HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
have the 18th pick. We could be looking to move up or down depending on what the market looks like.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Raptactics29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
No problem at all. I've been wanting to start a league and this opportunity presented itself at the perfect time. I thought about just coming on hf and asking 29 randoms to join but at least this way JM had a following. I've heard he ran a good league as I've been in leagues with Frank (the Nudge aka fedro91) before and he recommended JM when he saw this thread. Paying for the league is no issue. If the league is operating will each and every year, I will always pay the fee. I still say we should have our own forums dedicated to this league. People say they wouldn't go to it but I think that's simply untrue. If the league's entertaining and fun, you all will go there.. no doubt in my mind. My last league became a lot of our GMs homepage when they signed onto the net. We all started on hf but bbkl became a way of life. It was our own little community where we talked hockey, had amazing discussions, we each had our own sub forum to keep track of our trades, our prospects, who and where we drafted, and most importantly, our roster/farm system. In a league this deep, I still say having forums is vital but for now we will make due posting here.

JM, you should reconsider. Think about it. We obviously do not need the forums today but we are gonna need to track trades, draft history, probably roster moves as we will have a waiver wire, all teams and farm systems, general discussion, and then rules/etc... all I'm saying is consider it. I'm dead serious, if the league is good enough and people are hardcore like I believe the majority will be because of how indepth and realistic the scoring system will make this feel, people will go to the forums and make them work.
Don't want this post getting burried.

Also, I have the 10th pick. Willing to move up or down. Shoot me an offer.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:30 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No problem at all. I've been wanting to start a league and this opportunity presented itself at the perfect time. I thought about just coming on hf and asking 29 randoms to join but at least this way JM had a following. I've heard he ran a good league as I've been in leagues with Frank (the Nudge aka fedro91) before and he recommended JM when he saw this thread. Paying for the league is no issue. If the league is operating will each and every year, I will always pay the fee. I still say we should have our own forums dedicated to this league. People say they wouldn't go to it but I think that's simply untrue. If the league's entertaining and fun, you all will go there.. no doubt in my mind. My last league became a lot of our GMs homepage when they signed onto the net. We all started on hf but bbkl became a way of life. It was our own little community where we talked hockey, had amazing discussions, we each had our own sub forum to keep track of our trades, our prospects, who and where we drafted, and most importantly, our roster/farm system. In a league this deep, I still say having forums is vital but for now we will make due posting here.

JM, you should reconsider. Think about it. We obviously do not need the forums today but we are gonna need to track trades, draft history, probably roster moves as we will have a waiver wire, all teams and farm systems, general discussion, and then rules/etc... all I'm saying is consider it. I'm dead serious, if the league is good enough and people are hardcore like I believe the majority will be because of how indepth and realistic the scoring system will make this feel, people will go to the forums and make them work.
after reading this I guess I wouldn't mind having our own forum I guess it would be nice to have more space and a chat and such

Old
02-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Raptactics29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
after reading this I guess I wouldn't mind having our own forum I guess it would be nice to have more space and a chat and such
It will make all league related stuff easier to pay attention to and track, there will be forums/threads specifically for the draft, trades, everyone should have their own sub-forum for their own team, their transactions, their draft history, etc. then eventually we could probably create little awards for GMs and their players. We could have our own general discussion, a forum for trade chatter/trade blocks, and also a thread/forum for our rules, etc..

Trust me guys. I want this league to become a way of life. I want you guys to love the league so much you don't want to do anything else on the Internet. I want it to be simple but really indepth. With the scoring categories the way they are, every player has value. From your top flight scorers to your Hal Gills and Darren Helms. Those 4th line grinders contribute. I want this league to have this real life feel. If you love hockey as much as I do, trust me, I will not let you down. I know how to run a league and I know JM and I will make the time you spend in this league as enjoyable as anything you do online. If you're a passionate, diehard hockey but like me, then have faith in what you are about to get in to.

The last league I commished was amazing. The stat categories are pretty much the same as we have here. It was indepth yet simple. It was competitive.. maybe too competitive sometimes. The good thing about us starting this league is the kinks should he worked out. JM ran a league for 4 years and I ran bbkl for 3 years. He knows what worked and didn't work for his league and I know what works and what made things difficult in bbkl. Now starting here, together we can build an amazing league. We are draftif our own teams, where in bbkl we just simply took over from where the teams sat. Drafting our own teams will make this league that much better. Bbkl had too many rules and too much to do as in documentation, rule where in our league we will keep not simple.

I think with our own forums.. it will make it easier for everyone, so please, let's discuss it. Way the pros and cons. Hfboards is great but there isn't anything here specifically for just us. Here we are messed together with everything else. Our league is going to be too big and indepth for that. We have 30 teams with a waiver wire. 30 teams making trades and having a draft and an amateur draft annually. So, just in case we do decide that forums are the way to go.. who can help create them/set that up?

Lets hear some feedback from everyone. You guys might think you won't visit the site much but trusts.. it's my mission to make this league your favourite thing to do. If you're a hockey but and passionate about fantasy hockey.. them put your faith in me and put your faith in that you'll visit the site as much as any site out there. Trust me.. if you love fantasy hockey then this will become a way of life for you!!

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!

Old
02-08-2013, 09:15 PM
showjaxx

vCash: 647
God dammit raptactics, I'd buy a bridge from you

Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
There's not a lot you could say to persuade me to move it to forum site.. We're staying here at least this season. I know I won't be nearly as active myself on another forum site.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
It will make all league related stuff easier to pay attention to and track, there will be forums/threads specifically for the draft, trades, everyone should have their own sub-forum for their own team, their transactions, their draft history, etc. then eventually we could probably create little awards for GMs and their players. We could have our own general discussion, a forum for trade chatter/trade blocks, and also a thread/forum for our rules, etc..

Trust me guys. I want this league to become a way of life. I want you guys to love the league so much you don't want to do anything else on the Internet. I want it to be simple but really indepth. With the scoring categories the way they are, every player has value. From your top flight scorers to your Hal Gills and Darren Helms. Those 4th line grinders contribute. I want this league to have this real life feel. If you love hockey as much as I do, trust me, I will not let you down. I know how to run a league and I know JM and I will make the time you spend in this league as enjoyable as anything you do online. If you're a passionate, diehard hockey but like me, then have faith in what you are about to get in to.

The last league I commished was amazing. The stat categories are pretty much the same as we have here. It was indepth yet simple. It was competitive.. maybe too competitive sometimes. The good thing about us starting this league is the kinks should he worked out. JM ran a league for 4 years and I ran bbkl for 3 years. He knows what worked and didn't work for his league and I know what works and what made things difficult in bbkl. Now starting here, together we can build an amazing league. We are draftif our own teams, where in bbkl we just simply took over from where the teams sat. Drafting our own teams will make this league that much better. Bbkl had too many rules and too much to do as in documentation, rule where in our league we will keep not simple.

I think with our own forums.. it will make it easier for everyone, so please, let's discuss it. Way the pros and cons. Hfboards is great but there isn't anything here specifically for just us. Here we are messed together with everything else. Our league is going to be too big and indepth for that. We have 30 teams with a waiver wire. 30 teams making trades and having a draft and an amateur draft annually. So, just in case we do decide that forums are the way to go.. who can help create them/set that up?

Lets hear some feedback from everyone. You guys might think you won't visit the site much but trusts.. it's my mission to make this league your favourite thing to do. If you're a hockey but and passionate about fantasy hockey.. them put your faith in me and put your faith in that you'll visit the site as much as any site out there. Trust me.. if you love fantasy hockey then this will become a way of life for you!!

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!
I would love to have our own forum.
I believe it's a crucial parth of any successful league. I also believe this league might be too big to be on HF. And like Scott mention, this league will only get more messy with time. I can't really find any cons of having a forum for our league.

By the way we deserve to have a site just for us. Also a chat would be amazing. Now who's able to make a site, the forum for our league?

I'm in, who's with me and Scott??

Old
02-08-2013, 09:27 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
There's not a lot you could say to persuade me to move it to forum site.. We're staying here at least this season. I know I won't be nearly as active myself on another forum site.
Ditto.

I come to the HFBoards every day. Elsewhere, I haven't developed the habit.

I'm in and active in Joey Moss' league on HfBoards. Book it.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:33 PM
MarkusNaslund19

I tend to agree on the dedicated forum thing. I think it would be a boon. I know it feels like a big adjustment, but from the first draft pick, you just want to check that site (multiple times) everyday.

That said, I don't want to push anything because this league looks awesome and I want it to work out.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
TheNudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
I tend to agree on the dedicated forum thing. I think it would be a boon. I know it feels like a big adjustment, but from the first draft pick, you just want to check that site (multiple times) everyday.

That said, I don't want to push anything because this league looks awesome and I want it to work out.

Amen !!

Old
02-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Raptactics29

We have time to see what hf documenting will look like. I think it will get messy and hard to pay attention when it's cluttered with all these other threads. I'm in the league no matter what.

I wonder, is there any way hfboards mods/admins could set up a sub-forum for our league? Does anybody know if that's possible? It would be nice to have a private little area just for our league stuff. Does anyone know if that's possible? Or is there a space on hf that gets little to no traffic where we could do our business?

The alternative is we could use CBS for some stuff. I am pretty sure you can set trade blocks there and post some messages. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can use on there.

I think if we could find a little corner of hf to use, that would work perfectly. If anyone knows, please let us know,

Old
02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
dustyrockon

I'm very excited for this next league. but in the mean time its taking away from the current one we have going. proud to say I'm in the top 10 (7th)

Old
02-08-2013, 10:06 PM
SENSations

I'd be interested in signing up for a team if there are still open spots. I'm friends with Raptactics, and the Nudge from BBKL as well.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:06 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

I think another site will make people less active because no one will check that site as much. Im against it.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:13 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Looks like we are split half and half I think the only fair way to do it would throw out a vote

BTW Waldz3 who is GM of the Boston Bruins makes killer forums and he's great at designing logos so if need be he'd love to help out!

Old
02-08-2013, 10:33 PM
TheNudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Looks like we are split half and half I think the only fair way to do it would throw out a vote

BTW Waldz3 who is GM of the Boston Bruins makes killer forums and he's great at designing logos so if need be he'd love to help out!
I would love it but only if Joey Moss is cool with it.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Joey Moss

I feel no need to move to a forum site as I've already had success running a league here on HF. I've been in league's on HF that have had a forum for the league and it never works because most people on HF like to check whatever is going on in the league and on the site. End of story, we aren't moving it. I feel if we did some people might leave the league and as I said I, as a commissioner would not be as active.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSations View Post
I'd be interested in signing up for a team if there are still open spots. I'm friends with Raptactics, and the Nudge from BBKL as well.
I'll put you on the waiting list.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Want to echo the thanks to Raptastics for paying the fee.

I have a question regarding the starting goalie/back up goalie thing to avoid goalie hoarding.

How is a starter/back up defined in this case?
I'm probably just going to list the goalies in the draft thread that are considered starters to avoid confusion. Obviously there are guys like Fasth in Anaheim who may be taking over the #1 job from Hiller and Elliott and Halak are both great goalies but I'll split them up.

Also, to avoid some people getting a great duo before someone takes a starter I was thinking once everyone has a goalie then backups can start being chosen. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

Old
02-09-2013, 12:09 AM
TheNudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I'm probably just going to list the goalies in the draft thread that are considered starters to avoid confusion. Obviously there are guys like Fasth in Anaheim who may be taking over the #1 job from Hiller and Elliott and Halak are both great goalies but I'll split them up.

Also, to avoid some people getting a great duo before someone takes a starter I was thinking once everyone has a goalie then backups can start being chosen. What are everyone's thoughts on that?
Why have any rules on drafting goalies ? If a Gm want to take miller and Lundy as a 1st round ad 2nd round pick. Then let him!! Also there's not enough goalie stats to make them soo valuable. SonI vote on no rules for drafting keeper.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Why have any rules on drafting goalies ? If a Gm want to take miller and Lundy as a 1st round ad 2nd round pick. Then let him!! Also there's not enough goalie stats to make them soo valuable. SonI vote on no rules for drafting keeper.
My main focus for this league was to have some balance. That's why I made the draft trading rule so everyone gets the same amount of players out of the draft. I want every team to come out of the draft with a good goaltender and so does Raptactics.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Against moving to a forum site.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Raptactics29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
There are rules against hoarding goalies because it makes the league very unbalanced and guys can hold on to goalies for a ransom. 4 categories doesn't seem like much but in a head to head league that puts you down 4-0 every week if you can't trade reasonably for one. That's ridiculous. And don't forget, goalies score huge in SHTOI so you'd most likely lose that category too.

Only allowing guys to draft 1 starter and 1 backup is fair for everyone.

Also, I hope guys realize that I'm willing to try documenting here on hf. I just want the league to be amazing. If JM is adamant he can run the league through hf, I trust him. Lets just have an amazing time fellas. I will take care of CBS.. I have 3 years experience running a league there. As soon as I get back I will see if I can prepay for the 2013-2014 season and get us started. If not, JMs job here gets even more important.

Can't wait for the draft to start. I really hope one of my guys I want makes it to the 10th pick. If not, look for me to move down.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:44 AM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

26th eh? I like it actually

Old
02-09-2013, 10:21 AM
TheKumarEffect

We should all get an app like groupme. That way it's easier for draft because I'm sure everyone has a smartphone or iPod or something like that. That way they can just message you who the want for draft evn if they aren't home. Also I found that this make leagues more active if people are constantly chatting in a group

Closed Thread