HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hughson,Simpson,Healy

Old
05-11-2013, 08:42 AM
CabanaBoy5

vCash: 500
To even deny there is bias against the Leafs from those 3 clowns shows that you must be watching the game with the volume turned off. The total focus of any commentary they make is from a Boston perspective ie. look how awesome Boston is playing, look at the number of flaws the Leafs have. And Healy, that failed wannabe Leaf GM who still harbours bitterness against the Leafs, is the worst of the 3.

CabanaBoy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:42 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
You think it's unbiased and fair coverage for Hockey Night in Canada to show a SOLID FEW MINUTES of a Boston fan ripping into the Leafs' star player before a game?

I don't think I've ever seen Hockey Night in Canada ever show fan heckling before. But hey, I guess they bash Kessel enough that it might as well be PJ Stock in the spandex out there.
Thas is an absolutely disturbing visual.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Gutchecktime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
That guy was/is an idiot. PJ Stock also was the one in the same segment giving Gardiner props for being able to pass/skate the puck out against Lucic and Horton...

Give a little you get a little... Do I wanna see what April Reimer and Alisha Cuthbert are doing if there clothes are still on ??? Nope, but for some reason they felt the need to show that!?!?
- And in that same segment, PJ Stock went off on Phil Kessel for being too predictable.
- After the Bozak goal, they immediately excuse the Bruins for not having Wade Redden.
- When the Bruins had a flurry of chances in the third, they kept bringing up how "hot" the building was, as if it was a reason the puck was staying out.
- Constant talk of James Reimer's rebounds - ended the game as first star stopping 40 shots despite getting ripped for nearly the entire game.
- In the last five minutes, despite the Leafs escaping with a W, Healy bashed Phaneuf on three separate occasions.

And these are just the things that stand out to me.

Cole and Neale might not get names right but they've never been so negative about any of our opponents as this.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Neas Olc
Registered Abuser

As I've mentioned several times in the past, I actually go out of my way to watch the other teams' broadcast streams when it's the CBC. It's that bad, and Healy's the worst of them.

Neas Olc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Hurt

I never thought I could dislike someone this much that I haven't met but Healy is up there.

05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Gutchecktime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neas Olc View Post
As I've mentioned several times in the past, I actually go out of my way to watch the other teams' broadcast streams when it's the CBC. It's that bad, and Healy's the worst of them.
From time to time, I've actually watched the opponents' play by play guys. Not Jack Edwards but if we're playing another team I find even their commentary team is usually more unbiased.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
You guys are whining over nothing...

Listening to Edwards do a Bruins game or Hughson do a Canucks game is sickening!

I'm on night shift and haven't been able to watch a lot of the games but I don't think there is a Bruins bias. You guys are just use to Bob Cole ball washing the Leafs for 3 decades on Sat nights. The feed and coverage is honest. Embrace the role as the under dog? Do you think if you pull off the upset it'll get better against Pittsburgh or Washington? The Leafs have some good players but until they consistently make the playoffs and start winning your gunna have to listen to the announcers call it the way it is....

Healy is trash just like Mcquire I'm sure he goes on air to say the stupidest things possible. His piece on Rask being ready last night made we want to throw my tv through the wall.

Hughson though has a great radio voice and when he isn't doing Canucks games I enjoy him...
Please kindly GTFO. Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Do you even listen to Hughson call Leafs games before the playoffs? He's the most condescending denigrating commentator the Maple Leafs have ever had. You have no basis for an argument as you clearly haven't watched any leafs games before these playoffs with Simpson and Hughson.

At least you got Healy right. I honestly think Healy has been the most positive one these playoffs. I shockingly am not so upset with him. It's Simpson and Hughson who are pissing me off.

In fact I now go out of my way to watch the Boston NESN feed it's so bad. Game 4 sounded amazing with Jack Edwards calling it.

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:34 AM
notdoneyet

I love this from Hughson

AND I QUOTE

And the leafs with a surprising one goal lead

WTF was so surprising. we dominated the first half of the game.

and this little tidbit.

Reimer makes the save off an exceptional shot by bergeron.

Talking about the shot and not the save. A save of the year candidate by the way

notdoneyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
I love this from Hughson

AND I QUOTE

And the leafs with a surprising one goal lead

WTF was so surprising. we dominated the first half of the game.

and this little tidbit.

Reimer makes the save off an exceptional shot by bergeron.

Talking about the shot and not the save. A save of the year candidate by the way
Or that Seguin has no points this series but no mention that he has generally been well defended.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:45 AM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
I hope the Canucks go out in the first round.Just to **** these guys off.

And ... bingo.

To tell the truth. I don't find their comments as consistently biased as I find them uninspired. Healy is just a punk who thinks he is being profound when in fact he is being cynical. I feel as Hurt does on Healy. Seems a distasteful guy at best.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:48 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 265
Hughson is a punk.

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Volcanologist
Used Register

I think CBC has heard so many times that they're biased in favour of the leafs that they've overcorrected.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Hughson is a punk.
Healy and Hughson are both just brutal.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

Game starts

Healy is talking all bruins, even with leafs dominating

Leafs still dominating

Leafs score! Healy shuts up

Bruins start to pour it on now, in comes Healy talking all bruins.

This guy is an absolute clown, a joke, a horrible broadcast/play-by-play man hate we you wanna call him, respect for one team only in this series(bruins) and has not talked about the bad luck/shutdown on seguin/how good Reimer has been/how much more defensive Kessel has been. Etc.

Felstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Egoclapper

Hughson, Simpson and Healey have a Leafs slight on everything they say. MacArthur scores a nice goal. Boston didn't expect MacArthur to have that in his repertoire..

Marchand just gooning it up, Healey talking about him getting a penalty, Hughson and Simpson get all excited and say "Who Lupul?".

Isn't Bob Cole a Habs fan? He calls a great Leafs game. It's nice that for the highlights they use the radio commentary , what a call on JVR's goal. Love it. "JVR JVR JVR".Even without these clowns obvious bias they provide ZERO to the game, no energy.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:00 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:

Listening to Edwards do a Bruins game or Hughson do a Canucks game is sickening!

I'm on night shift and haven't been able to watch a lot of the games but I don't think there is a Bruins bias. You guys are just use to Bob Cole ball washing the Leafs for 3 decades on Sat nights. The feed and coverage is honest. Embrace the role as the under dog? Do you think if you pull off the upset it'll get better against Pittsburgh or Washington? The Leafs have some good players but until they consistently make the playoffs and start winning your gunna have to listen to the announcers call it the way it is....

Healy is trash just like Mcquire I'm sure he goes on air to say the stupidest things possible. His piece on Rask being ready last night made we want to throw my tv through the wall.

Hughson though has a great radio voice and when he isn't doing Canucks games I enjoy him...
sorry guy but Bob Cole was, is and will always be a Canadiens fan. During his run as the #1 guy on HNiC he showed no obvious bias towards the Leafs, he called it like he saw it. In fact Cole was never disrespectful to any team in the league(although he had a mild distaste for so called "Flyer Hockey" of the mid 70's and I mean really who didn't) as far as I can remember, and I remember when he took over the job from Bill Hewitt

the problem with the Hughson crew is their obvious effort in trying not to be homers and so they think that by being critically snide and derogatory they'll appear impartial

Healey out and out is disrespectful with every mealy mouthed remark and back-handed compliment he tries to pass off as in depth analyses much like Ferraro on the TSN broadcasts

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

You realize Cole is a Habs fan right?

Healy got called out the other night by Hughson for going all childish on a Leafs bashing episode. Hughson sounded embarrassed. You know when Hughson calls out someone bashing the Leafs how wrong it is.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:44 AM
BooRadley

You guys are crying for no reason. They've been good this series so far (and I hate them as much as the next person).

BooRadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:49 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooRadley View Post
You guys are crying for no reason. They've been good this series so far (and I hate them as much as the next person).
They are like a crack in your windshield.

If you look at it it will drive you nuts.

If you ignore it in time the mind just discards it as garbage and it becomes irrelevant.

Only when Healy becomes incessant does it resurface.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:58 AM
definedMF

Simpson even said he wouldn't be drafted by the leafs, he declined when we drafted and then he went on to Pittsburgh. So hes always been a hater towards us. Hughson has some sort vendetta against us. When we were winning against Montreal 5-1 he says "Surprisingly
leafs are up, against the Canadiens. Healy is a complete ignoramus, my uncle lives beside this moron, i've left a note on his door step saying "Only reason you still have a job is you inhale CBC'S ass".

definedMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Count Von Grabo*

I miss Cole badly.

Healy is without question the worst.

Simpson I don't notice to be awful.

Hughson is an overrated pbp guy, but don't dislike him as much as Healy. I don't find him as annoying as he was a few years ago, prolly cause we're a good team now. But I'd still take a lot of pbp guys over him.

If the Leafs ever played the Canucks in the finals (not happening just saying) I'd rather watch a bad quality stream of nbc on my comp.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:01 AM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooRadley View Post
Hughson has grown on me, but Glen Healy is as awful as ever.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:43 AM
mmalady

yep..they are brutal...going on and on about the ice being a factor why the bruins were struggling with the puck..the Leafs were playing on the same ice and were up 2 goals..it was sickening

mmalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
They are like a crack in your windshield.

If you look at it it will drive you nuts.

If you ignore it in time the mind just discards it as garbage and it becomes irrelevant.

Only when Healy becomes incessant does it resurface.
Until you hit a bump and it sends shockwaves of cracks through your windshield.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Cor
OT Thread Leader

vCash: 72
Mute the TV, turn on Joe Bowen on the radio.

Much better.

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote