HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St Louis - Pittsburgh Trade

Old
02-03-2013, 03:05 AM
sanitysrequiem

vCash: 500
St Louis - Pittsburgh Trade

To St Louis

Simon Despres
Beau Bennett
2nd Round Pick

To Pittsburgh

David Perron

sanitysrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:10 AM
VancityAce

Stl says no, perron is pretty good, blues aren't exactly rebuilding

VancityAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:17 AM
River City Rumble
Registered Loser

I agree. It has to be a lateral to get St. Louis to trade.

River City Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 9062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityRumble View Post
I agree. It has to be a lateral to get St. Louis to trade.
Even if it's lateral St. Louis has no reason to make the trade. It seems like the players have really good chemistry with each other so if anything it would be St. Louis making the package for a better player.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:27 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

As a Pen's fan, I wouldn't make that deal. As a big mobile dmen, who has some grit, some hands I wanna keep Despres and see what we have in him. He's the type of guy you develop and keep imo. Bennett, although no sure thing, I really like. Adding a pick to boot......I like Perron, but I wouldn't do that.

Last edited by td_ice: 02-03-2013 at 03:33 AM.
td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
As a Pen's fan, I wouldn't make that deal. As a big mobile dmen, who has some grit, some hands I wanna keep Despres and see what we have in him. He's the type of guy you develop and keep imo. Bennett, although no sure thing, I really like. Adding a pick to boot......I like Perron, but I wouldn't do that.
Makes sense, but with plenty of strong defensemen prospects, adding a forward like Perron would be a great addition.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Kshahdoo

Good pieces Pens are ready to give up. But they should be sent to some rebuilding team. Blues won't trade their core.

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Fire Shero*

As a pens fan, I don't see why St. Louis would make this trade. They are a legitimate contender right now. Beau Bennett has been so injury prone, I'd be very hesitant to trade for him plus he's yet to play in an NHL game.

You'd be lucky to find a player like Perron with a late first round pick, and even if you did he's not going to be a regular in the NHL for 3 or 4 seasons at least.

Despres is a solid dman, but considering the other pieces proposed, not worth Perron.

Although Perron only played in a total of 67 games combined in the previous two seasons.

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Don't see the Blues making any trade right now where they aren't getting the best player in the deal. The team as is can contend for the Cup.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicryptic View Post
To St Louis

Simon Despres
Beau Bennett
2nd Round Pick

To Pittsburgh

David Perron
Pittsburgh should have absolutely no interest in doing this. I don't see the benefit. That is way too much to give up for a guy that only played 57 games in the previous two years. I love him as a player, but he isn't worth a young top pairing Dman; our best forward prospect and a second rounder in a DEEP draft.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:30 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Pittsburgh should have absolutely no interest in doing this. I don't see the benefit. That is way too much to give up for a guy that only played 57 games in the previous two years. I love him as a player, but he isn't worth a young top pairing Dman; our best forward prospect and a second rounder in a DEEP draft.
It's fine that you don't like the deal but to say Perron has only played 57 games in the past 2 years seems to imply that he is injury prone, which is not the case. He had one injury and has been completely symptom free since he came back.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:39 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
It's fine that you don't like the deal but to say Perron has only played 57 games in the past 2 years seems to imply that he is injury prone, which is not the case. He had one injury and has been completely symptom free since he came back.
I don't get these people saying all the sudden when one guy misses a big chunk of two seasons, eight games into this season he is completely injury free and isn't a risk. Perron is a risk. I like him as a player, but he, along with Andrei Markov and Ales Hemsky are all risks.

Even if he wasn't a risk, that is a big price to pay for a guy that has only hit 50 points once in his career. I like him alot, but that is a steep price.

St. Louis doesn't need to make a deal anyway and if it does, it needs a minor one.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Did you forget that the Blues are a 1-2-2 high system? 50 points is great for someone who plays in such a conservative system.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:52 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Did you forget that the Blues are a 1-2-2 high system? 50 points is great for someone who plays in such a conservative system.
Doesn't matter to me. I like him alot as a player, but that is a huge return for him. Add in his health issues and that is a huge risk too. JMO

STL fans just seem to want to make a trade to do so. Why mess with what they have?

A year ago, this would be the Rags equal to asking for JT Miller, McDonough and a second. Would you do it? McDonough is more established than Despres, so that is why I said a year ago.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-03-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old
02-03-2013, 08:03 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I don't get these people saying all the sudden when one guy misses a big chunk of two seasons, eight games into this season he is completely injury free and isn't a risk. Perron is a risk. I like him as a player, but he, along with Andrei Markov and Ales Hemsky are all risks.

Even if he wasn't a risk, that is a big price to pay for a guy that has only hit 50 points once in his career. I like him alot, but that is a steep price.

St. Louis doesn't need to make a deal anyway and if it does, it needs a minor one.

Perron has hit 50 once (in only his second season), came 3 points away from 50 in his third season and then got injured early into his 4th season. He came back and had 42 points in 57 games and is on almost a PPG pace at this point this season. I know it's early but I think it's safe to say he's going to be more than a 50 point player.

BTW, he played 57 games last year and then the playoffs. Has been healthy this year and has shown no signs at all. It's not like Markov and Hemsky at all who are always injured, Perron has only been injured once. He is less of a risk than Crosby is.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:03 AM
specialized

Blues are also a win now team,why would they trade away one of there stars?

specialized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:34 AM
RottenScoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
+1. No way would the Pens touch this deal.

RottenScoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Dangles78

Neither team would do this.

Pittsburgh has no room to be trading NHL defenemen unless one is coming back the other way. Also, that package could get a better return than Perron, but that's not a knock on him.

St Louis doesn't do this for obvious reasons.

Bad trading partners

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:47 AM
stlblues9

If you put Perron beside Crosby he stats putting up Neal numbers.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Does he still have to wear a shaded visor?

I'm more than fine letting him stay with the Blues. I feel bad for what he had to go through and hope he stays healthy, but in no way do I want to take that on.

Bad enough we have to even think about, Sid, with that.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:17 AM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Did Perron really just get lumped in with Hemsky and Markov? Really?

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Perron is part of St Louis' core. Bennett and Despres will help fill the pens with more skill in the coming year(s)

No from both sides I'd say.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:37 AM
BumFortyOne

I know it's been beaten to death on these boards, but is there anything on the Pens roster that would interest the Blues for Stewart?

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:01 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumFortyOne View Post
I know it's been beaten to death on these boards, but is there anything on the Pens roster that would interest the Blues for Stewart?
Sutter.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumFortyOne View Post
Not even worth talking about TBH, Pen fans want him dirt cheap cause he had one bad season which won't happen. He worked his butt off in the offseason and looks like he did when we first got him.

The Perron offer really doesn't make our team better now so no reason to pull the trigger on that one.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote