HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 10

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 03:44 AM
  #926
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
Make a second account, send a trade from it, accept the trade on the main account.
This. Got pissed this weekend and put up my Gagne and Duchene for sale out of spite. Regretted it about 15 minutes later since I'd had them since I started HUT on 13. Went to my 2nd account, offered a trade, went back to my main account and accepted it. Then did it again to transfer the players back to my main account.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:00 AM
  #927
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Still trying to get a handle on the market and best uses of my pucks.

Doing OK for one week in thanks to these threads.

Thanks to those who helped others who asked my questions before I had to

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:07 AM
  #928
NoahFecks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
I hated SOTW Rinne, fatigued after one game and let in really weak goals. Went back to Kipppersoff, he dosent let in weak from the blue line goals. Traded Rinne for SOTW Karl. Got Fasth too... Yeah...

NoahFecks is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 09:17 AM
  #929
Juusho
Registered User
 
Juusho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juusho View Post
Anybody have a Scott Nichol they'd like to sell for about 2000 pucks?
Still looking, also would like to get Ty Rattie.

Juusho is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 09:29 AM
  #930
presidentCarter
The Price is Wrong
 
presidentCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
Make a second account, send a trade from it, accept the trade on the main account.
Thanks guys, I'm still trying to figure out the lowest I'll have the 99 Crosby go for before I take him off the auction. Currently there's a bid of 1.25 million with about 8 hours left, but no new significant trade offers. There's 3 others on the market, 2 have 2 days left & the other one ends about 3 hours before mine..

What have you guys seen 99 Crosby's go for? Is 1.25 too low? Think a lot more will be given out until next Saturday? Any input much appreciated

presidentCarter is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
  #931
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentCarter View Post
Thanks guys, I'm still trying to figure out the lowest I'll have the 99 Crosby go for before I take him off the auction. Currently there's a bid of 1.25 million with about 8 hours left, but no new significant trade offers. There's 3 others on the market, 2 have 2 days left & the other one ends about 3 hours before mine..

What have you guys seen 99 Crosby's go for? Is 1.25 too low? Think a lot more will be given out until next Saturday? Any input much appreciated
I haven't seen any sell, they get traded or the owner pulls them. I wouldn't take less than 1,000,000 pucks AND about 500,000 in assets.

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
  #932
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
I wonder what happened to my trade offer of Edler + 7500 pucks for a SOTW Garrison that was for 20,000 BID/25,000 BIN. The auction ended at 5:22am CST

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
  #933
NoahFecks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentCarter View Post
Thanks guys, I'm still trying to figure out the lowest I'll have the 99 Crosby go for before I take him off the auction. Currently there's a bid of 1.25 million with about 8 hours left, but no new significant trade offers. There's 3 others on the market, 2 have 2 days left & the other one ends about 3 hours before mine..

What have you guys seen 99 Crosby's go for? Is 1.25 too low? Think a lot more will be given out until next Saturday? Any input much appreciated
One sold Friday for 1.6 mil

NoahFecks is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  #934
presidentCarter
The Price is Wrong
 
presidentCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Weren't they just released on Saturday?

Yeah I was thinking that too... Around 1.5 mill...

presidentCarter is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  #935
WickedSlapper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Had about 70k in pucks...worked hard trying to build that up. Then the stupid announcement with 99 Sids came out and I couldn't help but trying to land one. Spent about 50k pucks on packs and got a JayBo and some change team cards, that's it. Feel pretty horrible right about now!

WickedSlapper is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
  #936
ChillX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
91 Vanek and the buffalo collection up for trade.

ChillX is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
  #937
NoahFecks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentCarter View Post
Weren't they just released on Saturday?

Yeah I was thinking that too... Around 1.5 mill...
must have been Saturday night, couldn't remember. He was posted for 500k, but their was a huge bidding war for him. It went for awhile before he sold (Was Fun to Watch)
PS3 if it matters.

NoahFecks is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:13 PM
  #938
NoahFecks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSlapper View Post
Had about 70k in pucks...worked hard trying to build that up. Then the stupid announcement with 99 Sids came out and I couldn't help but trying to land one. Spent about 50k pucks on packs and got a JayBo and some change team cards, that's it. Feel pretty horrible right about now!
I spent 140k on the value packs and 3 Gold Packs.. Got Henrik Sedin and Mike Green.. Wish i would of just tried to buy Gaborik like i'd planned.

NoahFecks is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
  #939
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahFecks View Post
I spent 140k on the value packs and 3 Gold Packs.. Got Henrik Sedin and Mike Green.. Wish i would of just tried to buy Gaborik like i'd planned.
That's why I buy players with pucks and packs with money.

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
  #940
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juusho View Post
Still looking, also would like to get Ty Rattie.
I have 4 Nichols, but I wont sell them for less then 4gs

Parrish is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
  #941
MovesLikeJagr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
I have 4 Nichols, but I wont sell them for less then 4gs
Why are players like him so expensive? I had to pay a 1000 and 1500 for drayson bowman and jay Harrison, and I think I got a deal on them, they were posted for 4 or 5k.

MovesLikeJagr is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
  #942
seeitsaveit13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
Still trying to get a handle on the market and best uses of my pucks.

Doing OK for one week in thanks to these threads.

Thanks to those who helped others who asked my questions before I had to

Agreed. I'm a week in and there's been some very helpful guys on here. I hate joining a game late like this, you feel dumb for asking some of the questions that should make perfect sense.

seeitsaveit13 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
  #943
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Went to bed put my Ekman-Larsson SOTW up. It sold. Woke up. BID and picked up a SOTW Carle. Perfect timing. The best thing about it was he was Position Changed to a RD, which I would've had to if I won the LD version. And he was Change Team'ed to the Sens. And I switch all my Defence to Ottawa so I saved about a good $6-7K.

So 3 new added players in the last couple days. Update coming inna bit.

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
  #944
Fire Dumboer
Registered User
 
Fire Dumboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Just got a SOTW Lecavalier for 48k, hoping to sell for 55k or more

Fire Dumboer is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
  #945
WickedSlapper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
What packs do you guys typically buy? The Gold (7500 pucks) or the Premium Gold (15,000). Do you guys jump on those promo packs that come out like the one that's out now? Or do you stick to the regular packs?

Also, a tip for some of the newer guys on here. Whenever I'm having trouble figuring out the market for a certain card I'm interested in selling, I'll do a search for the card and add every single one I find that's for sale to my watch list. Then check out the various prices they've sold for. I've found that if your patient enough, you will most likely sell at a similar level as the highest price paid on your watchlist.

WickedSlapper is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:04 PM
  #946
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Just got a SOTW Lecavalier for 48k, hoping to sell for 55k or more
Nicee. Your on XBOX though, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSlapper View Post
What packs do you guys typically buy? The Gold (7500 pucks) or the Premium Gold (15,000). Do you guys jump on those promo packs that come out like the one that's out now? Or do you stick to the regular packs?

Also, a tip for some of the newer guys on here. Whenever I'm having trouble figuring out the market for a certain card I'm interested in selling, I'll do a search for the card and add every single one I find that's for sale to my watch list. Then check out the various prices they've sold for. I've found that if your patient enough, you will most likely sell at a similar level as the highest price paid on your watchlist.
ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS buy the Promo Packs if you're going to Buy HUT Packs.. Unless you have a few extra thousand and are Drunk, that's what I've done, LOL. In all seriousness, yeah. Don't go buying the regulars 24/7, you'll usually just get bit. Promo's are the way to go. Usually the more expensive ones are the ones that give the goodies, though. That's coming from past experiences.

And yeah that's a good way to work the market. Or you could just find a couple that have the same BIN Price and go off that. There's also the HUTDB, with all the prices on all cards and stuff.

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
  #947
Fire Dumboer
Registered User
 
Fire Dumboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Nicee. Your on XBOX though, right?
Yeah I am on Xbox

Fire Dumboer is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:29 PM
  #948
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 2357
Still looking for that SOTW Karlsson or SOTW Pietrangelo on Xbox. And the reason cards like Scotty Nichol go for so much is because usually those lower end players on the team are the ones you get in the free pack you get when you start a HUT team and get 3 low tier players of your favorite team. You cannot trade cards you got out of free packs and since you cant trade them when most people get a card and cant sen't it to collection they just quick sell without realizing it.

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
  #949
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Still looking for that SOTW Karlsson or SOTW Pietrangelo on Xbox. And the reason cards like Scotty Nichol go for so much is because usually those lower end players on the team are the ones you get in the free pack you get when you start a HUT team and get 3 low tier players of your favorite team. You cannot trade cards you got out of free packs and since you cant trade them when most people get a card and cant sen't it to collection they just quick sell without realizing it.
Isn't it 3 random players, not just 3 low-tier ones?

When I opened mine I got Chris Mason, Ron Hainsey and Blake Wheeler

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:49 PM
  #950
Juusho
Registered User
 
Juusho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
Isn't it 3 random players, not just 3 low-tier ones?

When I opened mine I got Chris Mason, Ron Hainsey and Blake Wheeler
It's 3 players with 83 or below overalls.

Juusho is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.