HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Super Bowl XLVII | San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens | NOLA

Old
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

vCash: 500
Too many mistakes put them in a hole. They were incredible in the 2nd half. I hope this motivates them and they run roughshod next year. Kaep is a monster.

I will admit..that holding at the end of the game is a bitter pill to swallow. Not to mention Boldin's facemask that kept a drive alive. Now we get to hear about Ray Lewis the rest of the offseason. He was a ghost today except whenever he was trying to cover VD.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Easy to say "they made too many mistakes", but that was illegal contact or holding, take your pick, on 4th and goal. As a ref, You HAVE to make that call. They need to be held accountable for that play and the offsides by Ed Reed on the 2-pt conversion.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Sandisfan

The First Play Penalty

That penalty on the first play that was probably called a couple of days ago changed the start of the game and made a big difference. It would have put the Ravens on their heels right at the start of the game. You can't lineup in an illegal formation on the first play!!!!!!!

Sandisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Easy to say "they made too many mistakes", but that was illegal contact or holding, take your pick, on 4th and goal. As a ref, You HAVE to make that call. They need to be held accountable for that play and the offsides by Ed Reed on the 2-pt conversion.
I guess Ray Lewis was right, God was with the Ravens and not the Niners. I ****ing hate that guy so much right now.

wtfisthis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
I agree but they didn't. Now we know how Seahawks fans feel after their superbowl appearance. That kickoff return really proved costly.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

I didn't expect this much this year or to win this game. I'm happy as a Niner fan and Kap is the real deal.

That said, I can't ****ing stand it when the ref's **** up a game in any sport and when it counted most they ****ed up as bad as they had all game and it killed the 9ers chances.

Did the Niners make enough mistakes on their own to lose this game. Of course. That's not the point. They also did enough to come back and with 4 downs should have pulled it off. I would have called a couple different plays on those last 4 downs. Doesn't mean they didn't get screwed.

To say they hurt themselves and didn't deserve to win is insane considering they got themselves back in the game in the red zone with a chance to win.

Thereís a lot of things wrong with this country, but one of the few things still right with it is that a man can steer clear of the organized ******** if he really wants to. Itís a goddamned luxury, and if I were you, Iíd take advantage of it while you can.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:10 PM
SonomaShark
@SharkInfestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
I agree but they didn't. Now we know how Seahawks fans feel after their superbowl appearance. That kickoff return really proved costly.
I still think the Steelers bought off the refs in that Super Bowl

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:10 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisfan View Post
That penalty on the first play that was probably called a couple of days ago changed the start of the game and made a big difference. It would have put the Ravens on their heels right at the start of the game. You can't lineup in an illegal formation on the first play!!!!!!!
But we still had three downs. For me, the play calling just seemed really passive for a while after that penalty. Didn't get off to a good start either in this game or the NFC Championship game, and it cost us this time.

drunksage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:11 PM
SonomaShark
@SharkInfestation

Quote:
Holding or not, it was an uncatchable ball. Watch the replay.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I didn't expect this much this year or to win this game. I'm happy as a Niner fan and Kap is the real deal.

That said, I can't ****ing stand it when the ref's **** up a game in any sport and when it counted most they ****ed up as bad as they had all game and it killed the 9ers chances.

Did the Niners make enough mistakes on their own to lose this game. Of course. That's not the point. They also did enough to come back and with 4 downs should have pulled it off. I would have called a couple different plays on those last 4 downs. Doesn't mean they didn't get screwed.

To say they hurt themselves and didn't deserve to win is insane considering they got themselves back in the game in the red zone with a chance to win.
The play calling was very bad. Gore and Kaep were gashing that old, slow D. Should have kept it on the ground.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:12 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

4th consecutive year that the team that played the eagles at their home opener in Philly has won the Super Bowl

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:12 PM
SonomaShark
@SharkInfestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
But we still had three downs. For me, the play calling just seemed really passive for a while after that penalty. Didn't get off to a good start either in this game or the NFC Championship game, and it cost us this time.
NFC West will be a brutal division next season. Seahawks, 49ers, Rams, and even Arizona could be good if they find a QB.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
rangerssharks414

Sorry, Niners fans. You guys made the game really interesting at the end. I thought it was over after the kick return.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaShark View Post
That only matters on pass interference. Contact beyond 5 yards is illegal contact and holding before the ball is thrown is defensive holding. The refs had their choice of calls and CHOSE to call neither. Read the rules.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

That holding no-call was brutal, but how do you not run Kap even one time when you're 2nd and goal?!? That's inexcusable.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:14 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Those 3 downs at the end there were straight up terrible. I mean, what the hell were they thinking with those plays? That was the game on the line and those are the plays they went with and not a single run?

wtfisthis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
4th consecutive year that the team that played the eagles at their home opener in Philly has won the Super Bowl
Now that is a statistic not many knew about...

209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaShark View Post
So was the pass to Torrey Smith that Culliver was called on. It was behind him.

Old
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
They blew it. No guarantee they'll get back next year. Seattle will be scary. Atlanta might get over the hump. They almost beat the 49ers this year. GB will still be there. The Giants if they make the playoffs would be dangerous. I'm upset.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
That holding no-call was brutal, but how do you not run Kap even one time when you're 2nd and goal?!? That's inexcusable.
yup. the playcalling was far more brutal than the no-call.

Crafton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Clowe Me

You never know when you'll get back. It has been 18 years since their last appearance. It's one thing to get beaten decidedly, it's another to have the refs make an impact.

Old
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 662
Jerome Booger (And yes that was an intentional typo) can go suck it.

I'm disappointed with the result, but I'm really not Angry or ready to curse up a storm. The 49ers looked lackadaisical in the first half, made a good effort in the second half, and had some questionable play calling (Like losing the two timeouts early) that cost them the game, other then the play I will get to in a minute. Good job from the Ravens to win that game and they deserve it.

Now, on to the play and what I am upset about. Yeah anyone can come and complain about the officiating and that happens again and again. My question is were the refs out to call everything against the 49ers? While yeah some of the penalties the 49ers made were obvious, there were called ignored on the Baltimore end and made me think Booger wanted to see Lewis win one for his retirement. That call at the end with all the clutching and grabbing on Crabtree was holding, and in the rule book you have to go it if it's obvious enough. If it isn't, than yeah I can understand not calling it in that situation, but HE WAS HOLDING THE JERSEY. To make matters worse, the 49ers were called on this play a few minutes earlier.

And whose decision was it to have Booger as official. Where the heck was Ed Hoculi, or Mike Carey, or any one of the actual good officials in football. Why did we have to get this annoying ***** of an official, which seems to do a lot of 49er games by the way.

Also, I like Jim Nantz, and I think he and Simms do a good job for the most part, but Phil Simms is a ****ing flipfloper and won't ever admit to being wrong. take for example Jim Harbaugh's challenge. Before the break he said "I disagree with this, as he might lose a time out". After the break when Harbaugh had won he said, "Great challenge". Yeah Phil. It was ****ing great because they won it. Why don't you actually stick to your ****ing opinion sir. If Simms ever retires, I hope they get someone who is competent to join Nantz, like Dan Fouts, who works with Ian Eagle and I like that team. By the end of the game, I was so tired of Simm's act that I almost felt like turning off the TV before the ceremony.

Anyway, so yeah I'm more angry about some of the calls and Phil Simms rather than the result. It was a good season and the 49ers have a good young team gaining experience. Now that football is over we can look forward to Baseball, Basketball, and of course Hockey.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
They blew it. No guarantee they'll get back next year. Seattle will be scary. Atlanta might get over the hump. They almost beat the 49ers this year. GB will still be there. The Giants if they make the playoffs would be dangerous. I'm upset.
The 49ers have to shore up the secondary and find a better NT that can provide a little push.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
do0glas

They rolled kap out once and they read it easily, though I think gore could've broken through personally.

do0glas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
The 49ers have to shore up the secondary and find a better NT that can provide a little push.
i'd cut off one of Culliver's fingers to send a message.

Crafton is online now   Reply With Quote