HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

NFL Football League-Carry us through to the start of a new Devils W/O Lockout season.

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

vCash: 500
I hate having to wait all night for my team to pick at the end of the round. **** takes forever.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

How exactly do the Jets plan on scoring points this year? LOL they literally have no offense. Don't quite get the point of going all defense in the first round for them.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Major Fail by the Jets

Man I hate this team

Old
04-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Hoping the Giants take Eifert.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Hoping the Giants take Eifert.
They took Pugh. Want to get that O-line young I guess.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

IMO a horrible pick.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Pugh's a big dude with good speed, watched a good amount of him actually because of the kid I went to HS with earlier on 'Cuse

Gotta protect Eli

Old
04-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

That pick by Chicago was bad beyond words. That put a smile on my face. If Alec Ogletree or Arthur Brown falls to the Packers I will be a happy camper but we might go D-Line so who knows.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
That pick by Chicago was bad beyond words. That put a smile on my face. If Alec Ogletree or Arthur Brown falls to the Packers I will be a happy camper but we might go D-Line so who knows.
Bears with horrendous waste of 20th overall (Terrible reach)

And Long only has 3 years of college football (2 at junior college)

1st year he was DE
2nd year he was OL

Then went to a real school for a year at OL

Total joke of a pick

And he turns 25 years old in December
Flunked out of Florida State
DUI history

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-25-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Pugh's a big dude with good speed, watched a good amount of him actually because of the kid I went to HS with earlier on 'Cuse

Gotta protect Eli
i know a kid from my hs who kicks for them. the few games i watched i liked what i saw of pugh. could be a lock for years which is nice.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
i know a kid from my hs who kicks for them. the few games i watched i liked what i saw of pugh. could be a lock for years which is nice.
Plus Eli isn't getting younger and we could use some young blood up front protecting him

Old
04-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bears with horrendous waste of 20th overall (Terrible reach)

And Long only has 3 years of college football (2 at junior college)

1st year he was DE
2nd year he was OL

Then went to a real school for a year at OL

Total joke of a pick

And he turns 25 years old in December
Flunked out of Florida State
DUI history
Wow I didn't know his background was that shady. Makes it even worse. Don't know why they didn't go for Eifert or Ertz. Those guys are exactly what Cutler needs. Could have gone with Ogletree or Brown too since their linebacking depth is kind of average now with Urlacher and Roach gone. Don't know much about the 2 veterans they signed.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Tundra

This kid Patterson scored an 11 on the Wonderlic. A freak of nature certainly but...

Old
04-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Status Quo

vCash: 1776
Quote:
Woah, another Packers fan around here!

Old
04-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Plus Eli isn't getting younger and we could use some young blood up front protecting him
Yeah of course. He may even beat out Diehl.

I wish the Giants can somehow now can get Ogletree. Doubt it happens........just as I type this, he's ****ing taken.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
Woah, another Packers fan around here!

Lol yea I joined this place after the NFL season ended so I haven't made many football posts. I liked the pick we made tonight. God knows we need Defensive help and looks like Jones can be an impact player on the D-Line. I'm hoping we continue to get some D help but I wouldn't be opposed to taking Marcus Lattimore or Montee Ball in the mid rounds assuming there still there. I'm not sold on ANY of our current running backs so I hope something changes there. I was VERY disappointed when Stephen Jackson went to the Falcons. He was exactly what we needed.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Ya I don't hate the pick because the O line was a bit of a mess last year and as a whole was getting old.

I do agree the Bears pick was not great.

Also WTF with the Jets. How are they going to score points?

Old
04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Status Quo

vCash: 1776
Quote:
Lol yea I joined this place after the NFL season ended so I haven't made many football posts. I liked the pick we made tonight. God knows we need Defensive help and looks like Jones can be an impact player on the D-Line. I'm hoping we continue to get some D help but I wouldn't be opposed to taking Marcus Lattimore or Montee Ball in the mid rounds assuming there still there. I'm not sold on ANY of our current running backs so I hope something changes there. I was VERY disappointed when Stephen Jackson went to the Falcons. He was exactly what we needed.
I like the pick as well. Definitely need the depth on the D-line. I hope we can pick up either a corner or safety. I actually like our RB's surprisingly enough. I think Harris can be a good back and Starks was starting to run well before he got against Minny in December.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Team needs to get stouter at the point of attack. Obviously the injuries to Nick Perry and Desmond Bishop sucked the life out of the interior defense, but that San Francisco performance was simply unacceptable.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:59 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
How exactly do the Jets plan on scoring points this year? LOL they literally have no offense. Don't quite get the point of going all defense in the first round for them.
I mean I like the fact they picked guys from the SEC, you can't go wrong as much there. I can understand the CB especially given how gutted their secondary was (Revis/Landry/Bell all walking). I don't really understand the DT though, that's about the last thing they needed since Wilkerson is one of their 'few' sure things.

What the draft tells me is Rex is still running the show as far as picking talent and I'm not sure I like that very much. Rex didn't do **** with the draft in four years other than Wilkerson.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Who out there at their picks was going to make a notable impact on their offense/scoring potential? You can't draft a QB in the first round going with the rationale that "Sanchez sucks." You only make that move if the rationale is "______ can really play in this league." There's a big difference between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Major Fail by the Jets

Man I hate this team
Fail.... in what way exactly? Our offense was bad last year but the defense was no prize either. It was very average for much of the year, and many players from it are gone. Revis, Landry, Bell, Pouha, Devito, Scott, Thomas, Eric Smith. Believe it or not, defense was also a need with this team. Hell, you can probably make a case for almost a dozen spots that could be a need for this team. Can only fill so many of them with two first rounders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I mean I like the fact they picked guys from the SEC, you can't go wrong as much there. I can understand the CB especially given how gutted their secondary was (Revis/Landry/Bell all walking). I don't really understand the DT though, that's about the last thing they needed since Wilkerson is one of their 'few' sure things.

What the draft tells me is Rex is still running the show as far as picking talent and I'm not sure I like that very much. Rex didn't do **** with the draft in four years other than Wilkerson.
It shows Idzik isn't going to throw away the idea of good defensive building blocks in favor of reaching on offensive talent they're not sold on. Just because they take defensive players doesn't mean its all Rex's doing here. It shows they know that they sucked on D last year and had a lot of turnover this year. They lost their All-Pro corner so they draft a corner to replace him. I'm not content with Kyle Wilson being our best shot at cornerback if Cromartie gets hurt. Or even just being our #2 corner. For years we've been hearing how we want to pressure the QB, which all starts with the defensive line, which is what was addressed with the second pick. I'm not seeing the problem.

I also think that people are forgetting that just because the Jets were a 3-4 team the last few years doesn't mean they're only going to be a 3-4 team this year. They're probably going to be a lot more 4-3 than 3-4. They don't have 2 ILB worth playing the majority of the time. But they do have the personnel on the defensive line to have a 4-3 (Wilkerson, Ellis, Richardson, Coples). Its not exactly a stretch for a scheme change, or at least some different looks.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Team needs to get stouter at the point of attack. Obviously the injuries to Nick Perry and Desmond Bishop sucked the life out of the interior defense, but that San Francisco performance was simply unacceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
I like the pick as well. Definitely need the depth on the D-line. I hope we can pick up either a corner or safety. I actually like our RB's surprisingly enough. I think Harris can be a good back and Starks was starting to run well before he got against Minny in December.
I feel like vomiting all over myself just thinking about the San Francisco game. The funny thing about that game was we were actually within striking distance late in the third and then the it all went off the rails. Getting Perry and Bishop back will be huge. Also it sounds like Jolly finally got his life together is getting a second chance. I hope he impresses in camp and sticks. He was very effective albeit a couple years ago before he went to jail. I'm really interested in seeing what he can do this time around. Raji really needs to bounce back and I think he will because he's in a contract year if I'm not mistaken. Pickett is solid and I still think Neal and Wilson can contribute. Not sure about Worthy. The linebackers were really the ones that had their fingerprints all over the murder scene that was the San Fran. game. Walden, Jones, and Matthews were... I don't even know how to describe that lol. Bishop coming back stabilizes things. I don't really like Hawk and Jones but were stuck with them so whatever.

I wish I could share your optimism regarding the running game but I don't know, Starks is NEVER healthy. He shows flashes but that's it. Green sucks. Harris was good but that was a pretty small sample size. I do like his potential though. Sounds like Thompson is interested in bringing back Benson. Meh, he just would create more of a logjam. I really think they should look at Ball or Lattimore. Especially Ball since he's a local kid. I think he could do well.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Who out there at their picks was going to make a notable impact on their offense/scoring potential? You can't draft a QB in the first round going with the rationale that "Sanchez sucks." You only make that move if the rationale is "______ can really play in this league." There's a big difference between the two.

Fail.... in what way exactly? Our offense was bad last year but the defense was no prize either. It was very average for much of the year, and many players from it are gone. Revis, Landry, Bell, Pouha, Devito, Scott, Thomas, Eric Smith. Believe it or not, defense was also a need with this team. Hell, you can probably make a case for almost a dozen spots that could be a need for this team. Can only fill so many of them with two first rounders.

It shows Idzik isn't going to throw away the idea of good defensive building blocks in favor of reaching on offensive talent they're not sold on. Just because they take defensive players doesn't mean its all Rex's doing here. It shows they know that they sucked on D last year and had a lot of turnover this year. They lost their All-Pro corner so they draft a corner to replace him. I'm not content with Kyle Wilson being our best shot at cornerback if Cromartie gets hurt. Or even just being our #2 corner. For years we've been hearing how we want to pressure the QB, which all starts with the defensive line, which is what was addressed with the second pick. I'm not seeing the problem.

I also think that people are forgetting that just because the Jets were a 3-4 team the last few years doesn't mean they're only going to be a 3-4 team this year. They're probably going to be a lot more 4-3 than 3-4. They don't have 2 ILB worth playing the majority of the time. But they do have the personnel on the defensive line to have a 4-3 (Wilkerson, Ellis, Richardson, Coples). Its not exactly a stretch for a scheme change, or at least some different looks.
Well they lost Greene and Keller and I don't who the hell they still have as WR's besides Holmes. I haven't looked at their free agents moves or there current roster so excuse my ignorance but I just have no clue how their offense is gonna work. And that's without even getting into the QB situation

Old
04-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

Gotta protect Eli
Taking an O lineman doesn't bother me. We know that the Giants always pick the guy they consider BPA. I'm just confused that the BPA wasn't Floyd in their opinion. That would have been a pick right up the Giants' alley, a defensive lineman that dropped.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
how is what miami did bad? lol I am one of the most critical of the moves they make and I am ecstatic.

they got arguably the best defensive player in the draft and they STOLE the pick from Oakland. that pick should have cost at least another 2nd rounder according to the draft pick value chart. what a steal. tehy still have a 2nd and two 3rds as well

Closed Thread