HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 01:18 AM
PavelD13

vCash: 500
Look, the 2013/2014 season is still far off-- I'm excited about this fantasy draft, but let's take into account the time zone differences and the fact that some people work on weekdays. Also, I was in the midst of typing in my draft pick when I was auto'd even though it was before my time was up (sorry Joey Moss-- I am not throwing you under the bus here).

Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
It's unfair to keep everyone waiting to. I mean, I understand people have lives.. but you gave people days to realize the draft was starting on Monday, there was a time limit, and if you weren't going to be around to send a ****ing short list.

I dunno man, what's more ****ing ignorant? Shortening the time limit or people having no consideration for others and there being a draft?

I honestly almost feel like saying **** this, starting my own threads about a league, actually screening people (I know a TON of guys who'd be great for fantasy hockey.. and would want in my league just because I'm running it), having people right me a short little message as to why I should let them in.. if I don't already know them, and having the league ran the way I want it ran.

I mean, no offense or anything, but I change the time limit, and make a typo and it's like I'm the anti-christ here. I'm just upset that it appears we have half or more of a league of deadbeats. I mean it would be nothing for me to start a league and actually screen people. Not just take the first 30 guys who want in.
Raptactics, you need to relax. It's the first round, we have made it to pick number 22. The time limit is two hours. The average checks out well.

It's completely unfair to suddenly start changing rules, I can't agree with you there. I understand that you are frustrated, I check this forum multiple times daily to keep up with things. But we're going at a good pace so far. If people eventually need to be replaced (hint: in a 30 team league that will happen), we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Not 12 hours after the league has begun.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Raptactics29

You guys can say I need to relax all you want.. just wait and see how things here unfold. We'll see who needs to relax then.

21 picks in the first day isn't a good pace. It's very disappointing.

Anyway, I'm not quitting or jumping ship.. but if things do not turn around.. I'll have a decision to make. I'm not going to lie to everyone and **** around with the guys who are actually in this league because they're looking forward to it and want to be active. I want everyone to know where I stand.

Last edited by Raptactics29: 02-12-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 02:00 AM
Raptactics29

I'm a passionate person.. I give it my all no matter what I do. Don't worry, I will give this a big time chance and won't leave anybody high and dry. Like I said, I'm a passionate person. I come across very emotional and like I'm stressing out. It's just because I care so much. I've been wanting to start a league for a while now.. and now that this is started, I just want to have it work out. I just care and will give this league everything I have.. like every league I've ever been in. I just need the other 29 guys to do their part too. I'm going to remain hopefully.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:23 AM
showjaxx

Deep breaths man.

Our last draft went from October 2009-February 2010

And that league is still running today.

The draft will finish and the league will be fine.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:13 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:
I'm a passionate person.. I give it my all no matter what I do. Don't worry, I will give this a big time chance and won't leave anybody high and dry. Like I said, I'm a passionate person. I come across very emotional and like I'm stressing out. It's just because I care so much. I've been wanting to start a league for a while now.. and now that this is started, I just want to have it work out. I just care and will give this league everything I have.. like every league I've ever been in. I just need the other 29 guys to do their part too. I'm going to remain hopefully.
Yeah,we can definitely see that but the league is running along fine. Trust Joey Moss with what he is doing. He ran a a very solid league for what, 4 years now? The first day was disappointing but you need to take into consideration that others sometimes don't have time and have a life outside of HF. That doesn't mean they are not committed GM's or anything like that.

With that said though, it would be appreciated if people would send in a list but 22 picks in the first day isn't even that bad IMO.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:23 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Boys I think our best bet is to conduct a 24 hour activity check, If you want to participate in a league of this proportion you should be checking HF constantly. This activity check will ensure that our GMs are at least checking once a day and hopefully Raptactics will bring in some of his go hard buddies. This will hopefully solve some short term problems.

Btw my buddy Waldz3 who is Boston is too busy for this league please kick him

Thanks!

Old
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

Quote:
I've been in drafts where the time limit per pick was 12 hours and it moved a hel of a lot faster than this. If this doesn't speed up and guys don't start showing more interest.. I won't be paying nothing for this league. I need to see guys who are committed and want this as much as I do. So far, I'm not convinced.
Quote:
Also, 20 picks is bad. Not gonna lie. When a league is brand new and there's a fantasy draft, guys should be ready to explode jizzism all over the place. If things don't pick up, I'll be having to really think about this. I don't want to throw $100+ away.

I'm a patient person and I'm don't stressing.. I just want everyone to know. So if some of these guys are your buddies, or you know them from other leagues.. tell them to pick it up please. If the 1st round is like this then I don't even want to think what the mid to late rounds will be like. Might not even get the draft done befoe next season begins LOL..

Anyway, it might seem like I'm stressing, I'm not. I'm definitely disappointed in the start though. I want nothing more than this to work out and all of us to have an amazing time drafting/playing fantasy hockey.. and I'm going to give this my absolute all.. also, I'm hopefully things will pick up. I just want to be forthcoming about everything.
If you are worried about spending your money, don't. ESPN counts all the categories CBS does except maybe one or two.

To be honest, I don't even know why we are going for CBS when you can get the same thing from ESPN for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Boys I think our best bet is to conduct a 24 hour activity check, If you want to participate in a league of this proportion you should be checking HF constantly. This activity check will ensure that our GMs are at least checking once a day and hopefully Raptactics will bring in some of his go hard buddies. This will hopefully solve some short term problems.

Btw my buddy Waldz3 who is Boston is too busy for this league please kick him

Thanks!
Yea, checking at least once a day should be the way to go.

I don't see how it's so hard to realize people with school, uni and work cannot and will not check HF constantly. And after their morning commitment, people have stuff to do when they get home. It's not normal to expect people to check HF 10 times a day.

2 Hours/Pick is perfectly fine, and I don't see any reason to shorten the time limit unless we have like 5 consecutive days of 10 picks. Thinking about rule changes after 1 day is ridiculous.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Raptactics, you need to relax. It's the first round, we have made it to pick number 22. The time limit is two hours. The average checks out well.

It's completely unfair to suddenly start changing rules, I can't agree with you there. I understand that you are frustrated, I check this forum multiple times daily to keep up with things. But we're going at a good pace so far. If people eventually need to be replaced (hint: in a 30 team league that will happen), we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Not 12 hours after the league has begun.
I agree, even 2 hours is short enough. So please don't change change a rule after a slow day. I hate when someone change a rule just cause it's going a tad slow. Also if takes 3 month to finish this draft then so be it. Either way we just need to finish this draft by the entry draft wich is in june. correct me if I'm wrong.

Also why the rush ???

Last edited by TheNudge: 02-12-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
If you are worried about spending your money, don't. ESPN counts all the categories CBS does except maybe one or two.

To be honest, I don't even know why we are going for CBS when you can get the same thing from ESPN for free.

Yea, checking at least once a day should be the way to go.

I don't see how it's so hard to realize people with school, uni and work cannot and will not check HF constantly. And after their morning commitment, people have stuff to do when they get home. It's not normal to expect people to check HF 10 times a day.

2 Hours/Pick is perfectly fine, and I don't see any reason to shorten the time limit unless we have like 5 consecutive days of 10 picks. Thinking about rule changes after 1 day is ridiculous.
CBS is the only site that can handle 30 Users, ESPNs max is 20

Old
02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
CBS is the only site that can handle 30 Users, ESPNs max is 20
Ding ding we have a winner.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Slats432

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hp/

Up to 50 teams it says?

Also, it is better to schedule picks and ensure activity, than not. Give guys a one hour window to make their pick or send a list, not two hours from the previous pick.

Ana 12:00-1:00 PM
Col 1:00-2:00 PM

That way if you are 5 away from your pick, you can PM a list if you know you won't be around. All teams can pick early if the team ahead of them is done. Very simple.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Raptactics29

5 minutes until Pittsburgh 2 hours are up. I auto'd him James Neal.. he can change if he wants to.

New Jersey sent me a shortlist (thank you RougeStatus).

Old
02-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Raptactics29

Next GM (Anaheim) PM'd

Old
02-12-2013, 12:05 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Edler is a great pick I had him on my list, went much earlier then I thought he would

Old
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Slats432

Nashville was PMd. Probably early on Eberle, but if I didn't take him early, someone else coulda, woulda.....

Old
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer

Nashville is here. Just contemplating between a few guys

Old
02-12-2013, 12:29 PM
showjaxx

are here as well

Next 5 after me:

Detroit (via Dallas)
San Jose
Colorado
Colorado
San Jose

Old
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Great Pick with Tuuka, he's gonna be sick man!

Old
02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
showjaxx

Thanks!

I couldn't decide between a few guys, so I figured I'd get my #1 goalie out of the way, and let the next few GM's decide my next pick for me

Old
02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer

has pick 35 coming up soon and is fielding offers for this pick

Old
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
RogueStatus
Devils-Redhawks

Quote:
Edler is a great pick I had him on my list, went much earlier then I thought he would
Thanks, I knew he wouldn't make it to my next pick at 84 so I needed to take him especially after I saw Pietrangelo and others go in the few spots before me

Old
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Slats432

If your guy is still there, I would trade down as well, pick 36.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
showjaxx

JM/Raptactics,

Whenever you get the chance, could you put the finalized point system into the OP?

Thank you

Old
02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Raptactics29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMollyOxenFree View Post
JM/Raptactics,

Whenever you get the chance, could you put the finalized point system into the OP?

Thank you
Will do when I get home from my doctors appointment. Probably be home around 3:30-4pm because I have a few errands to run.

Great pick with Tuukka man, he was the tender I wanted. Not this early though. Remember though guys.. whenever you take your goalie, you can't take another starting goalie for the rest of the draft.

Also, I have San Jose's list for his 28th and 32nd pick.

Closed Thread