HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tyler Seguin

Old
03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
mdonova33

vCash: 500
Tyler Seguin

Before you ask, I understand that Seguin won't actually be traded. I don't believe the B's have any interest whatsoever of trading Seguin. I'm just curious as to what he would fetch in a trade.

Does his play this season bring his value down? What would your team offer for him?

mdonova33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Wheatking

Seguin has 9 points in his last 9 games. I was under the impression he's doing well.

I guess that's HF though. A bad 3 weeks and all is forgotten.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
mdonova33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Seguin has 9 points in his last 9 games. I was under the impression he's doing well.

I guess that's HF though. A bad 3 weeks and all is forgotten.
I'm not talking about points necessarily, more about his play in general. He's been weak along the boards, seems very timid. Doesn't really have an identity (scorer, playmaker, two-way forward) either. I suppose part of that is because he is young, but it's been disheartening to see.

I am in no way advocating for a trade, nor do I think that he will be traded. I've just been curious as to what his value is.

Last edited by mdonova33: 03-07-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonova33 View Post
Before you ask, I understand that Seguin won't actually be traded. I don't believe the B's have any interest whatsoever of trading Seguin. I'm just curious as to what he would fetch in a trade.

Does his play this season bring his value down? What would your team offer for him?
Why are you making this thread? Hes playing very well as of late.

He will never be Bergy like on the boards, but Bergy will never be Seguin-like offensively...you take the mediocre with the good. Seguins defensive play this year is leaps and bounds better than where he was his rookie season, so I'm encouraged.

Seguin will be fine and will likely put up close to a PPG pace this year, nothing to worry about.

What is he worth? A lot. Someone like RNH, Hall, etc. would be in the same ballpark, but neither team would trade their player 1 for 1, so its a moot point.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
I'm not talking about points necessarily, more about his play in general. He's been weak along the boards, seems very timid. Doesn't really have an identity (scorer, playmaker, two-way forward) either. I suppose part of that is because he is young, but it's been disheartening to see.

I am in no way advocating for a trade, nor do I think that he will be traded. I've just been curious as to what his value is.
I think he'll be elite offensively, (right below the Crosbys/Malkins/Stamkos', etc., right with the Halls/Tavares'), and have a defensive game similar to David Krejci...good but not great.

Krejci's board play isnt anything to write home about, but he has developed more strength and confidence as hes grown as a player. Seguin will ONLY improve.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
mdonova33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Why are you making this thread? Hes playing very well as of late.

He will never be Bergy like on the boards, but Bergy will never be Seguin-like offensively...you take the mediocre with the good. Seguins defensive play this year is leaps and bounds better than where he was his rookie season, so I'm encouraged.

Seguin will be fine and will likely put up close to a PPG pace this year, nothing to worry about.

What is he worth? A lot. Someone like RNH, Hall, etc. would be in the same ballpark, but neither team would trade their player 1 for 1, so its a moot point.
I made the thread because I was wondering what other teams think he is worth. I'm not worrying about anything, I was just curious and wanted to ask a few people their opinions...

Old
03-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Wheatking

It's a thread you can't win with. Guys like E. Kane, Duchene and the Oilers players are all about even with Seguin but you're not going to agree to a 1 for 1 deal. You're also not going to a package for a player like Seguin unless it's an overpayment.

So you should really just say, "who should the Bruins package Seguin with to get (name an elite player)?"

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
I made the thread because I was wondering what other teams think he is worth. I'm not worrying about anything, I was just curious and wanted to ask a few people their opinions...
What are you expecting people to say? Hes super good? Hes worth what any other #2 pick who is having success in the league, not that hard. ~Hall/RNH value wise

These threads always turn into troll threads.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:26 AM

JVR 2nd overall, 19 points this season.
Seguin 2nd overall, 15 points this season.

Seguin+ for JVR?

666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post

Seguin+ for JVR?

Gross.

Not in this world.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Gross.

Not in this world.
How bout Seguin and Knight (I assume he busts) for JVR which would mean that the Leafs got Kessel and Seguin for Schenn and Hamilton. For some reason that really cracks me up.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:35 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Gross.

Not in this world.
nothing gets by you, does it?

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post

Seguin+ for JVR?

Meh. I rather keep JVR especially after seeing him play this season. Seguin is a good player no doubt but never grasped the hype maybe its just because he was part of the infamous Kessel trade.

Last edited by Inverted: 03-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Sam Pollock

Lets look at Seguin's value another way. If he had tested the free agent market like O'Reilly did with Colorado, I am sure there would be at least one team (and most likely 9 or 10) that would put an offer sheet of at least $6.5 to 7 million per season for the league maximum in length just along with $8 to 10 million for a signing bonus just to have him. Even then there just might be one team that would make that offer look like chump change.

I don't know what the compensation for a contract would be off hand but the interest would be there for Tyler.

As for trade partners, it's hard to say what a team would part with but it wouldn't be 2nd rounders, bottom 6 forwards, bottom 4 defencemen, back up goalies or 28+ year olds.

Sam Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:

i think its very possible boston will trade this guy. his interviews come off as a bit... questionable. he has already had some issues with team planes or something... late for practice maybe it was? of course he will never be a banger.

i think his awkwardness with the media will prevent him from bonding with the fans and his soft style will eventually get him blamed if things go wrong for the team. I think eventually the fans will turn on him. Eventually it will make sense for the team to deal him just like we did thornton/kessel...

but that day hasnt happened yet. There is no sane reason why boston would take anything less then a massive overpayment for him if they were dealing him today.

think... gretzky/lindros type return... otherwise why bother?

hes not going anywhere today

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
bruins seguin 19*

scotch and eggs for breakfast

seguin , knight and hamilton for kessel? who was the drunk that made this trade? clearly i dont have to tell you guys which side is the better side do i?

bruins seguin 19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:08 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

I am at my absolute wits end with this over-the-top criticism of Seguin in this town.

Admittedly, the kid got off to a slow start this year after a VERY GOOD sophomore season. But the sensationalist media in Boston has perpetuated this myth, or controversy if you want to call it that, that Seguin is somehow not progressing at the proper rate, or that he is not playing up to his potential.

I call complete BS on that.

As I said, he got off to a slow start, but he has 9 points in the last 9 games, is three points off of the team lead in scoring, and is tied for the team lead in plus/minus at +14.

The kid is playing out of position and on a team that preaches defense first, and his number suffer a bit because of it. But his numbers will be there in the end, that I am convinced of.

And this whole idea that he is, "soft on along the boards," and isn't "competing hard enough," has been so overblown. He was definitely pressing early in the season and lost his game a bit, but he has been very good as of late. I thought he was the best player on the ice against Montreal, and overall, that was one of his best games as a pro.

The media just loves to jump on this kid because it's a good story, but if they're pushing the idea that he isn't progressing and isn't competing, then they don't know what the hell they are watching.

Boston would be completely foolish to even entertain the thought of trading him.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:11 AM

This is not a describe Seguin and come up for excuses why he's not so great thread. It's a value thread. Post what his value is in terms of other hockey assets.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
david999

He is probably worth Kadri even up at this stage, considering contract as well.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Meh. I rather keep JVR especially after seeing him play this season. Seguin is a good player no doubt but never grasped the hype maybe its just because he was part of the infamous Kessel trade.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
Seguin is worth alot more than Kadri.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:36 AM
bb_fan

Quote:

didnt this same thread just drop off the baords a week or two ago?

is it really necessary to go there again?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously????? 2 is lower than 7.

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:47 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

Funny but Seguin has become quite a good defensive player. He is learning a lot from Bergeron. His offensive play is really starting to take off now as well.

I have no idea what he is worth but it would take a tremendous offer from someone to get him from Boston right now.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:50 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
This reminds me of when some Leaf fans continually told us how Bozak was worth more than Krejci.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote