HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

spfan's 2013 NHL Mock Draft - February

Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 AM
spfan

vCash: 500
spfan's 2013 NHL Mock Draft - February

1.CBJ - F Nathan MacKinnon
2.BUF - D Seth Jones
3.WSH - F Jonathan Drouin
4.FLA - F Aleksander Barkov
5.WPG - F Elias Lindholm
6.CGY - F Sean Monahan
7.COL - D Ryan Pulock
8.NYI - F Hunter Shinkaruk
9.EDM - D Rasmus Ristolainen
10.CAR - F Adam Erne
11.MIN - F Anthony Mantha
12.CBJ(from LA) - F Curtis Lazar
13.CBJ(from NYR) - F Valeri Nichushkin
14.PHI - D Darnell Nurse
15.DET- D Nikita Zadorov
16.DAL - F Max Domi
17.SJ - D Josh Morrissey
18.PHX - F Kerby Rychel
19.TBL F Arturri Lehkonen
20.NSH - F Jacob de-la-Rose
21.TOR - F Frederik Gauthier
22.STL - D Robert Hagg
23.BOS - F Bo Horvat
24.OTT - D Mirco Mueller
25.NJ - G Zach Fucale
26.PIT - F Ryan Hartman
27.VAN - F Andre Burakovsky
28.AHM - D Ian McCoshen
29.MTL - F Anthony Duclair
30.CHI - G Eric Comrie

Last edited by spfan: 02-24-2013 at 10:02 AM.
spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:23 AM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
de la Rose at 20 seems very high.
Wennberg needs to be in the Top 30. 11th on TSN List
Also do not think that Comrie will be taken in the first round

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
I'd rather take Barkov over Drouin.

Dr John Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 AM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
de la Rose at 20 seems very high.
Wennberg needs to be in the Top 30. 11th on TSN List
Also do not think that Comrie will be taken in the first round
He's an all-around type player, that Nashville covets.

Wennberg is overrated. One of the oldest players in the draft, not playing in the SEL yet either and Filip Forsberg is barely older than him and is way better than him and he even slipped to 11th last year, which was also a weaker draft class at that too.

We'll see. Chicago could add another d-man, they certainly are set with forwards...

Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 AM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
one day you will look back on that comment and laugh

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:58 AM
bigtimehockeyfan999

jesus chrsit i want drouin..how do we get drouin..somebody do something..please...we need drouin

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:58 AM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
EXTREMELY tough to pick. Honestly, the top 4 are all elite players.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
I watch a lot of Mooseheads games and I really like Drouin, but I'd rather have the big center, especially if Ribeiro isn't re-signed.

Dr John Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:33 AM
stayinalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post

Wennberg is overrated. One of the oldest players in the draft, not playing in the SEL yet either and Filip Forsberg is barely older than him and is way better than him and he even slipped to 11th last year, which was also a weaker draft class at that too.

We'll see. Chicago could add another d-man, they certainly are set with forwards...
Your comment about Wennberg is ridiculous. Watch him play. He is easily a first rounder. He could be a Top 15 Pick or even Top 10

Old
02-24-2013, 10:47 AM
spfan

Quote:
Your comment about Wennberg is ridiculous. Watch him play. He is easily a first rounder. He could be a Top 15 Pick or even Top 10
That's not much of a point you had there...
The "general consensus" is that he's a top 20 player anyways, not top 10.
He was nearly 2012 eligible you know? Filip Forsberg was nearly 2013 eligible. Compare them together. They play in the same league, played on the same WJC team too. If Forsberg can be a top 5 and fall to 11th, Wennberg being a top 20 he can "fall" out of the 1st round even. I already think he's an early 2nd rounder anyways. I don't hate the guy btw, there's just 30 better players in my opinion.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:40 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Do not like Domi to the Stars.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:

You can't use his age as an argument, Anthony Mantha and Ryan Hartman are both older than and they're in your top-30. Also, it's not his fault he isn't in the SEL... he plays for Djurgardens in Allsvenskan, which is one step lower than the Swedish Elite League. They work in demotion/promotion, so if you're on a bad team then you're basically screwed.

Might I also say that Leksands, Filip Forsberg's team, is also in Allsvenskan. And also on that team is Jacob de La Rose, who you have at 20.

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
HOUSUTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
really? why is that? i guess you never saw barkov playin

HOUSUTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Water Knight

If the Ducks are taking D with their pick, I'd rather have Shea Theodore
,although D Ian McCoshen is a good player.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I love Morrissey, I have no problem taking him as a left-handed PMD with high offensive upside is a need for the Sharks. I'd rather Gauthier though.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:53 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
You can't use his age as an argument, Anthony Mantha and Ryan Hartman are both older than and they're in your top-30. Also, it's not his fault he isn't in the SEL... he plays for Djurgardens in Allsvenskan, which is one step lower than the Swedish Elite League. They work in demotion/promotion, so if you're on a bad team then you're basically screwed.

Might I also say that Leksands, Filip Forsberg's team, is also in Allsvenskan. And also on that team is Jacob de La Rose, who you have at 20.
The difference between him and the other older player is size, playing the NA style already, Mantha for sure is having a better season.

Exactly, my point is, Forsberg IS playing in the same league and you can see how much better he is. Forsberg is a few months older, that's all and the difference is huge!
Wennberg is not producing at an unbelievable rate either. Filip Forsberg last year was producing better than Wennberg is this year. Not to mention more intangibles.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:55 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Do not like Domi to the Stars.
BPA, high upside, will replace Roy or allow Benn to move to LW again. They're a team in serious need of a center. Faksa is nothing special. Likely a 3rd line center at the NHL level.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:57 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
If the Ducks are taking D with their pick, I'd rather have Shea Theodore
,although D Ian McCoshen is a good player.
I like Shea Theodore a lot and he's quite underrated, but with his defensive game, he's a risky pick for the 1st round. He'd be a good pick in the early 2nd though.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
stayinalive

Quote:
The difference between him and the other older player is size, playing the NA style already, Mantha for sure is having a better season.

Exactly, my point is, Forsberg IS playing in the same league and you can see how much better he is. Forsberg is a few months older, that's all and the difference is huge!
Wennberg is not producing at an unbelievable rate either. Filip Forsberg last year was producing better than Wennberg is this year. Not to mention more intangibles.
So if it is so obvious, why has McKenzie Wennberg 6 places over Mantha?

Watching them play in the WJC and seeing them play against each other in the Allsvenskan, this just is not true

Forsberg last year 17 points in 43 games,Wennberg this year 28 in 41. You better get your facts right

Old
02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:

I don't think it's fair to say Mantha is having a "better season". He's playing in a league with people in his own age group.. Wennberg is playing in a more dominant league, a Mens league, that has established players.

It just doesn't make sense to me to argue that Forsberg is better (Not denying he is) even if he's only a few months older... They aren't even the same position, nor even the same player..
Colten Teubert is a few months older than Erik Karlsson, now tell me, who is the better player between the two of them?? The reigning Norris trophy winner, or the guy who's played 24 career games..

Also, why even bring up SEL if you're arguing that Forsberg is better than Wennberg? Neither of them play in it so it's a moot point.. It makes no sense to say one player is worse because he doesn't play in the highest league, and then one player is better when he isn't playing in said league.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
spfan

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to say Mantha is having a "better season". He's playing in a league with people in his own age group.. Wennberg is playing in a more dominant league, a Mens league, that has established players.

It just doesn't make sense to me to argue that Forsberg is better (Not denying he is) even if he's only a few months older... They aren't even the same position, nor even the same player..
Colten Teubert is a few months older than Erik Karlsson, now tell me, who is the better player between the two of them?? The reigning Norris trophy winner, or the guy who's played 24 career games..

Also, why even bring up SEL if you're arguing that Forsberg is better than Wennberg? Neither of them play in it so it's a moot point.. It makes no sense to say one player is worse because he doesn't play in the highest league, and then one player is better when he isn't playing in said league.
Mantha is the top goal scorer in the entire draft class. His size makes him pretty valuable too. I would say he's better than Wennberg, by a pretty good margin.

You're completely missing my point if you're using Karlsson and Teubert as an example.
Karlsson was always better than Teubert.

I'll try to explain it better...
Filip Forsberg, one of the youngest in the 2012 class, rated top 5(#3 by Bob McKenzie), he fell to 11th.

Alexander Wennberg, one of the oldest players and barely any younger than Forsberg, had they been in the same class, Forsberg would go a minimum of 5 spots higher i'd say. Also the fact that 2013 is a much better draft class than 2012. So you can probably give a gap of 10 spots between their talent levels.

Forsberg is a better player by a big margin and Wennberg being a few months younger doesn't account for enough to keep it close.

Last edited by spfan: 02-24-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 08:54 PM
spfan

Quote:
So if it is so obvious, why has McKenzie Wennberg 6 places over Mantha?

Watching them play in the WJC and seeing them play against each other in the Allsvenskan, this just is not true

Forsberg last year 17 points in 43 games,Wennberg this year 28 in 41. You better get your facts right
Forsberg is a superior two-way player. McKenzie had Forsberg at 3...
You think Wennberg is even close to Forsberg?

Well as far as age and development goes. It's much more accurate to compare their seasons according to their age. Thus Forsberg this year is a better comparible to Wennberg's season this year as well as opposed to eachothers draft years.

It's like MacKinnon vs Jones...You could say they are at the same level now, but MacKinnon is 11 months younger. That's what pushes him to #1 over Jones.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Mantha is the top goal scorer in the entire draft class. His size makes him pretty valuable too. I would say he's better than Wennberg, by a pretty good margin.

You're completely missing my point if you're using Karlsson and Teubert as an example.
Karlsson was always better than Teubert.

I'll try to explain it better...
Filip Forsberg, one of the youngest in the 2012 class, rated top 5(#3 by Bob McKenzie), he fell to 11th.

Alexander Wennberg, one of the oldest players and barely any younger than Forsberg, had they been in the same class, Forsberg would go a minimum of 5 spots higher i'd say. Also the fact that 2013 is a much better draft class than 2012. So you can probably give a gap of 10 spots between their talent levels.

Forsberg is a better player by a big margin and Wennberg being a few months younger doesn't account for enough to keep it close.
Then why was Teubert picked before him?

I see what you're saying, and it does make sense.. I just don't think it's fair to compare them by draft classes. Forsberg's draft class was primarily defence in the first round, where as Wennberg's is made up of forwards. So saying that Forsberg would be picked so much higher doesn't exactly work..
For all we know, Buffalo may have taken Wennberg instead of Grigorenko if they had the chance.. Is it likely, I doubt it.. Is it possible, of course.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Forsberg is a superior two-way player. McKenzie had Forsberg at 3...
You think Wennberg is even close to Forsberg?

Well as far as age and development goes. It's much more accurate to compare their seasons according to their age. Thus Forsberg this year is a better comparible to Wennberg's season this year as well as opposed to eachothers draft years.

It's like MacKinnon vs Jones...You could say they are at the same level now, but MacKinnon is 11 months younger. That's what pushes him to #1 over Jones.
Then why is Jones #1 in the rankings?

Old
02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
spfan

Quote:
Then why is Jones #1 in the rankings?
I was speaking for myself. Jones is not rated #1 everywhere either. Forwards are often taken over D-men also and especially centers are most often 1st.

Jones pretty much vaulted to #1 after having a strong WJC, but that's a short tournament and MacKinnon was on a much deeper team and as I said, he's younger. He played about 8 mins a game on the 4th line. Playing 1 game on the 2nd line I believe. Unless it's a team in a HUGE need of a #1 d-men, I think Mackinnon goes #1 in the end.