HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is anything possible with Carey Price in net?

Old
02-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
I haven't been that impressed by Price like others have been by him this year. A lot of time he has seemed shaky, a lot on knees for some reason. I don't like his new style of always been on the ground.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Of course, but I find it much more likely we see Price continue at a good clip than markov.

Not what I meant. I meant he doesn't play flashy like Tim Thomas. Always cool and collected so people forget how good he is. He makes it look very easy.

I bet whole team, including markov benefits from Price back there because they feel more at ease to take risks when he's that solid behind them.

At end of the day, it's not to discredit Markov. I just personally feel Price is more important to our success.
talking about Price or Markov here ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:54 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'd say neither are flashy, however it's easier for casual and even moderately serious fans to recognize good passes than it is to recognize good saves, let alone good stickwork.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:01 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
In 2004 the hurricanes finished 11th in the conference. the next season(2006) they were champs.

With a goalie like Carey Price and everyone healthy..are we a darkhorse for the cup if we do get into the playoffs?
No, there are still pieces missing.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
*deep sigh*

I'm not saying that Price isn't one of the five goalies I'd most want to have, or that he lacks potential. We in the Montreal fanbase know what he has.

I'm talking about how he's regarded. For example Vancouver 2010 (yes I know it was in Vancouver and not in Sochi, it was a Freudian slip you twit) was a selection; it's a reflection of how he was regarded at the time. If he's selected for Team Canahda next year, then that will be a reflection of how he's regarded at that time. Alternatively, you can look up how many Vezinas he's been nominated for and won to see how he's regarded.

Like I said before:

before being considered elite he needs a couple of really dominant seasons under his belt, and they have to be consecutive. Once he wins the Vezina, or gets nominated a couple times in a row, he'll be in everyone's top-3 or top-5 at worst.
This excuse is not good anymore... He's on his way to his third consecutive season being our best player and being more dominant than a HUGE majority of the other goalies.
Please tell me, how many bad games did you count last year what about the one he stole the past two seasons.

Recognition in a biased NHL isn't really what I'm worried about.

Most of the people who vote for the awards don't know much and go by the stats(I.E. Thomas winning the Vezina in 2011 because he had record numbers on one of the most stacked team I have seen in years.

Like I said about Vancouver Halak was coming off his best playoff run in years and Carey was 21 when is the last time a 21 years old made it to the Olympics on the Canadian team? Even on the American, Finn, Swede teams ?

Oh and I suggest you look up what is a Freudian-slip, you twit.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I haven't been that impressed by Price like others have been by him this year. A lot of time he has seemed shaky, a lot on knees for some reason. I don't like his new style of always been on the ground.
The butterfly style?

He's a big goalie. When he is on his knees his shoulder is almost cross-bar height. Play the percentages down low, cover the entirety of the net and if anyone tries to shoot over his shoulder, it's covered. His new style is very effective. He's a lot more aggressive with his stick too which makes shooters a bit more wary coming in on him.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Touché !

Still, you know what I meant.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:16 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
This excuse is not good anymore... He's on his way to his third consecutive season being our best player and being more dominant than a HUGE majority of the other goalies.
Please tell me, how many bad games did you count last year what about the one he stole the past two seasons.

Recognition in a biased NHL isn't really what I'm worried about.

Most of the people who vote for the awards don't know much and go by the stats(I.E. Thomas winning the Vezina in 2011 because he had record numbers on one of the most stacked team I have seen in years.

Like I said about Vancouver Halak was coming off his best playoff run in years and Carey was 21 when is the last time a 21 years old made it to the Olympics on the Canadian team? Even on the American, Finn, Swede teams ?

Oh and I suggest you look up what is a Freudian-slip, you twit.
Recognition is what *I* was talking about, hence why I used the word "considered". Can you tell that they're related?

I know what a Freudian slip is, but let me post the definition for you:

A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of some unconscious ("dynamically repressed") subdued wish, conflict, or train of thought guided by the super-ego and the rules of correct behaviour. They reveal a "source outside the speech". The concept is thus part of classical psychoanalysis.

I said Sochi... because I was thinking about Sochi

I'm actually sad for you that this needs to be explained. It should be obvious to you that if someone writes "Sochi 2010" they meant "Vancouver 2010" and had Sochi in the back of their minds.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Recognition is what *I* was talking about, hence why I used the word "considered". Can you tell that they're related?

I know what a Freudian slip is, but let me post the definition for you:

A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of some unconscious ("dynamically repressed") subdued wish, conflict, or train of thought guided by the super-ego and the rules of correct behaviour. They reveal a "source outside the speech". The concept is thus part of classical psychoanalysis.

I said Sochi... because I was thinking about Sochi

I'm actually sad for you that this needs to be explained. It should be obvious to you that if someone writes "Sochi 2010" they meant "Vancouver 2010" and had Sochi in the back of their minds.

Know why I'm sad for you? Because you post the correct definition, yet you don't retract what you are saying, because you don't understand what is said in the definition(wichis fine because you probably don't know much about psychoanalysis.)

All in all, this wasn't a Freudian-slip it was just a common mess-up of the word.
You can't know what you're thinking about with a freudian-slip. Or maybe you have some weird fantasy about sochi .
What ever, this is OT. Just stop attacking people when you don't have the knowledge to back it up .

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Know why I'm sad for you? Because you post the correct definition, yet you don't retract what you are saying, because you don't understand what is said in the definition(wichis fine because you probably don't know much about psychoanalysis.)

All in all, this wasn't a Freudian-slip it was just a common mess-up of the word.
You can't know what you're thinking about with a freudian-slip. Or maybe you have some weird fantasy about sochi .
What ever, this is OT. Just stop attacking people when you don't have the knowledge to back it up .
But i do have a fantasy about Sochi, i want price to be the star pf the tournament!

Freeudian slip does not need to be related to sex, even though that is often the case.

Anyway this is OT, now that i have educated you we can move on.

Last edited by DAChampion: 02-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.