HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/4/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

Old
12-04-2014, 07:01 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

vCash: 500
12/4/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

Old
12-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Damifino

Pride is a wonderful terrible thing. What the boys do tonite matters.

Damifino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 07:10 AM
angelsil
On Thin Ice

We can't lose twice in a row to Buffalo. We're not Montreal.

angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Glide5
HFB Partner

So... Crackpot conspiracy theory time! Maybe Montreal, Boston, Tampa and Detroit all have a plan to let Buffalo win some games to help keep MacDavid out of the division? IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Seriously, though, I expect the boys to be flying tonight. They sounded embarrassed by the last game. Also, we wont be nationally televised, so they always play better haha.

On a side note, I had no idea that the Panthers were playing so well. They a really starting to come one now. Hopefully someone in the Metro division will do the same so they can challenge the Rangers for that last spot. No one in that division looks great besides the top 2 right now.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
I am expecting this to be a blowout. I won't say for which team but I think we all know to whom I refer.

Go Lightning

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 07:52 AM
IdealisticSniper

First game against Buffalo we all chalked up to back to back, nationally televised, Nabokov, on the road.

Well none of those apply tonight. We are the top team in the league, at home, rested, with Bishop in net. I will be extremely disappointed if we don't come away with 2 points and convincingly tonight.

On a side note, if we win tonight and on saturday(another must win), is there another team in position and schedule wise that could beat us to 40 points?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Lightningfan24
Is it October Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
First game against Buffalo we all chalked up to back to back, nationally televised, Nabokov, on the road.

Well none of those apply tonight. We are the top team in the league, at home, rested, with Bishop in net. I will be extremely disappointed if we don't come away with 2 points and convincingly tonight.

On a side note, if we win tonight and on saturday(another must win), is there another team in position and schedule wise that could beat us to 40 points?
Yes, Islanders, Pittsburgh, and Montreal. All have 36 points with 2 games by Saturday. Anaheim has 37 points, but they only have one game by Saturday, and a 2nd one on Sunday.

12-04-2014, 08:09 AM
angelsil
On Thin Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningfan24 View Post
Yes, Islanders, Pittsburgh, and Montreal. All have 36 points with 2 games by Saturday. Anaheim has 37 points, but they only have one game by Saturday, and a 2nd one on Sunday.
I suppose Montreal does have to win a game at some point. They've lost 4 of their last 5. Booze supplies in my house have taken a significant hit.

angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 08:59 AM
DFC

I think we make a statement tonight. We were embarrassed last game. This might be the first time I've predicted a win for us, and I think we're going to dominate.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:12 AM
JS91

I'm really expecting a huge step-up game from the guys. I'll call 7-1 for the Bolts.

JS91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
Do not be an embarrassing outing please.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:15 AM
HoseEmUp

Hopefully we win this one

HoseEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Houdas
Mining the Lightning

Scenario of them loosing this one, while watching, would make me pretty angry as I am going to write an exam tomorrow so the win might be only good thing to happen to me tomorrow

Houdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Easy win!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Brie
bearer of bad news

I hope that they will come out and play like they did against the Wild after losing the two previous games but with this team who knows, I want a better effort though.

Some line changes and looks like maybe Brown is out again.

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Quote:
#tblightning lines:
Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Paquette-Filppula-Connolly
Drouin-Boyle-Morrow

Brie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:29 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

As per EE our forward lines will be:

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Boyle-Morrow

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Boyle-Morrow
Coop...

*sigh* Paquette fits on the fourth line. Killorn does not fit on the top line. I really hate his line up moves sometimes.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Brie
bearer of bad news

Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

Quote:
#tblightning Cooper said Drouin is a player who needs the puck. Guys like @Minimo1zero and @BriBrows22 can get it for him
I guess we'll see if this works or not.

Brie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 11:42 AM
DFC

Quote:

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Boyle-Morrow
Sometimes it feels like Coop simply refuses to make obvious choices.

Yzerman said last year that he didn't want Drouin playing 8 minutes per night. Well...

Old
12-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Lightningfan24
Is it October Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie View Post
I hope that they will come out and play like they did against the Wild after losing the two previous games but with this team who knows, I want a better effort though.

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
I think the Wild and Ottawa games, and the first Rangers game were some of our best games. Basically did not give up too many goals, and we scored enough to win. Wild game could of been better if we scored another or two, but still was a good game for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower of Yzlam View Post
Coop...

*sigh* Paquette fits on the fourth line. Killorn does not fit on the top line. I really hate his line up moves sometimes.
If the top line does not score tonight or does not look good, they need to move Killorn off there. I would even go with Flip back up there for the time being. It's frustrating because we have 2/3rds of a top line that are locked but cannot get that LW spot locked.

Do we really lack that much in LW depth?

Lightningfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 11:59 AM
DFC

Quote:
I think the Wild and Ottawa games, and the first Rangers game were some of our best games. Basically did not give up too many goals, and we scored enough to win. Wild game could of been better if we scored another or two, but still was a good game for us.

If the top line does not score tonight or does not look good, they need to move Killorn off there. I would even go with Flip back up there for the time being. It's frustrating because we have 2/3rds of a top line that are locked but cannot get that LW spot locked.

Do we really lack that much in LW depth?
With Namestnikov back in the A I think Flip is going to be a fixture as our 3C. Our other option is Paquette, but Flip gives us far more depth. And Flip/Stamkos looked bad on a lot more nights than they looked good.

I wouldn't mind a complete shakeup of the first line at this point. Let Cally play with Flip again, which we've seen work well (better than Stamkos/Cally, which is decent), and give Stamkos a new pair of wingers. Or go with the Drouin/Stamkos/Callahan line that seems like such an obvious move that there's no way Cooper will make it. The only thing that should be set in stone right now is the Triplets. No other line has been able to maintain any sort of consistency.

Old
12-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Stamverine
ʕ ͡ᴥ ͡ ʔ

vCash: 400
Callahan is bae

Stamverine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Lightningfan24
Is it October Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
With Namestnikov back in the A I think Flip is going to be a fixture as our 3C. Our other option is Paquette, but Flip gives us far more depth. And Flip/Stamkos looked bad on a lot more nights than they looked good.

I wouldn't mind a complete shakeup of the first line at this point. Let Cally play with Flip again, which we've seen work well (better than Stamkos/Cally, which is decent), and give Stamkos a new pair of wingers. Or go with the Drouin/Stamkos/Callahan line that seems like such an obvious move that there's no way Cooper will make it. The only thing that should be set in stone right now is the Triplets. No other line has done anything special so far.
I think Stamkos and Cally have been much better than decent. They are finding each other and making excellent plays that have been showing up on the score-sheet. When the triplets line went a little cold that line was making the difference. Think having different LW over that span has held them back a little to finding a real trio chemistry. I do agree about Flip, it gives us much better depth with him at center. Coop needs to at least try Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan and see where that goes. But he has made it clear that Drouin is not getting top mins just yet.

Lightningfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Danger In DZone

Quote:

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Boyle-Morrow
God, I hope that's a typo...

Danger In DZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2014, 12:16 PM
DFC

Quote:
I think Stamkos and Cally have been much better than decent. They are finding each other and making excellent plays that have been showing up on the score-sheet. When the triplets line went a little cold that line was making the difference. Think having different LW over that span has held them back a little to finding a real trio chemistry. I do agree about Flip, it gives us much better depth with him at center. Coop needs to at least try Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan and see where that goes. But he has made it clear that Drouin is not getting top mins just yet.
This is Coop's M.O. with young players. It generally takes an injury for them to get premium scoring roles. That was the case with every member of the Triplet line. The guys who seem to get gifted time are guys like Killorn, for whatever reason.

The reason why I say the Stammer/Callahan combo hasn't been anything special yet is because they haven't found any consistency. Far too many of Stamkos's points are still coming on the PP. It's not hurting us because the Triplet line is so strong right now, but there's no doubt that we're a better team when Stamkos is going strong. He and Callahan have been okay together, but I don't think they should be set in stone just yet. I do think Callahan is our optimal #1RW, but not if we don't have a puck distributor playing LW on the line.

Killorn/Stamkos/Callahan has probably been our best Stamkos-centered line of the year. So I don't mind giving it a few more games. But at some point we're going to need Stamkos to play consistently like Steven Stamkos, which means he needs someone (probably Drouin, whenever Coop lets him off the leash) who can really distribute the puck at top speed.