HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Fast & Furious 6

Old
02-05-2013, 05:58 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
They basically have moved the franchise away from being centered around the cars and car the underground racing/drifting culture and it has become more of a crime type series now.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:03 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
The first one was good, absolutely. The fifth was ok, but I don't think it was friggen gold by any means.

My problem is this...it's a tired franchise. Six movies?

Seriously?

Especially after the three in the middle were just absolute bombs, they still continue to pump these things out.

It's ok that other people like the movies, I don't. I think that by and large they're ****** and should have been laid to rest a long time ago. There's really no need to get hurt feelings about it.

There are lots of movies out there that I like that other people don't. I really liked Boondock Saints 2 and Constantine(I actually think they need to make a sequel for this one), but lots of people if not most people hated those two movies.
The last two movies combined for over $989 million in box office sales. You might not like them, but they're not bombs and not tired if people are going to see them.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I thought Hann was killed at some point? I'm confused.

And did I see Tyrese Gibson AND Ludacris in that trailer?! I'm in

EDIT: While we're at it, I thought Michelle Rodriguez died too. I'm completely lost now.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

Han died in Tokyo Drift.

Han was also in #4 and #5, and will be in #6.

The only logical answer (other than Han faking his death or having a twin brother with the same name), is that Tokyo Drift takes place after all these sequels that Han is in.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:16 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

I'll probably watch it. It's the type of movie you just sit back and enjoy the ride. A bit of mindless fun. The hot women and nice cars don't hurt though

Can someone remind me what happened to Michelle Rodriguez's character in the last F&F she was in? She died right (hence the "do you believe in ghosts?")

I don't think there is much of a continuity in terms of the characters. Han died in Tokyo Drift, but was back again in the next set of movies. Doesn't really bother me.

Tokyo Drift was definitely the worst in the franchise, IMO.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Who?
The main character and the asian guy. I don't remember the movies too well, but I thought they met in Tokyo Drift. If these are prequels, why do they already know each other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
I don't believe the main character in Tokyo Drift is in any of the other F&F movies. Vin Deisel's character mentions he is an old friend at the end of it, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Oh, I thought it was the same main character. Tokyo Drift wasn't Paul Walker? It's all a blur to me.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
The first one was good, absolutely. The fifth was ok, but I don't think it was friggen gold by any means.

My problem is this...it's a tired franchise. Six movies?

Seriously?

Especially after the three in the middle were just absolute bombs, they still continue to pump these things out.

It's ok that other people like the movies, I don't. I think that by and large they're ****** and should have been laid to rest a long time ago. There's really no need to get hurt feelings about it.

There are lots of movies out there that I like that other people don't. I really liked Boondock Saints 2 and Constantine(I actually think they need to make a sequel for this one), but lots of people if not most people hated those two movies.
I thought it was an alright comment to make (not constructive, but who cares?). Reactionary negative comments are just treated like trollish personal attacks when they're angrily spit out like that without timid consideration for others. I personally don't think they should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The last two movies combined for over $989 million in box office sales. You might not like them, but they're not bombs and not tired if people are going to see them.
I'm sure he just meant HE feels its tired and HE considers them bombs (not financially). I would be very very surprised if he truly didn't understand why they kept making them. You'd have to seriously question someone who doesn't. My impression is that he just thinks they shouldn't and that it's annoying that they do.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
The main character and the asian guy. I don't remember the movies too well, but I thought they met in Tokyo Drift. If these are prequels, why do they already know each other?Oh, I thought it was the same main character. Tokyo Drift wasn't Paul Walker? It's all a blur to me.
nope, Walker isn't in it, some actor named Lucas Black is

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I'll probably watch it. It's the type of movie you just sit back and enjoy the ride. A bit of mindless fun. The hot women and nice cars don't hurt though

Can someone remind me what happened to Michelle Rodriguez's character in the last F&F she was in? She died right (hence the "do you believe in ghosts?")

I don't think there is much of a continuity in terms of the characters. Han died in Tokyo Drift, but was back again in the next set of movies. Doesn't really bother me.

Tokyo Drift was definitely the worst in the franchise, IMO.
Fast and Furious and Fast 5 takes place before Tokyo drift and Michelle Rodriguez's character doesn't die, it was all a setup and so we assumed she did die ( mentioned post-credits scene that she was alive )

Old
02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
The main character and the asian guy. I don't remember the movies too well, but I thought they met in Tokyo Drift. If these are prequels, why do they already know each other?Oh, I thought it was the same main character. Tokyo Drift wasn't Paul Walker? It's all a blur to me.
In timeline order:

1 - 2001 Paul Walker meets Vin Diesel & Gang. Diesel flees the US presumably. LA
2 - 2003 Paul Walker and Tyrese Gibson do their own thing. Miami

4 - 2009 Paul Walker, Vin Diesel infiltrate a drug running op. Michelle Rodriguez "dies". Vin Diesel sent to prison. LA/Mexico. Han mentions going to Tokyo someday.

5 - 2011 Break Diesel out of prison. Pull a job which gets a few federal agents killed. Dawyne Johnson sent after them. Assemble crew (misc. characters from the above movies) to steal money. Brazil.

6 - 2013 Dwayne Johnson recruits the heist team from 5 to combat some new threat in exchange for pardons. Europe.

3 - 2006 Han side story with redneck Lucas Black. Han dies. Tokyo.

2 and 3 basically are the 'crap' movies in the series. 4,5,6 sort of reboots the story and have a good director at the helm, so they feel entirely different.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:29 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
In timeline order:

1 - 2001 Paul Walker meets Vin Diesel & Gang. Diesel flees the US presumably. LA
2 - 2003 Paul Walker and Tyrese Gibson do their own thing. Miami

4 - 2009 Paul Walker, Vin Diesel infiltrate a drug running op. Michelle Rodriguez "dies". Vin Diesel sent to prison. LA/Mexico. Han mentions going to Tokyo someday.

5 - 2011 Break Diesel out of prison. Pull a job which gets a few federal agents killed. Dawyne Johnson sent after them. Assemble crew (misc. characters from the above movies) to steal money. Brazil.

6 - 2013 Dwayne Johnson recruits the heist team from 5 to combat some new threat in exchange for pardons. Europe.

3 - 2006 Han side story with redneck Lucas Black. Han dies. Tokyo.

2 and 3 basically are the 'crap' movies in the series. 4,5,6 sort of reboots the story and have a good director at the helm, so they feel entirely different.
Not sure if that makes sense because Diesel shows up at the end of 3 and I think in 5 he mentions knowing Han from tokyo or something. I just think 3 was a good in the serious and is not really "canon" for the lack of a better term.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Not sure if that makes sense because Diesel shows up at the end of 3 and I think in 5 he mentions knowing Han from tokyo or something. I just think 3 was a good in the serious and is not really "canon" for the lack of a better term.
It's canon. It's implied that Dominic knows Han from events that aren't depicted in any of the films.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:46 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Here is an extended look on Fast 6

Old
02-05-2013, 08:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Han died in Tokyo Drift.

The only logical answer (other than Han faking his death or having a twin brother with the same name), is that Tokyo Drift takes place after all these sequels that Han is in.
I'm also pretty sure Justin Lin (or someone) stated that they wish that movie was never made.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

Quote:
I'm also pretty sure Justin Lin (or someone) stated that they wish that movie was never made.
I actually liked that movie. It was better than 2 or 4, in my opinion.

It would make more sense as a standalone movie (replace Han with a non-recurring character), with just the cameo from Diesel at the end.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Does anyone else think an F&F/Transporter crossover would be fantastic?

02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Kinda OT and don't feel like making a new thread, but Paul Walker has been cast for the lead in the reboot of Hitman.

Also, Tokyo Drift is my favourite of the FF series. Same with my gf.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:35 AM
darko

Quote:
Han died in Tokyo Drift.

Yes. 4, 5 and 6 are before Tokyo Drift.

It goes: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

I liked every movie except 2 Fast 2 Furious. Tokyo Drift was awesome.

I wish the title had been The Fast and The Furious 6. Fast and Furious was kinda like The Final Destination. You thought it was the final movie of the franchise by either simply removing "The" or adding it.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 02-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
Kinda OT and don't feel like making a new thread, but Paul Walker has been cast for the lead in the reboot of Hitman.
As a longtime Hitman fan, this is just cringe-worthy and wrong.

As for the "Fast" movies, the only really good one was the first one IMO. Can't believe it's been almost 12 years since I saw it in theatres.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:41 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
It's canon. It's implied that Dominic knows Han from events that aren't depicted in any of the films.
There are also 2 short films related to the series.

Short films

Turbo-Charged Prelude (2003)

Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) packs his bags and leaves Los Angeles, before the LAPD gets a chance to arrest him for letting Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) escape. While the FBI launch a national manhunt on him, Brian travels across Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, winning in every street race he participates in with, his red Dodge Stealth. However, he is forced to ditch his car at a motel in Dallas when police officers are notified of his presence. When they collect the car, he manages to hitch a ride from an unknown woman, despite her knowing who he really is. She drops him at a used car lot, with him realizing she knows that he is a wanted man. There, he buys a green Nissan Skyline GT-R R34. Later, collecting money from street races, he modifies the car with new rims and repaints it silver, with blue lightning vinyls on the sides, before traveling eastbound and winning more races on the way. Upon reaching Atlanta, Georgia, Brian heads south toward Miami, Florida, where he sees Slap Jack's Toyota Supra and Orange Julius' Mazda RX-7 (both 2 Fast 2 Furious characters) before the screen reads "2 be continued…".

Los Bandoleros (2009)

Leo Tego (Tego Calderón) is in a prison of the Dominican Republic, ranting about corporations holding back the electric car and starting wars for oil, while, on the streets, Omar Santos (Don Omar) chats to an old man unable to find enough gas. Han Seoul-Oh (Sung Kang) arrives and is collected from the airport by Cara Mirtha (Mirtha Michelle) and Malo (F. Valentino Morales). They drive him back to Santos' house, where his aunt Rubia (Adria Carrasco) is struggling with rising prices linked to the cost of gasoline and Dominic is working on his car. The team then enjoy a welcome meal with the family. After breaking Leo out of prison, they head to a club, where Han and Cara flirt, while Dominic meets up with local politician Elvis (Juan Fernandez), who informs them of a window of opportunity to hijack a gasoline shipment. While relaxing at the club afterwards, Dominic is surprised by the arrival of Letty, who has tracked him from Mexico. The two drive together to the beach, where they rekindle their relationship.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I actually liked that movie. It was better than 2 or 4, in my opinion.

It would make more sense as a standalone movie (replace Han with a non-recurring character), with just the cameo from Diesel at the end.
Han dying in that movie is essentially what makes these all prequels, which is annoying since it's unnecessary. I'm thinking the crossover might be after this movie, plus I think the other girl is going to die in this one (not a spoiler, just something I think will happen)

Old
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Old
02-14-2013, 07:00 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
already posted that

Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Oh damn, I hadn't clicked it because I didn't think it was the trailer since there wasn't a shot of it. It's the first time I noticed it.