HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 10

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
  #1
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,600
vCash: 500
NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 10

Continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1257189
Part 2: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1263001
Part 3: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1265443
Part 4: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1269083
Part 5: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1272091
Part 6: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1275201
Part 7: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1278853
Part 8: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1285101
Part 9: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1313357

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 03:14 PM
  #2
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 5,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Anyone else miss last year's HUT? A big part of the game was training young players up and getting them on those cheap contracts in order to build a powerhouse team. Now nearly every non-NHL superstar is completely irrelevant. You can get them on duration training but it's not the same.

I also don't like the fact that 75% of the NHL is rated between 80-85 and you can purchase them for 10,000 pucks and below. I like that guys like Crosby and Stamkos are rare and pricey, but I want some in between. NHL'ers rated 84 and 85 shouldn't be going for 500-2,000 pucks, and there shouldn't be Euro leaguers and young prospects who are practically available for free. I'd like to see it so that every player is utilized and there's a clearer price scale and a skill scale to match.

It shouldn't be so easy to build a team of star NHL'ers. This mode could be so much more deep and complex but it seems like EA sacrificed that so that everyone can have all their favorite players.

bigwillie is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
  #3
MattyMo35
Moderator
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,163
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
Anyone else miss last year's HUT? A big part of the game was training young players up and getting them on those cheap contracts in order to build a powerhouse team. Now nearly every non-NHL superstar is completely irrelevant. You can get them on duration training but it's not the same.

I also don't like the fact that 75% of the NHL is rated between 80-85 and you can purchase them for 10,000 pucks and below. I like that guys like Crosby and Stamkos are rare and pricey, but I want some in between. NHL'ers rated 84 and 85 shouldn't be going for 500-2,000 pucks, and there shouldn't be Euro leaguers and young prospects who are practically available for free. I'd like to see it so that every player is utilized and there's a clearer price scale and a skill scale to match.

It shouldn't be so easy to build a team of star NHL'ers. This mode could be so much more deep and complex but it seems like EA sacrificed that so that everyone can have all their favorite players.
You had me until the bold part lol. I think it's much more difficult to build a great team this year than it has been in the past. There were so many young players that were easy to boost up to 97-99 overall. When you played the best teams, it was always boosted prospects to 99 overall teams, and the occasional legend. I preferred the older versions of HUT too. The only things that you can buy or sell for a decent amount are high end players. In previous games, big contracts could sell for a lot, +5All's sold for a lot, prospects sold for a lot because they were easy to boost up, while star players sold for a lot because they were star players lol.

It will never happen, but I hope they try to implement some of the stuff that Madden Ultimate Team has done. The collections are awesome, the legends are awesome, everything about Madden Ultimate Team is awesome with the exception that you have to play football lol. I'm sure next year will be the same recycled garbage.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
  #4
RW8
Registered User
 
RW8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
I like the no career and no training part of the game this year. I agree about all the ratings and pricing though. I would like to see more of a variety between the ratings, each team would feel more individual that way.

I also think they should adjust the star system. It's too easy to get up to a 5-star team so technically you're rated the same as a 1 million dollar team but much weaker.

I couldn't get into previous versions of Madden HUT because I felt like getting through a game just took too long.

RW8 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
  #5
Falco5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8 View Post
I like the no career and no training part of the game this year. I agree about all the ratings and pricing though. I would like to see more of a variety between the ratings, each team would feel more individual that way.

I also think they should adjust the star system. It's too easy to get up to a 5-star team so technically you're rated the same as a 1 million dollar team but much weaker.

I couldn't get into previous versions of Madden HUT because I felt like getting through a game just took too long.
I agree with the bolded part. There is a big difference between a team that is barely 5*s and a team full of legends. I don't know that there is much that EA can do though. It already takes a long time to find an opponent, and if EA further restricts which teams you can get matched up against it will take even longer.

Falco5 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
  #6
afinch1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
i swear when this game wants you to lose it is destined to make you. 1-1 tie with 2 minutes on a bs goal in the first. weird stuff happens, ill let that one go. 2 goals in the 3rd and im down 3-1 with 3 min left. I fight and do everything I can and somehow tie it up with 12 sec left. I think ok, I did it. a faceoff and a little d and ill be in OT. BUT NO! The game suddenly realizes i have tried to defy its destiny of winning this game and a 4th liner from the lightning takes a last second shot nearly parallel to the goal. somehow my SOTW howard is dumbfounded by a waist high shot right at him and it sails right in with .6 sec left. SERIOUSLY WFT!!

afinch1992 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  #7
Alex72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a SOTW semin? I'm looking for one and I have Semin, Pominville, Roy, Havlat, Grabner and Lupul that I can give up! Oh and Eriksson! On xbox

Alex72 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
  #8
JaredCowenFan
#GenieArmy
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
**** EA Sports. They're an absolute garbage "company" that is a big load of scum.

They deserve to rott in hell.

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
  #9
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 5,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
You had me until the bold part lol. I think it's much more difficult to build a great team this year than it has been in the past. There were so many young players that were easy to boost up to 97-99 overall. When you played the best teams, it was always boosted prospects to 99 overall teams, and the occasional legend. I preferred the older versions of HUT too. The only things that you can buy or sell for a decent amount are high end players. In previous games, big contracts could sell for a lot, +5All's sold for a lot, prospects sold for a lot because they were easy to boost up, while star players sold for a lot because they were star players lol.

It will never happen, but I hope they try to implement some of the stuff that Madden Ultimate Team has done. The collections are awesome, the legends are awesome, everything about Madden Ultimate Team is awesome with the exception that you have to play football lol. I'm sure next year will be the same recycled garbage.
I agree with you on that part. I don't mean that it's harder to assemble a team of high overall players (it was indeed way easier in 12), it's just easier to fill your team with big name players in this iteration.

You should have to work your way up from untrained young prospects to minor leaguers to Euro leaguers to bottom-line NHL'ers to Superstars.

It shouldn't be a huge process working your way up, but I don't like that fact that all these junior, minor, and Euro leaguers are in HUT but are practically useless. Everyone is fielding the same teams of above average to superstar NHL'ers and it's getting a little bland. Any player not 84/85 and above with above average speed is worthless.

Give me more variety please.

And yes, working with the team from Madden would be a huge boost for the franchise. Great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
**** EA Sports. They're an absolute garbage "company" that is a big load of scum.

They deserve to rott in hell.
Complain if you want, but jesus, this is a little too far.

Make a better hockey game yourself if you're so indignant.

bigwillie is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
  #10
afinch1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
WTF! why have the price of change teams doubled or even tripled?!?! there is nothing below 1300 right now!

afinch1992 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 06:38 PM
  #11
JaredCowenFan
#GenieArmy
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
I agree with you on that part. I don't mean that it's harder to assemble a team of high overall players (it was indeed way easier in 12), it's just easier to fill your team with big name players in this iteration.

You should have to work your way up from untrained young prospects to minor leaguers to Euro leaguers to bottom-line NHL'ers to Superstars.

It shouldn't be a huge process working your way up, but I don't like that fact that all these junior, minor, and Euro leaguers are in HUT but are practically useless. Everyone is fielding the same teams of above average to superstar NHL'ers and it's getting a little bland. Any player not 84/85 and above with above average speed is worthless.

Give me more variety please.

And yes, working with the team from Madden would be a huge boost for the franchise. Great idea.



Complain if you want, but jesus, this is a little too far.

Make a better hockey game yourself if you're so indignant.
I can have my own opinion, and trust me there is people who think/want to worse.

I have my own opinion, but you sure don't think it has a voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what's this with a PS4. What's so significent about this one? All I saw from the "teaser" was "cool" shapes floating... I don't think I'm buying it..

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 06:56 PM
  #12
MattyMo35
Moderator
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,163
vCash: 50
They will force you to buy a PS4 or 720 if you want to play console games. They will just stop making games for PS3 and 360. It's how it's always been.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
  #13
JumboThornton92
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Well, there will likely be a NHL 14 and possibly 15 on the PS3. The PS2 lived for a little while once the PS3 came into play

JumboThornton92 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
  #14
page03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Looking for a patty Kane or hossa. Have some cards to trade such as myers, pietrangelo x2, voracek, nabokov, helm, Boyle, burrows and hamuis. I also have a bit of pucks to work something out.

page03 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
  #15
JaredCowenFan
#GenieArmy
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
They will force you to buy a PS4 or 720 if you want to play console games. They will just stop making games for PS3 and 360. It's how it's always been.
That is not right. This will not happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This game is absolute garbage. HUT is the worst mode in history of all NHL games. I'm playing a game and my goalie just randomly goes out of the net to the bench "Empty Net" and he scores and wins. I didn't even pull the goalie. How does this even happen.......

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:05 PM
  #16
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 5,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
I can have my own opinion, and trust me there is people who think/want to worse.

I have my own opinion, but you sure don't think it has a voice.
I certainly respect your opinion that the game sucks or whatever.

I don't respect your opinion that the creators can "rott in hell." There's no need for personal attacks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
That is not right. This will not happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This game is absolute garbage. HUT is the worst mode in history of all NHL games. I'm playing a game and my goalie just randomly goes out of the net to the bench "Empty Net" and he scores and wins. I didn't even pull the goalie. How does this even happen.......
Maybe you accidentally hit the "pull goalie" button combo? Maybe you just need to adjust the sliders? Maybe you just are really bad at the game?


Last edited by bigwillie: 02-04-2013 at 08:12 PM.
bigwillie is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
  #17
JaredCowenFan
#GenieArmy
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
i certainly respect your opinion that the game sucks or whatever.

I don't respect your opinion that the creators can "rott in hell." there's no need for personal attacks.




Maybe you accidentally hit the "pull goalie" button combo? Maybe you just need to adjust the sliders? Maybe you just are really bad at the game?
nvm..


Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 02-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.
JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
  #18
MatshasmagicMitts
Registered User
 
MatshasmagicMitts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
four gold jumbos and my best cards were tim connolly and steve ott, hell one pack didn't even have a rare player in it...shove it up your ass ea

MatshasmagicMitts is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 09:29 PM
  #19
JumboThornton92
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Just took a glitch goaler all start team to 6-4, I lost of course...

JumboThornton92 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
  #20
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
I certainly respect your opinion that the game sucks or whatever.

I don't respect your opinion that the creators can "rott in hell." There's no need for personal attacks.
EA can suck it. They never bother to fix what's wrong with their games yet people continue to throw money at them. There's still glitches in this game that were in NHL 11. NHL 11!!! This game has so many problems it's not even funny and EA will never fix the problems unless they start losing money because of it.

And you say there's no need for personal attacks yet you accuse JCF of being bad at the game? Typical hypocrite.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 10:15 PM
  #21
spacemunky
Registered User
 
spacemunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatshasmagicMitts View Post
four gold jumbos and my best cards were tim connolly and steve ott, hell one pack didn't even have a rare player in it...shove it up your ass ea
That sounds like the packs I get. I regret it every single time. I went for one of those "rare" packs this weekend and got a Mike Green and a couple other not horrible cards which I was able to sell and get Tavares for my top line. So basically, I paid 10 bucks for him

spacemunky is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
  #22
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 5,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
EA can suck it. They never bother to fix what's wrong with their games yet people continue to throw money at them. There's still glitches in this game that were in NHL 11. NHL 11!!! This game has so many problems it's not even funny and EA will never fix the problems unless they start losing money because of it.

And you say there's no need for personal attacks yet you accuse JCF of being bad at the game? Typical hypocrite.
Are. You. ****ing. Kidding. Me.

He wants EA to "rott in hell" because they're "scum." I suggested maybe he stop *****ing about the game that he's losing at and do something about, whether it's making his own game or, you know, just getting better at it. I wasn't attacking him, and if you really think I was attacking him personally I wasn't telling him to die and burn in hell. I told him to blaming everything on the game and maybe step up his own game.

I'm not here to defend EA, you certainly have a point that they pump out a lot of the same **** year after year as a desperate money grab, but give me a break.

bigwillie is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 10:49 PM
  #23
JaredCowenFan
#GenieArmy
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
Are. You. ****ing. Kidding. Me.

He wants EA to "rott in hell" because they're "scum." I suggested maybe he stop *****ing about the game that he's losing at and do something about, whether it's making his own game or, you know, just getting better at it. I wasn't attacking him, and if you really think I was attacking him personally I wasn't telling him to die and burn in hell. I told him to blaming everything on the game and maybe step up his own game.

I'm not here to defend EA, you certainly have a point that they pump out a lot of the same **** year after year as a desperate money grab, but give me a break.
I don't need to get better at it. How about just igonoring my post. It seams like you're sticking up for them.

I'm done fighting as I don't wanna get banned for spouting my opinion, unless this Website is like all the others..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a POSITIVE note I'm close to nailing down an Eberle SOTW. Alllmmooosssttt.

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:07 AM
  #24
JaredCowenFan
#GenieArmy
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Sold off some players and picked up Havlat SOTW among others.

Does anyone know a 99 Chemistry between PWF - SNP - TWF?

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:09 AM
  #25
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Sold off some players and picked up Havlat SOTW among others.

Does anyone know a 99 Chemistry between PWF - SNP - TWF?
Having a PWF and a SNP on the same line will never result in 99 chemistry (although personally I think a PWF - PLY - SNP line deserves to have max chemistry). Closest possibilities are:

TWF - PLY - SNP
TWF - PLY - PWF
TWF - TWF - GRN

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.