HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Around the League Games - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
  #926
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Would love McGrattan back on this team

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:08 PM
  #927
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,530
vCash: 500
Taylor Hall with a dirty knee on knee hit of Cal Clitterbuck. Hope Cal's ok!

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:08 PM
  #928
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,117
vCash: 500
this might be a record


Shaun is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
  #929
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Taylor Hall with a dirty knee on knee hit of Cal Clitterbuck. Hope Cal's ok!
Not knee on knee, but late and he targeted the knee:


Media on Twitter saying the first point of contact was knee to knee based on what they saw in media room.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
  #930
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
this might be a record

I think Brad Richards ranks pretty well amongst centers

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
  #931
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,548
vCash: 500
Ouch. Saw that one happen real time and Buck went down hard.

Hall going for the hip check, but the puck's nowhere near either him or Clutterbuck.

Dirty? Eh. Reckless. Absolutely.

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Quote:
Clutterbuck in a stretcher being rolled by paramedics to Oilers medical room.
He couldn't put any weight on it at all. One of my favorites on the Wild. Hope he's ok.

Culture of Hockey is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:18 AM
  #932
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
If we're grabbing a 13th forward that would only play to offset toughness, I'd go for McGrattan personally. I think he's only played a handful of games in Nashville this season (if that) and was here once and has a base knowledge of what the team does.

And not to be overlooked, he seems to still be close to the guys on the team, Lucic in particular I've noticed. Chemistry always matters to the Bruins, and McGrattan was with them when they went to Europe to start their 2011 Cup year, and to a man the B's say that trip set them on the path to be champs.

Plus he can still fight anybody and win. He should at least have a chance to do it in the East & Northeast.
Absolutely.

Colt.45Orr is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
  #933
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
I kind of like watching this leafs team. I really like how they have exposed Big John Scott. What is he in fights this year? 1-3?

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 06:48 AM
  #934
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
 
The Special K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canal Winchester, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Not knee on knee, but late and he targeted the knee:


Media on Twitter saying the first point of contact was knee to knee based on what they saw in media room.
wow...thay was waaay late and knee on knee. I would expect Hall to have some forced vacation time....it would be well deserved.

The Special K is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 06:49 AM
  #935
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,530
vCash: 500
From the Edmonton post. Clearly a shot to the knee.


Alicat is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:12 AM
  #936
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
A page right out of The Matt Cooke Saga.

''Not knee on knee'' I don't know how anyone can right those 4 words.

Rookie Chargers is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:13 AM
  #937
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I'll take knee shots over head shots.

Boys will be boys.

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:19 AM
  #938
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I'll take knee shots over head shots.

Boys will be boys.
The former is gutless and the latter is stupid I'd say. Really no difference as it's mind over matter. Can't have a mind if you are going to be the former.

Rookie Chargers is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:43 AM
  #939
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 21,263
vCash: 500
Garbage play by the mouth-breather.

Fire Sweeney is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:57 AM
  #940
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,484
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Would love McGrattan back on this team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Absolutely.
Lucic and McGrattan are very tight...they spent a lot of the lockout together, visiting each other... I would love him here .

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:58 AM
  #941
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,484
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
If we're grabbing a 13th forward that would only play to offset toughness, I'd go for McGrattan personally. I think he's only played a handful of games in Nashville this season (if that) and was here once and has a base knowledge of what the team does.

And not to be overlooked, he seems to still be close to the guys on the team, Lucic in particular I've noticed. Chemistry always matters to the Bruins, and McGrattan was with them when they went to Europe to start their 2011 Cup year, and to a man the B's say that trip set them on the path to be champs.

Plus he can still fight anybody and win. He should at least have a chance to do it in the East & Northeast.
Lucic and He are very tight...spend a lot of time together.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:20 AM
  #942
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Lucic and McGrattan are very tight...they spent a lot of the lockout together, visiting each other... I would love him here .
Only a year older than S. Thornton when he first came here.

Colt.45Orr is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:29 AM
  #943
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 17,737
vCash: 500
I wonder if McGrattan's dud of a year with us would be too much to hold against him.

JMiller is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:58 AM
  #944
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,484
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I wonder if McGrattan's dud of a year with us would be too much to hold against him.
I look at it like this... SHawn Thornton had his best year by far as a pro with McGrattan a phone call away in Providence.... Maybe coincedence, but who knows..

I will say this, you don't lose much replacing the 2013 version of Shawn Thornton with McGrattan IMO.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:06 AM
  #945
ssault
SW BROONS
 
ssault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 500
Wow, harsh words from Karlsson about Cooke (which anyone not in a Penguins jersey will agree with) - I'll put a few quotes here from various tweets:

"I knew exactly who it was so I was taking bit of caution," says Karlsson.

"I think the situation could have been prevented," he says of the injury

Doesn't think it would happen if it was another player than Cooke.

Karlsson has not responded to Matt Cooke's text. "We have nothing to say to each other."

Didn't reply to Cooke's text. "He has been after me before." Said it shouldn't have happened.

"At least he reached out which I didn't expect. We're going to leave it at that," said Karlsson.

Knows who will hit him and who is not. "He knows exactly what he is doing out there. That is why I am sitting here with leg in cast."

"I don't think he meant to cut me. He meant to hit me hard, try to knock me out," Karlsson on Cooke hit. He's not forgiving


Last edited by ssault: 02-22-2013 at 09:11 AM.
ssault is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
  #946
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I look at it like this... SHawn Thornton had his best year by far as a pro with McGrattan a phone call away in Providence.... Maybe coincedence, but who knows..

I will say this, you don't lose much replacing the 2013 version of Shawn Thornton with McGrattan IMO.
Yeah, he's looked very timid since the beat down. He's been a liability on the ice since he's been back. Hard to say it would be a bad move to get some insurance in place should this continue...

LSCII is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:23 AM
  #947
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 21,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Yeah, he's looked very timid since the beat down. He's been a liability on the ice since he's been back. Hard to say it would be a bad move to get some insurance in place should this continue...
It should have been done before sending out a freshly extended 35 year old middleweight on the ice to get pummelled, compromising the rest of his career.

Fire Sweeney is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:30 AM
  #948
Regina
Registered User
 
Regina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Yeah, he's looked very timid since the beat down. He's been a liability on the ice since he's been back. Hard to say it would be a bad move to get some insurance in place should this continue...

I would assume he's been told not to fight for a bit at this point . That said , its a part of his mantra but the Bruins can hold off on that part of the game with 22 .

There are others who can fill the void , if need be .

Regina is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
  #949
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,484
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
It should have been done before sending out a freshly extended 35 year old middleweight on the ice to get pummelled, compromising the rest of his career.
Bruins gave Scott too much credit. Lucic could take him. Chara would atleast draw to him. They lineup Thornton next to him with a 65 lbs weights disadvantage...Someone else should have stepped up..

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
  #950
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,484
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I would assume he's been told not to fight for a bit at this point . That said , its a part of his mantra but the Bruins can hold off on that part of the game with 22 .

There are others who can fill the void , if need be .
Like? Chara and Lucic are "too important" and McQuaid doesn't seem to in to it this year. Nobody has stepped up to try and ignite this team with a fight when needed except MacDermid and he never plays.

WBC8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.