HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eric Tangradi

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 10:42 AM
SlyGuy

vCash: 500
Eric Tangradi

With the pickup of Zach Boychuk, it looks like Tangradi is the odd man out on this Penguins team. What kind of return do you think he would fetch from the market?

Old
02-04-2013, 10:43 AM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Will never know his real life trade value from these boards. I'm guessing it's higher than the average answer (lol waive him he has no value) and lower than people who are including him in deals with established NHL players.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Tangradi has the potential but I think he just needs new scenery. He won't get much of a look in if Boychuk works out. So I'd say either an aver F prospect + cond. 6th or a pick.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Little to no return? He's 23 yrs old with only 2 assists in the NHL. If Boychuk, who is younger than Tangradi was a waiver-wire pick-up and took Tangradi's spot on the roster, what's Tangradi's value?

Old
02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

i am trying to be as realistic as possible when i suggest he could be worth a 3rd/4th round pick or something similar.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:51 AM
SlyGuy

Might be nice to get a goalie prospect for him. The Penguins' depth in goal is pretty weak. Perhaps someone like this guy: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...nas_korpisalo/

Perhaps the old "change of scenery" maxim could apply here and the Penguins could take a prospect that hasn't worked out for another team.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Hottubber

On his own, his value isnt very good. Maybe package him with Tyler Kennedy & draft pick

Old
02-04-2013, 10:57 AM
pspot

guy hasn't been able to make it with Crosby or Malkin as his C and they've been looking for wingers

i kept picking him up in my fantasy league but I just don't think he's going to put it together as a top 6. maybe bottom 6, how is he defensively?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGuy View Post
With the pickup of Zach Boychuk, it looks like Tangradi is the odd man out on this Penguins team. What kind of return do you think he would fetch from the market?
A half eaten bag of potato chips. Seriously, every sane Penguin fan knows he has little value - especially for Pittsburgh. At best, maybe someone offers a sixth rounder for a 23-year old reclamation project?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Might be nice to get a goalie prospect for him. The Penguins' depth in goal is pretty weak. Perhaps someone like this guy: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...nas_korpisalo/

Perhaps the old "change of scenery" maxim could apply here and the Penguins could take a prospect that hasn't worked out for another team.
CBJ drafting Korpisalo in the same draft as Dansk and in the same summer as trading for Bobrovsky suggests the team would rather have lots of options for "goalie of the future." While any trade discussions that might theoretically take place between the Pens and jackets would almost certainly include the name Tangradi, I don't believe something gets done, especially not as regards young players being sent from the CBJ organization.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

He does quite alright for himself as a bottom6er, so I guess you should be able to get some sort of late-ish pick for him on his own. You probably could have gotten the same for Boychuk, but it seems rather obvious to me, that their goal was not to get a 6rnd pick, but to get him to Charlotte.

Whether there`ll be a return or not, when it is him who goes, I kind of have my heart set on him becoming a Hurricane.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Fire Shero*

I would be shocked if Shero could pawn him off on another team for anything better than a 5th round pick. Maybe there are other prospects out there who could use a change of scenery? But by himself, he has little to no value.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
As a Vancouver fan, I would be willing to swap one of our "struggling prospects with upside".

One of:

- Anton Rodin
- Yann Sauve
+ a 5th

Old
02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
As a Vancouver fan, I would be willing to swap one of our "struggling prospects with upside".

One of:

- Anton Rodin
- Yann Sauve
+ a 5th
No thanks.

Reason being is, Tangradi at least has value to the Penguins as a 4th line player. I doubt he ever reaches his original potential with the Pens, but it's a short season and there will most likely be holes in the bottom 6 next year. The Pens really have no need for swapping contracts, especially since Rodin wouldn't do much (if anything) and Sauve would be below 15th on the depth chart.

His value really is within a package deal.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Cullksinikers

Bickell for Tangradi?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
BigG44

What about Scott Glennie from Dallas?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:26 PM
BigG44

Honestly .... Boston fans have the same things to say about Caron.

Why not Caron for Tangradi?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Sure, only because it will give fans of both teams one more thing to yap about. Not like it'll matter for either haha.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Durrrrrr

Quote:
hmmm,
If x=0 and x>y... then y must equal sweet f___ all

Old
02-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Cullksinikers

Chicago could use another bottom-six winger with some edge. Bickell and maybe a 7th or a 5th for Tango would be my offer if I were in Bowman's shoes.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Chicago could use another bottom-six winger with some edge. Bickell and maybe a 7th or a 5th for Tango would be my offer if I were in Bowman's shoes.
Why?

You get more from Bickell. They are both similar in size, Bickell has proven he can score sometimes.

Eric Tangradi hardly plays with an edge, you may see it from time to time, but you rarely see him with a huge hit. He may have a couple and may fight here and there (not often).

It wouldn't be a good deal for Chicago.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Cullksinikers

What we get from Bickell is neutral zone turnovers, mental lapses, and an occassional wicked snapshot that usually never tickles the twine.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Zippy316

Eric Tangradi for Jeff Frazee or Maxime Clermont (two Devils goalie prospects).

Someone mentioned the Penguins need goalie prospects, Devils have an abundance and Devils could use a forward.

Frazee has posted good stats for some really bad Albany teams, but has had a couple of freak injuries (skate blade cutting his neck being one of them). Clermont hasn't look so well in the no-defense ECHL, but he's got potential.

Or if not straight up, something along those lines.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Sign me up!

Old
02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
conooper

Tangradi has some upside down the road, I think he believes that he's a top 6, first power play unit guy. Truth is he is a solid bottom-sixer, with size to stand in front of the net.

I don't think he would fetch much in the trade market, with Boychuk actually looking promising on the second or third line, he is definitely making the nightly scratches look a lot more expendable. With that being said, I think the better question of "value" is what could any combination of the following get The Pens to help them now:

Kennedy, Jeffrey, Tangradi, Lovejoy (and draft picks)

Closed Thread