HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

Old
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
sens83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
Anything is better than watching Greening carry the puck in and try to set up with Neil and Regin.
You sure about that?...

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
that's what people said when zib was put on that line. he did ok there, so i'm not concerned.
Zibanejad and Da Costa play two completely different games.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Huh?

Doesn't look right.
MacLean never gives rookies big minutes. He was never going to play on the first line.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Zibanejad and Da Costa play two completely different games.
sure, but it's not like he's playing with colton orr and mike brown.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:47 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Guys, Da Costa is French with Portuguese ancestry (hence his Portuguese last name). Bosta in portuguese means "pile of turds". Google Bosta in Google Image and you'll see. So yeah, it's a bit insulting to him

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Guys, Da Costa is French with Portuguese ancestry (hence his Portuguese last name). Bosta in portuguese means "pile of turds". Google Bosta in Google Image and you'll see. So yeah, it's a bit insulting to him
Well that stinks and not a laughing matter

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
MacLean never gives rookies big minutes. He was never going to play on the first line.
Greening and Cowen were given pretty significant roles last year. Even Da Costa was getting legit 2nd line minutes at one time. If he looks like he belongs, I'm sure Maclean will try it.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

DaCosta will get a chance with Silfv and Michalek if Smith falters which he will.

I gotta say, Smith has been biggest disappointment for me so far.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:44 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
DaCosta will get a chance with Silfv and Michalek if Smith falters which he will.

I gotta say, Smith has been biggest disappointment for me so far.
Smith has played his role really well. We'd be pretty screwed without his 56.3% faceoff win rate and Spezza out. His shooting percentage won't stay at 0 either. Goals will come for him.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:47 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Smith has played his role really well. We'd be pretty screwed without his 56.3% faceoff win rate and Spezza out. His shooting percentage won't stay at 0 either. Goals will come for him.
I'm talking more about his horrendous decision-making. He gives up on plays muchh more easily than last year. He has no motivation or whatever it may be. He'd give up the puck then he would just watch the player who stole it skate by him.

A couple games ago, we had a chance at a 3ON2 on an EMPTY NET and he gave it away which literally led to a scoring chance when we were up by one. TWICE in the same shift.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:56 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
He's still a teletubbie.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
I should have just taken your word on this.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:33 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I'm talking more about his horrendous decision-making. He gives up on plays muchh more easily than last year. He has no motivation or whatever it may be. He'd give up the puck then he would just watch the player who stole it skate by him.

A couple games ago, we had a chance at a 3ON2 on an EMPTY NET and he gave it away which literally led to a scoring chance when we were up by one. TWICE in the same shift.
This is exactly the impression I get from watching him. Does not seem to have his head in the game aside from when taking faceoffs. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it actually.

Even more surprising is that MacLean is even entertaining the idea of trying him in the top-6. Is he not watching the same game?

L'Aveuglette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:29 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
This is exactly the impression I get from watching him. Does not seem to have his head in the game aside from when taking faceoffs. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it actually.

Even more surprising is that MacLean is even entertaining the idea of trying him in the top-6. Is he not watching the same game?
Well, I commented on it when he was doing the exact same thing from "Feb-to-the-playoffs" last year, said his game was balls-awful since New Years, but I got shot down every time.

Smith hasn't been good since LAST December. It's been a calendar year. People need to start considering that there is at least a small possibility that the Smith we're seeing now is the real Smith, and the one we saw from Sept-Dec last year was the anomaly.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
i did the math. his pace this year is higher than last year. over an 82 game season (they don't have 82 game seasons in the ahl, just using that number) he is on pace for six more points. while not a huge improvement, he was injured to start the year, then when he returned, he played with talent. that stint with talent wasn't long lived, as silf was called up, then zibby, and then stone and hoffman got injured. for the last few games his line has been schneider - dacosta - prince. essentially he's playing with second/third line players.
You may want to check your math

2011/12 - 36/46 = .78/g
2012/13 - 24/31 = .77/g

That said, he did start very slow and came back much better after the injury.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Teletubbie...

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
You may want to check your math

2011/12 - 36/46 = .78/g
2012/13 - 24/31 = .77/g

That said, he did start very slow and came back much better after the injury.
i used the stats he gave me which, after checking, are wrong.

bingo has played nine games since nhl training camps started (i think). in those last nine games, da costa has put up eight points. in fact, he has 23 points in his last 26 games. prior to that he had one point in five games, so yes, da costa has been good since coming back from injury.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Regardless of his linemates at ES, I would think Da Costa will get a look on our 2nd PP unit. Using our depth guys on the PP has caught up to us as they have been having a lot of trouble gaining the zone and handling the PK pressure to establish possession. Da Costa would help quite a bit with that and can easily help QB the 2nd PP unit. It is one of his strengths.

At forward, other than Alfie and Turris, we really don't have a strong puck handler to gain the zone. Silf and Michalek are ok, but Da Costa definitely fits into that mold.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:41 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Bosta? Why aren't you looking at Costa instead of acting like a turd.

Da Costa

Last name origin & meaning:

Portuguese, Galician, Italian, and Jewish (Sephardic): variant of the topographic name Costa, denoting someone who lived on a slope or river bank or on the sea coast, with the addition of the preposition da ‘from (the)’, ‘of (the)’.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Bosta? Why aren't you looking at Costa instead of acting like a turd.

Da Costa

Last name origin & meaning:

Portuguese, Galician, Italian, and Jewish (Sephardic): variant of the topographic name Costa, denoting someone who lived on a slope or river bank or on the sea coast, with the addition of the preposition da ‘from (the)’, ‘of (the)’.
People on this forum were giving him the nick name da Boss-ta, not realizing the meaning in Portuguese. he was trying to give us*the heads up that it may not be as flattering as some here thought.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
People on this forum were giving him the nick name da Boss-ta, not realizing the meaning in Portuguese. he was trying to give us*the heads up that it may not be as flattering as some here thought.
Than I'm the Boss-ta

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Savannah Skunk

Bump.

Despite last night's loss, Da Costa was an offensive force to be reckoned with. He carried the puck up the ice, creatively entered the Penguins zone, set up good goal scoring opportunities, quickly got back to defend... he even scored. I really like the way he carried much of the offense. Every time his line was on the ice, I felt there was a chance we might score.

He might be small, but he plays tough and take a hit. He might be one of the best diamonds in the rough we have. This might be the year he proves himself.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
PensFan6687

I been catching a lot of Sens games, and while you may not like my team, I love yours right now. I think this kid is going to be an NHL star. I felt he was the most dangerous looking forward on the ice between both teams (Pens and Sens)... Even if the scoresheet didn't reflect it. He was everywhere and there were 2 or 3 points he could have had, especially when he made that slick pass to Alfredsson and he rung the bar. I was like, ahhhh! Kid is so fast... and so good at finding those open pockets. He just reads the game so well.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
source

He needs to play with Alfredsson and Michalek.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:47 PM
starling

Without Spezza he has by far the softest set of hands on the team.
Looking forward to see more of him.

starling is online now   Reply With Quote