Notices

2013 - Around the League Games - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

vCash: 500
Here's another gif clearly showing Bourque as the 3rd man in.

Delicious tears of Habs fans coating the main board tonight.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Speaking of Staubitz...

How the hell did he get 5 and a game last night for spearing when Robidas did the same exact freaking thing to Perry earlier, and his (Robidas) looked way more intentional?
Reputation I guess. Was watching that game and it didn't even look that bad on Dillon. The robidas one was worse.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
bruins repeat time

Never really an excuse to bite but if there was one there certainly wasnt anything close to one there

Old
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
They are getting hammered like their team

Old
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticaActual View Post
I hate the Bruins, and Bruins fans hate the Leafs. This is how it should be. But after tonight's game I wanted to check this thread and I just knew there would be some Bruins fans who would appreciate the Habs beatdown tonight. =) There's too much melodrama on the main board, whining about Orr sucker punching Bourque, blah blah whine whine.

The only thing I didn't like was Grabo biting Patches. But Patches wrapped his face around Grabo while Grabo was in a fight with Prust. So Patches wasn't totally innocent.

But every other facet of tonight's game made me really happy. The Leafs obliterated the Habs.
I don't think it's overstepping to say most Bruins fans don't hate the Leafs - what I feel toward them is mostly indifference. Apparently some Leafs fans took the "tank" threads personally, which was silly. I'd want any team whose top draft pick the Bruins owned to lose, and Leaf fans would do the same.

I hate the Habs, I loathe the Canucks. The Leafs? Meh.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Wow. Not a very smart move.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

I don't HATE the Leafs

I HATE the Habs, Nucks & Sabres

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I don't think it's overstepping to say most Bruins fans don't hate the Leafs.
Seriously. They gave us Seguin, Hamilton and Rask. How could we possibly hate them

Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I don't think it's overstepping to say most Bruins fans don't hate the Leafs - what I feel toward them is mostly indifference. Apparently some Leafs fans took the "tank" threads personally, which was silly. I'd want any team whose top draft pick the Bruins owned to lose, and Leaf fans would do the same.

Summed up perfectly. My feelings exactly.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
bruins repeat time

carlyle just said we felt it was all started by one player -------- im more sure it was definitley prust

Last edited by bruins repeat time: 02-09-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
The announcers didnt seem to get it but montreal took that beating from orr and mclaren because of prust, Im pretty sure they were upset how prust went after the smaller leafs in the scrum that got him kicked out. He threw punches at a couple guys --one of them at grabovsky. grabovsky ended up biting pacioretty.
Yup - I think Carlyle said as much in the post game press conference, that "the whole thing was started by, what we felt, was one player." Prust was running around like an idiot looking to stir up **** since the middle of the 2nd period. Well, you ask for it, you get it.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

nevermind.

Last edited by dredeye: 02-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Apparently, right before this Hab's player pulled Orr's stick out of his hands and chucked it? If you watch the video at hockeyfights.com that's what the announcer says anyway (although I think it had more to do with Prust, as others have said). Not sure if it was Plex or not, but Orr tried to line him up at center ice and Plex narrowly avoided it.

At that point Gionta challenged Orr and the two of them started to scuffle, then Bourque came in and grabbed Orr from behind, who then turned and punched him in the jaw. Bourque brought that on himself IMO. Funny part was, not only did he get knocked on his a$$, he probably got tossed as the 3rd man in

Gorges looked ridiculous, but I give him props for hanging in against a much more experienced fighter.
As stuff keeps being posted it makes more sense. It looked like Orr jumped Gionta and Bourque came in to defend him in that last little gif. I guess that'll teach me for saying something against someone doing **** to a hab. Lesson learnt.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:

Same here. Nothing ****es me off more than whining and crying for suspensions and disciplinary action after getting beatdown, and the Habs and Canucks fans are public enemy #1 when it comes to this. Haven't seen nearly as much crybaby behavior from Leaf fans, even though they've been on the wrong side of their share of such beatdowns.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Topshelf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
This is exactly why you need a goon as your 12 th forward!
True to a point. Wouldn't mind having a McLaren or Fritz on the B's honestly. Dress him a few times a season, keep teams honest. Bruins are already very tough and this would only enhance that against certain teams. Always wished Orr would have stuck around here.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Topshelf88

Also, after Prust who can really throw on Montreal? Same old, same old from them.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:49 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
At least Maxi pad learned his lesson and doesn't mess with the 6'9 Euros anymore, only the small soft ones.

Orr and McLaren cleaning up the ice ! Beauty old time hockey !!!
This is why I always respected the hell out of your team; even after that brutal Rask trade; forgetting all about that other trade; then being on the other end of these to you guys.

I miss old school hockey.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Also, after Prust who can really throw on Montreal? Same old, same old from them.
Ryan White

Old
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
that's a pretty ****** move on Orr's part.
The video was cut to remove the beginning of the altercation; which paints a completely different picture:

I'm not saying it was clean; but that first GIF is misleading. You jump a guy with no gloves on from behind; expect to get punched.

Habs fans are in a low place right now and trying to cling to anything; they're even calling this a knee:

The highlight of the night was when McClaren decided not to kill Gorges; then just spectated and laughed half the fight:

Gorges could barely walk; McClaren could have killed the guy.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Holy keerist, that Habs/Leafs megathread is good "snowed-in" entertainment reading.

Some Leaf fan even mentioned that he knew how it meant to be a Bruin fan, what with bearing the brunt of Canadien fans' angst.

To think I stopped watching that game to watch Minnesota/Nashville because according to the score, it looked out of hand. Clearly that was my mistake.

48 hours until they cue that bad boy up on GCL? Boo hiss.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Can't wait to see both Bruins and Leafs going at it soon to see if the "love" would still be there. Pretty sure McLaren won't be laughing. Pretty sure Orr, while good, would have a tougher time against Thornton and Co then Gionta as well. Unless the Leafs goons do inflict a tough time to your guys which I know, for sure, that the love between both teams will stop right there.

We got our ass kicked in every sphere possible tonight. Though it can't be an indication as how good or poor we are. You guys know better. The same team that was so good against you not that long ago, the Sabres, we,re also ridiculized by us not that long ago. Toronto does seem to be in a era where they have our number. Just like we used to have YOUR number. And as we all know....things change quite fast. If I were them...I'd be extremely careful. Though it is the net....we can be as NOT careful as we can be....

Old
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't wait to see both Bruins and Leafs going at it soon to see if the "love" would still be there. Pretty sure McLaren won't be laughing. Pretty sure Orr, while good, would have a tougher time against Thornton and Co then Gionta as well. Unless the Leafs goons do inflict a tough time to your guys which I know, for sure, that the love between both teams will stop right there.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"....for tonight anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We got our ass kicked in every sphere possible tonight. Though it can't be an indication as how good or poor we are. You guys know better. The same team that was so good against you not that long ago, the Sabres, we,re also ridiculized by us not that long ago. Toronto does seem to be in a era where they have our number. Just like we used to have YOUR number. And as we all know....things change quite fast. If I were them...I'd be extremely careful. Though it is the net....we can be as NOT careful as we can be....
I certainly don't think the Habs are as bad, or the Leafs are as good, as a 6-0 final would indicate. I believe most of us know that one game doesn't a trend make. An ass-whooping like tonight makes one stand up and take notice, but me personally, I always want to see how the next game goes between the teams to see what happens when the emotions have a few days (or weeks in a regular season) to temper. That's usually a better indicator of actual tactical proficiency.

Crazy game, and I only caught 5-10 total minutes of it.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Watching NHL tonight and good god the Canadiens are such whiners.

I don't remember THIS much attention when Bergeron was bitten

Old
02-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"....for tonight anyhow.
Fair enough. You do have to add "For tonight" though which is then understandable. Problem for us though is that when you guys face each other and if someting like that happens to either team....we will not be able to apply the same motto.

Quote:
I certainly don't think the Habs are as bad, or the Leafs are as good, as a 6-0 final would indicate. I believe most of us know that one game doesn't a trend make. An ass-whooping like tonight makes one stand up and take notice, but me personally, I always want to see how the next game goes between the teams to see what happens when the emotions have a few days (or weeks in a regular season) to temper. That's usually a better indicator of actual tactical proficiency.

Crazy game, and I only caught 5-10 total minutes of it.
Problem with that loss tonight is that it's like the loss and beating against you guys....it totally played in the guys' minds. Our team thought they were much tougher this year which CLEARLY was a mirage. Like I said on the Habs board, Moen isn't interested in being tough anymore, Armstrong was NEVER tough, Prust holds his own but at 6'0'', he doesn't scare anymore, Subban can't fight, Emelin most definately can never fight due to his injury, Gallagher will fight smaller players but that doesn't count, Bouillon is a great fighter but he's also 5'8''.....Toughness wasn't really address. And as you guys know, in this league, it is preferable to be tough AND to know how to play hockey. Your goonest player in Thornton surely would play on my team anytime.

Anyway, enough crying on my enemy's board....I let you guys have your fun with our other enemy. I'll try to get some sleep watching curling....chances are I'll see more toughness there than I saw from us all game long...

Old
02-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Never got how Colby Armstrong was brought in for toughness

Closed Thread