HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

There's been some talk...

View Poll Results: Would You buy an orange alternative?
Yes 21 58.33%
No 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-04-2013, 07:30 PM
goalsniper91

vCash: 500
There's been some talk...

There's been some talk on the main board about our black jerseys. I personally don't mind them, but I wouldn't buy one... I've always thought that the obvious third jersey would be a reversal of the blue and orange home jersey, by simply switching the orange and blue. For example something like this:

Would you/would you not buy one?

goalsniper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
NYI JT91

Its alot like what Chicago and phialdephia did with their third jerseys.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
I have never liked the all orange jersey. Orange just seems like Philly a little too much for my tastes. It also reminds me of the Great Pumpkin which is funny in a bad way.

Maybe if they somehow blended the black and orange...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Isles Junkie

I'd gladly buy that jersey. Though I'm not a huge fan of the nameplate

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:13 PM
RWWallpaper

...how about we just wear home and away Jerseys like we did for 20 years before we started all this Jersey BS back with the Fisherman nonsense?

Never understood the need for 42 different Jerseys...

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWWallpaper View Post
...how about we just wear home and away Jerseys like we did for 20 years before we started all this Jersey BS back with the Fisherman nonsense?

I own an original 'home white' and 'road blue' (I still view them that way, even though its backwards now). I will never buy another style.

Obviously with the bolded above, they are not catering to me, and are looking to sell 1,000 different jersey types to kids across the globe. No Thanks.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
We Want The de

No, but its better than the black ones for sure. I vote we just don't have third jerseys unless they're nice blue ones.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

I like that design. Looks like the old orange ones but a cleaner design. This is coming from someone who hates the black jerseys more than anything so pretty much anything besides a t-shirt or a potato sack is better than those to me.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
19NYSports91

No, I wouldn't buy one, but it's 10 times better than the black one.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:

To make money...

Old
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

I never understood the jersey craze.. I own 1 home original white jersey I got back in 94. The saddest thing is the Islanders have gotten the 3rd jersey wrong so many times! Why wont they learn??

Fishsticks to puke orange to the Crip Color black and blue mixed with grey and orange. I laugh when I see people wearing these things.. kids are starving in the world and you spent money on this?

I own a white original and its all I need... God knows what monstrosity they will commit when we move to Brooklyn. Maybe with the added revenue we can hire a fashion designer and not let some Kingsborough Community college intern - No more Hofstra interns design the thing

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:24 PM
RWWallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
To make money...
I realize that...I was speaking to those who feel the need to have a million different versions of their teams jersey...I just never saw the need for it. Give me the old school colors, home and away versions, and I'm all set.

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:24 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Tampa Island

I LOVE orange jerseys. My Isles old alt is still my favorite.

I really hoped for an orange this time around, and I wasn't at all mad about the color scheme. I love it, I think they jersey looks really cool. But it just needs a logo in the middle, not that stupid basketball look.

We need a secondary logo to use.

Take a new secondary, trade out the stupid wordmark, and I'll buy the black jersey tomorrow.

But given the option I'd rather have an orange jersey. I don't like the different colored nameplate though. But an orange alt using the current logo would be good, but an orange jersey with secondary logo would be great. I've always liked a patch I have that took the NY out of the logo. Utilize that and it would be awesome.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:38 PM
wingnutks

My bro had a cool idea, kinda off topic, but for an entire season teams play with there original home and away jerseys from when they first got in the league.

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:38 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

If the orange jerseys had more blue, I'd be all about it and probably buy one. Orange makes me think too much of Philly.....if they make a decent black jersey, I'd be okay with it.

I still like the mock-ups that came about when the Brooklyn announcement was made. Now THOSE could work in a black jersey.....maybe with orange piping and definitely MORE blue.

I actually wouldn't be against more incorporation of green, actually. Cheeseball as it may be, certain aspects of the Fisherman jersey still appeal to me. Some arrangement of green, blue and orange come off to me as water/sunrise colors.....it may come off as sacrilege to some, but sea green can still come off to me as respectable.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:41 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
I realize that...I was speaking to those who feel the need to have a million different versions of their teams jersey...I just never saw the need for it. Give me the old school colors, home and away versions, and I'm all set.
Yea, I don't see the need for it either. But the fact that people do need to get it is why they keep putting them out there. Maybe if they come up with one that is good, enough people will buy it and we can afford to get another player.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:07 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Oh my bad lol. I have bad luck with Jerseys in all sports so I have like 2 blank jerseys. Not to worry I'll be getting my Trottier jersey soon(I love the white jersey so I'll prob just get that).

Old
02-04-2013, 11:12 PM
lost35*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalsniper91 View Post
There's been some talk on the main board about our black jerseys. I personally don't mind them, but I wouldn't buy one... I've always thought that the obvious third jersey would be a reversal of the blue and orange home jersey, by simply switching the orange and blue. For example something like this:

Would you/would you not buy one?
I will take the Fisherman Jersey over those Pumpkin Outfits again, couldn't stand when we wore them back in the day, really hope we never go back

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Not a fan.. Blue or White thats it for me.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:15 AM
SouthShore91

I think the way to fix the black jersey is either add the primary or some new secondary logo to the front. At the very least get rid of the numbers. Honestly, with just "Islanders" across the front I would consider buying one. The number on the front though ruins it for me.

EDIT: Also swap out the grey for white

SouthShore91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:33 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post

I own an original 'home white' and 'road blue' (I still view them that way, even though its backwards now). I will never buy another style.

Obviously with the bolded above, they are not catering to me, and are looking to sell 1,000 different jersey types to kids across the globe. No Thanks.
Ya know who always had THE BEST, and I mean ABSOLUTE BEST third jerseys?

Detroit. Montreal.
THEY SELL HOCKEY, not merchandising.

And we're gonna have yet another peachy keen third jersey for everyone to make fun of.

Again.

I like Detroit and Montreal's thirds.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote