HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 09:56 AM
petesrw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
And 2009 too, wasn't he?
I think in 2009 they had D and Z split mostly, mixing Filppula onto one of their wings or 3rd line center. Filp centered Hossa on line 2 occasionally in the playoffs from what I recall.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySheppard View Post
He's just playing the cards he's been dealt..
Poorly.
Thanks Mike.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Those are the expectations that come when your lifetime deal was the priority that kept Detroit from signing Marian Hossa.
Not his problem. Blame Holland for not making the right decisions.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Poorly.
Thanks Mike.
No Stuart, no Lidstrom, leading the league in man games lost. 2 pts out of what the Wings finished last year. I'll speak for him and say 'you're welcome'.

If this were a full season Datsyuk would be on pace to eclipse his previous season total by 20pts. Just sayin'.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
InjuredChoker

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Holland said Samuelsson is having tests tomorrow. They don't think it's anything more than a day to day injury

Old
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Holland said Samuelsson is having tests tomorrow. They don't think it's anything more than a day to day injury
Okay, I think that is what we said the first two times before he got to the doctor.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:46 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Not his problem. Blame Holland for not making the right decisions.
C'est La Vie

Old
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
No Stuart, no Lidstrom, leading the league in man games lost. 2 pts out of what the Wings finished last year. I'll speak for him and say 'you're welcome'.

If this were a full season Datsyuk would be on pace to eclipse his previous season total by 20pts. Just sayin'.
Datsyuk was generating Hart consideration when he got hurt last year.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:47 PM
JPE123

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
This POS needs to man up. Are you a serious NHL level player or just a rag time hockey *******? Guys is out for over a month with a broken finger. Joey Kocur used to break his fingers regularly

Old
03-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Has Sammy turned into Colaiacovo?

Old
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
dtones520

Quote:

No kidding. I can't for the life of me understand the Babcock criticism on here. What do people expect him to do with this team? A team full of 3-5th defensemen, a team with no legit goal scorers, a team whose been decimated with injuries and yet they are sitting in a playoff spot with 13 games left. I didn't realize it was Babcock who signed the players he coaches. I thought it was his job to get the most out of what he is given, and if I look at everything he has been given he has exceeded my expectations. Considering all we figured this team would finish between 6-10th in the conference when completely healthy.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Townsend Beasley
Mission to Civilize

Wouldnt it be nice to put someone out there who could respond with energy after we get scored on?

Couldve used that today.

No, wait i forgot, Helm is overrated.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:11 PM
aar000n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townsend Beasley View Post
Wouldnt it be nice to put someone out there who could respond with energy after we get scored on?

Couldve used that today.

No, wait i forgot, Helm is overrated.
Speaking if helm. Any news on him?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtones520 View Post
No kidding. I can't for the life of me understand the Babcock criticism on here. What do people expect him to do with this team? A team full of 3-5th defensemen, a team with no legit goal scorers, a team whose been decimated with injuries and yet they are sitting in a playoff spot with 13 games left. I didn't realize it was Babcock who signed the players he coaches. I thought it was his job to get the most out of what he is given, and if I look at everything he has been given he has exceeded my expectations. Considering all we figured this team would finish between 6-10th in the conference when completely healthy.
People have had criticisms of the way he handles lineups. That is definitely on the coach.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:05 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
If the team thought Franzen was the kind of player to put up 70-80 pts and pot 30+ goals every season he'd be making between 5 and 6 million or maybe even more.

Franzen was making $5.5M for the first 2 years of his contract, he's making $5.25M as we speak, and he'll make at least $5M per year until 2016.

He wasn't paid to score 70-80 points per se, but he was paid to score at a 30 goal pace.

Quote:
Franzen will be paid between $5.5 million and $5 million for the first seven seasons of the contract.

"His production over the past year and a half, both regular season and playoffs, has been remarkable and we feel, at 29 years old, that he is just now entering the prime of his career," said general manager Ken Holland.

"We got a cap number that we think is good," Holland said. "On the open market, I think he'd get well into the $5.5s."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4061069

Quote:
"Good security for him, now he's got to continue to evolve his game," coach Mike Babcock said. "You're not just signing him for what he is, you're signing him for what you hope he's going to be. So that means work ethic and determination and skill development and continue to get better so he can be the player we perceive him to be."
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....sign_joha.html

Last edited by detredWINgs: 04-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old
04-01-2013, 12:10 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post

Franzen was making $5.5M for the first 2 years of his contract, he's making $5.25M as we speak, and he'll make at least $5M per year until 2016.

He wasn't paid to score 70-80 points per se, but he was paid to score at a 30 goal pace.
and while he hasn't done that thus far this year,he did just that 5 seasons in a row

for all the whining about Franzen over the years he's been amazingly consistant about his goal scoring paces

Old
04-01-2013, 12:28 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtones520 View Post
He sets the lines and lineup. Holland even made that much clear during the DeKeyser signing. Babcock operates with a certain autonomy that a lot of coaches lack in the league. You can complain about Tatar, but he has found a way to keep Andersson and until today Lashoff up to a huge extent. He tells Kenny they aren't going anywhere. He dictates the minutes a lot of these guys get.

The bigger issue with Babcock for me isn't that I think he is a bad coach, although he has frustrated me at times. The big issue is his extension, which I see no reason to give as 8 years is a long coaching shelf life. I think teams eventually tune guys out or they run out of ideas and need a fresh start. If they extend him, that is when I will truly be surprised. You can do much worse than Mike Babcock, but his message might be overly stale and his ideas and coaching staffs really since McLellan left have been wanting at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
and while he hasn't done that thus far this year,he did just that 5 seasons in a row

for all the whining about Franzen over the years he's been amazingly consistant about his goal scoring paces
Agreed, I understand wanting him to score more, but he does what he does and has been a huge part of this team. He does his role and to the degree they pay him. People treat him like a seven million dollar player and he isn't that. Plus it is his actual cap hit that I care about and the true number they think of him as. Without those extra years to control it and keep it down his figure is higher and hunt away.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:37 AM
NewHabsEra*

Cant find any update on Zetterberg, Is he expected to miss several games?

Old
04-01-2013, 12:53 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Cant find any update on Zetterberg, Is he expected to miss several games?
Groin, he is out at least tomorrow. My guess is longer than they are letting on, would think a couple weeks, but some remain optimistic he will be back later next week

Old
04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Khan:

Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 53s
Zetterberg said tests on his injured groin (happened in Thursday's game) showed "something" and he remains day to day.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:45 AM
InjuredChoker

Well, that doesn't explain why he was bad before that. Either other injury or the Tour de Swiss is really taking it's toll on him.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Hendricks433

Just saw a report on Twitter than Bert is thinking maybe a week but hes not really sure.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:27 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Fire the trainers.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:48 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 30 s
Holland said no time frame on Helm's return. "Everyone is frustrated" he said.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:51 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

And to think Helm was just a few days away from being back...

Closed Thread