Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Around the League Games - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

vCash: 500
What has been with the Bruins schedule so far? They barely have played and games are so spread out.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Lshap

Your opinions on the Habs and Leafs don't seem to be having an affect on the standings. Condolences.

I actually came to this board wondering which team Bruins fans would least like to play in the playoffs. Genuinely curious.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
What has been with the Bruins schedule so far? They barely have played and games are so spread out.
The re-scheduling of the Tampa game makes it look a little worse than it actually is. The Bruins should be done 14 games and there are plenty of teams with 14 played. Only the Bruins and Kings will have played 13 after tonight as is.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Your opinions on the Habs and Leafs don't seem to be having an affect on the standings. Condolences.

I actually came to this board wondering which team Bruins fans would least like to play in the playoffs. Genuinely curious.
Leafs. Don't have Carey Price. A hot Carey Price is the scariest thing either team has to offer (unless Scrivens is the next Tim Thomas, unlikely). Habs have a better roster IMO as well.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Bad Hat Harry
Who let the dogs out

Does anyone else think Phil Kessel bares a strange resemblance to Buddy from The Incredibles?

Old
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
1967 +1993 = you both have sucked for two plus decades!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
You have to understand them... They are irrelevant since 1993 (only 1 division title in 20 years) so when they finally get to 1st place, it doesn't matter how many more games they have played to get there.

Let them celebrate. I just hope their little lucky charm run continu so they won't have any chance to get picked in the lottery. They would also make a very good 1st round warm up opponent.
To be fair guys. Boston has one cup in 40 years too. I wouldn't call habs, toronto or boston dynastys the last 2 decades. That may come off harsh but I assume it to be fact but nonetheless, the bruins have won in the recent history and have been more related with success than the habs and leafs combined so I wouldn't take that the wrong way.

FWIW, it seems like northeast will be competitive this year. Unfortunate for ottawa as they would've made things even more interesting, perhaps 4 teams from NE making the playoffs.

I just hope habs don't face toronto or bruins in playoffs(assuming we make it). Seems like it's not looking good when we face you.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
TMac21
Save us Sweeney

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:

Based on this season, Buffalo, we may need Laraque to come out of retirement and sign with us.

In all honesty, way too early to tell.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
C77

Quote:

Rangers

Great goaltending, great defense, and they have some top-end offensive talent too.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Leafs. Don't have Carey Price. A hot Carey Price is the scariest thing either team has to offer (unless Scrivens is the next Tim Thomas, unlikely). Habs have a better roster IMO as well.
Very flattering to hear that. Thanks! But I don't seriously think we're your biggest threat. I would normally go with the Pens or Rangers, but the reason I asked the question is that so many teams are playing surprisingly good or bad, like the whole league has been reshuffled. Obviously, everyone's terrified of Chicago, but aside from them all bets are off.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
TD74

Quote:

For some reason we have a hard time with SE teams......cant explain, just is.....

Old
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Very flattering to hear that. Thanks! But I don't seriously think we're your biggest threat. I would normally go with the Pens or Rangers, but the reason I asked the question is that so many teams are playing surprisingly good or bad, like the whole league has been reshuffled. Obviously, everyone's terrified of Chicago, but aside from them all bets are off.
I was only talking between the Leafs and Canadiens, read the question wrong. In the whole league, Pittsburgh would be my number one worry at the moment.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Lshap

Quote:
I was only talking between the Leafs and Canadiens, read the question wrong. In the whole league, Pittsburgh would be my number one worry at the moment.
Makes more sense. For a moment I thought you were trying to get on my good side to borrow money or something.

The thing about the Pens is their continued difficulties in the playoffs. Just bad luck, or is there some fundamental flaw, like Washington? Pens SEEM like they should win every year, yet they haven't come close since '09.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:52 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
this montreal-carolina game is horrible.
any game against the canes is always a bore. I don't know what it is about that team but they always make for a garbage game.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:

Rangers, 100x. That team appears to frustrate the Bruins like no other.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Wow Leafs fans have gotten cocky, that didn't take long. If the Bruins can't beat the Leafs and Canadiens in the standings handily then they aren't the contender I thought they were. Surely the Leafs and Habs have gotten better but I'm not buying they've "arrived" just yet. Can see both battling for a playoff spot right down to the wire.
Well, and in the defense of some Leaf fans, there's some sensible fans telling their more....boisterous....fans to slow the eff down. Pretty sure I recall one sparkling thread on the main board that had a Leaf fan already securing a playoff spot.

I saw Scirvens get another shutout tonight and knew to stay away from the main board again. The Leafs could use a nice 6-1 butt kicking just to throw a blanket on their February Stanley Cup win.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:09 PM
EverettMike

I love guys that on their own board bash Bruins fans as the dumbest, most neanderthal-like fans in hockey, then come to our board pretending to be interested in what we think.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Leafs fans haven't gotten cocky, they've always been cocky. Same as Habs fans.
More like blind.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
1967 +1993 = you both have sucked for two plus decades!
LOL you do realize that before 2011 your organization hadn't won a cup since 1972.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:17 AM
bruins04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
LOL you do realize that before 2011 your organization hadn't won a cup since 1972.
yes, that doesn't invalidate the original statement made though
you'll have to wait until 2031 (hopefully longer) for that

Old
02-19-2013, 03:33 AM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

I'm sorry for some of my fellow Leafs fans and their parade planning ways..

I unfortunately can't have any hockey-related chirps for a fanbase who's team bullies mine like the handsome QB on the high school football team giving some Bill Gates looking young lad a swirly.. I can say atleast we will enjoy watching the Jays leave your Red Sox in the dust this year.

Cheers guys!

Old
02-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Well they did cancel a game because of a snow trace, but other than that they've had an easy schedule, things will get tougher in March.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
I'm sorry for some of my fellow Leafs fans and their parade planning ways..

I unfortunately can't have any hockey-related chirps for a fanbase who's team bullies mine like the handsome QB on the high school football team giving some Bill Gates looking young lad a swirly.. I can say atleast we will enjoy watching the Jays leave your Red Sox in the dust this year.

Cheers guys!
Fine with me since I'll be laughing when the Sox sink to last place in the AL East.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-19-2013, 08:36 AM
C77

I don't think the Bruins are that much better than the other teams in the division. This NHL is much different than in the past with regard to parity. A team that finished in the cellar last year like Montreal could have a great year this season.

And the team that beat the Bruins last year in the playoffs is in last place in the conference. And the Stanley Cup winning team can't do anything right at this point.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
The NE has not been as bad in a long time. A weak Habs and Leafs teams are supposed to be our biggest rivals for 1st in the division?

Home ice in the back pocket.
Boston caught a huge break with Ottawa getting hammered with injuries. Ottawa would
have given Boston a run for 1st.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:49 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Well they did cancel a game because of a snow trace, but other than that they've had an easy schedule, things will get tougher in March.
Yea with that schedule with 17 games in March it's going to be really tough. I figure if they win 10 of those games it will be a very good month.

Closed Thread