful in a row, never this bad out of the gate though. Therrien was right about him not giving a full effort, and I was happy to see him get 3 pts last game. Hopefully it continues...

btw to anyone who says Prust is doing nothing on his line, you need to actually watch the games.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
People need to stop assuming Prust does absolutely nothing on that line.
Wait, you didnt read that good.
Or understood it good...
Prust is way behind on most of the plays. I love him too, but he doesnt have(as good as he his) the offensive skill to keep up with the kids.

It's in no way a knock on Prust, the gallys are too good.

Quote:

Where did I say he didnt play good ? People needs to stop putting words in other peoples mouth...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:05 AM
LaTenderness

Quote:

Oh ya i saw that it was crazy he gave the puck a flick towards the net. What a playmaker.

Prust has played well but he's ruined at least as many chances as he's contributed to. I'd love to see Lars with the kids the passing would be insane.

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I know galchenyuk progress quickly, but I really really doubt he will displace one of Plek or DD next year. Maybe by the end of the year, but my guess would be in 2-3 years.
If it takes Galchenyuk 2-3 years to displace one of the top 2 centers, then trade Eller now while he has value, or convert him full time into a 3rd line winger.

Buy low, sell high.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote