HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The moment you realize your team is run by nincompoops

Old
02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
We had a GM trade Joe Thornton for Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart and the wrong Primeau.

Thoise were dark dark days.
Worked out in the end tho

Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew. Flip Kobasew and package Craig Weller and Bitz to get Dennis Seidenberg.

Believe it or not the last trickle from the Neely trade was Horton and Campbell

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:06 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
I'm just getting to the point with the Caps(yes, I am also a Wings fan, but they are quite well run)where I'm now sure the team is run by clueless dolts. I thought the Jagr only being terrible in DC was an anomaly because he came to the team at the wrong time. But not in my wildest dreams did I think they could ruin the magnificence of Ovechkin and the special talents of Backstrom and Green to boot. This team is run without specific systems, not made to practice and I'm positive the owner is meddling with the GM and coaching. Players aren't usually used to their strength but seem to be put together in the "Throw this out there and see if it sticks" mode. I seriously doubt much if any video is shown to any players.The most baffling decisions seem to be made(as mentioned in another thread) the Caps ditched Nylander while still on contract but while they also they didn't have a true #2 c. They let Fedorov who was really helping the kids, go to Russia over a couple million bucks.Then came the driving out of the marvellously talented, but often frustrating Alex Semin.The fact that this team now seems to have fallen so far, so fast just convinces me this is mostly ownership.It's just devastating.
I'll take the daily double here. What is the last 45 years of Leaf management?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Mowerman

The Avalanche are so bad they made me run back to the Leafs. That's like being so terrible that a woman would leave you to go back to her abusive spouse.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Novacane
My Hero

When I became old enough to realize the trend in who JR signs (i.e. was once with the team, Plymouth Whaler, reclamation project, etc.). For the most part, we're the trash bin for cast-off parts. The only talent I'd say we've been able to attract is Jordan, but I'd say that has more to do with us having Eric than anything else.

Also when I realized JR is completely clueless when building a defense. Look no further than substituting Bryan Allen on the way out for Joe Corvo.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Original Rob

This thread should begin and end with the New York Islanders

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote