HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FEB 6TH Boston @ Montreal 7:30PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
Thank you so much. I bought a Remparts jersey at Logo on St. Jean today and was told the same about La Cage. I've been to a couple before and they're great. Can't wait. I hope Emelin plays a super physical game. **** the Bruins!
I went to the cage @ 2700 boul. Laurier a couple of years ago (it was right across from our hotel) and I loved it. I would highly recommend.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Is recommending la cage aux sports to out-of-towners some new cruel meme i'm not aware of?

Old
02-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Thank you so much. I bought a Remparts jersey at Logo on St. Jean today and was told the same about La Cage. I've been to a couple before and they're great. Can't wait. I hope Emelin plays a super physical game. **** the Bruins!
Just don't aux 3 brasseurs laurier the beer and food is good but there is not enough tv screens, so you would likely not see the game well.

La cage is a good place, Pub St Alexandre on the rue St Jean. If you are in the vieux Québec the pubs are the place to go, if you are in Ste-foy La cage or Archibald are the best places. There's also le cactus but i'm not a huge fan it's pretty crowded but there is a lot of tv sceens.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:07 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
10 - 0 Boston

Rask shutout
Lucic hat trick
Price is chased
Prust gets beat down by Seguin
Galchenyuk demands a trade
Markov tears his ACL
Subban disrespects his teammates
Plekanec is traded for Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond
Therrien quits and is replaced by Lefebvre
Something about smurfs
Can't top this one, best line is the Subban one. You get an "everywhere cocaine" award.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Is recommending la cage aux sports to out-of-towners some new cruel meme i'm not aware of?
They should go to Peel Pub for a nice fresh beer after the game too.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Cage on Blvd Laurier in Quebec is so much better than the one at the Bell Center.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
The Cage on Blvd Laurier in Quebec is so much better than the one at the Bell Center.
It's almost unanimously agreed upon that the entire chain sucks as a whole. Doesn't matter which one you go to. Overpriced and their food is garbage. If you like it, hey, great. It's just that the usual habs fan's opinion is the complete opposite of yours, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for fear that they may jump to the conclusion that it is some sacred Montreal/Quebec hockey watching establishment. We've got better to offer.

@ Whiskey

lol peelpub

Old
02-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Lshap

Quote:
The most fun I ever had at Cage was watching us lose a playoff game to Philly while sitting next to four young guys wearing Flyers jerseys. Great game, good-natured trash talk, and after losing the bet to them and buying them a pitcher of beer they insisted on sharing it with me.

In my experience, visiting fans are (almost) always respectful, even while passionately rooting against us.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Cool, thanks. I would consider living here. It's really a great place. I found out just before coming here that my ancestors are from the area. Turns out I'm a direct descendent of Helene Desportes. It was neat to see the Rigeot house in lower Quebec which is another ancestral root. It all makes sense now why a Toronto kid grew up loving the Habs!
Wow, that must be great finding that out.

Personally even if my French was better I couldn't see myself living anywhere in Quebec except Montreal. QC is great but it's too conservative and isolated for me.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
So true. I feel the same about the myth of QC having the most beautiful women in North America. That might have been true when I lived there 15-20 yrs ago but now I go back and realize everyone converted to the American lifestyle and diet.

When it comes to women, stick to big cities like Mtl, NY, Chicago, etc. Fast-paced lifestyle and lots of walking does wonders.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'd recommend Le station de sport, or whatever. I enjoyed that place. Didn't really like Le cage.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
So true. I feel the same about the myth of QC having the most beautiful women in North America. That might have been true when I lived there 15-20 yrs ago but now I go back and realize everyone converted to the American lifestyle and diet.

When it comes to women, stick to big cities like Mtl, NY, Chicago, etc. Fast-paced lifestyle and lots of walking does wonders.
Was that what people said back then? I've only ever heard that Montreal was the place to be for nice looking ladies, but perhaps you're right. That was some time ago, so maybe I just don't remember.

Don't forget that big cities are generally more multi-cultural than smaller towns. There's someone for everybody's taste

Old
02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Was that what people said back then? I've only ever heard that Montreal was the place to be for nice looking ladies, but perhaps you're right. That was some time ago, so maybe I just don't remember.

Don't forget that big cities are generally more multi-cultural than smaller towns. There's someone for everybody's taste
Thanks for making me feel like I was born during WWII.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Bobby G

Quote:

Ya I always heard it was Montreal never heard Quebec. From an out of province guy, I agree with the Montreal part wowzas.

Super excited for this game. Nothing beats Habs/Bruins, time to get back to our winning ways against them. Depending on how Pittsburgh and Tampa do tonight this could be for 1st in the East

Old
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Kriss E

If you want a tight bar experience, go to Chez Serge.
There's another place on Mt-Royal, Edgar hypertaverne I believe. Your table has a number and if the player with that number scores you get free shots.
Rachel Rachel I went once, and man, it was jammed back with hotties, fun game. But it was 5-7 style during spring, not sure if it's always like that.

But ya, forget La Cage. Sucks. Then there's other cool bars, Ye Olde Orchard I heard was good. Mcleans on peel was always fun too.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you want a tight bar experience, go to Chez Serge.
It's tight alright.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Ya I always heard it was Montreal never heard Quebec. From an out of province guy, I agree with the Montreal part wowzas.

Super excited for this game. Nothing beats Habs/Bruins, time to get back to our winning ways against them. Depending on how Pittsburgh and Tampa do tonight this could be for 1st in the East
You guys just don't remember that when the Nords were here, all the Habs haters in the media would come to QC to cover a Habs-Nords game and rave about the women and how beautiful QC was, how fantastic the Stastny brothers were, how the Habs don't have anybody like Goulet, blah, blah, blah.

The best part if the Nords come back is that we'll lose some of those media people who secretly hate the Habs and they'll go back to covering their favorite team. We'll also lose all the ex-Nords fans who now cheer for the Bruins just out of spite.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
You guys just don't remember that when the Nords were here, all the Habs haters in the media would come to QC to cover a Habs-Nords game and rave about the women and how beautiful QC was, how fantastic the Stastny brothers were, how the Habs don't have anybody like Goulet, blah, blah, blah.

The best part if the Nords come back is that we'll lose some of those media people who secretly hate the Habs and they'll go back to covering their favorite team. We'll also lose all the ex-Nords fans who now cheer for the Bruins just out of spite.
Usually, the smallest the city, the easier it is to get the poontang.
Things evolved however. Mtl is filled with huneys. But nothing will beat some European cities to me, or middle east. There are some seriously out women across the world. But I think fashion has its say in it. I feel like ugly women are disappearing little by little. Make up, cosmetics, plastic surgery, the focus on fitness, sex appeal, revealing clothes, more sex, sex, sex...
Maybe it's just me and my entourage, but damn, there's some hotties.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:57 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Things evolved however. Mtl is filled with huneys. But nothing will beat some European cities to me, or middle east. There are some seriously out women across the world. But I think fashion has its say in it. I feel like ugly women are disappearing little by little. Make up, cosmetics, plastic surgery, the focus on fitness, sex appeal, revealing clothes, more sex, sex, sex...
I have to move to your neighborhood.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
SB164

I like the Burgundy Lion, but I'm not sure if they screen any hockey games. I know they show the EPL though.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Meanwhile, men remain ugly everywhere.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Meanwhile, men remain ugly everywhere.
Natural selection do not push us in that direction.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Natural selection do not push us in that direction.
Natural selection of women = beauty
Natural selection of men = $$$

Old
02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They should go to Peel Pub for a nice fresh beer after the game too.
and some recycled awesome chicken wings!!

Old
02-05-2013, 03:13 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd recommend Le station de sport, or whatever. I enjoyed that place. Didn't really like Le cage.
I agree

it's the same type of atmosphere but with better food and cheaper price.

Closed Thread