HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2013 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
  #776
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,770
vCash: 500
I want some guys in the later rounds who enjoy playing mean. They have to be able to skate as well. That is all I ask for.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 08:49 PM
  #777
Mittelstadt Nemesis
...One
 
Mittelstadt Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 500
I will phone up Jason Wilson as well as Randy McNaught and inquire as to their current pro hockey prospects.

Mittelstadt Nemesis is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  #778
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I will phone up Jason Wilson as well as Randy McNaught and inquire as to their current pro hockey prospects.
I was high on McNaught when he was drafted. Sucks he got hurt. The Rangers need to develop some young, hungry, physical players. Weise was a good pick. Lost for nothing.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
  #779
Joey Bones
***** 2k16
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I will phone up Jason Wilson as well as Randy McNaught and inquire as to their current pro hockey prospects.
Thought they both had a little upside, but that quickly faded away. Like Boyler said a good, solid, & tough player is great.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 09:29 PM
  #780
Theon
No longer Reek
 
Theon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Wouldn't mind using a 5th or 6th on Norlov & wouldn't mind grabbing Pesce with a 3rd. Would trade up if he is the best available.
If Slats can package two of our thirds for a mid second, we can probably get Justin Bailey. Big guy with sweet hands. Can skate too:



Get Bailey, then Adam Tambellini with our other 3rd and we might have a solid draft.

Theon is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 10:32 PM
  #781
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
If Slats can package two of our thirds for a mid second, we can probably get Justin Bailey. Big guy with sweet hands. Can skate too:



Get Bailey, then Adam Tambellini with our other 3rd and we might have a solid draft.
I heard Matthew Barnaby drooling over this kid on NHL radio today. I know nothing about him outside of this but Barnaby did a great sell job. He was particularly high on his shot. I'm intrigued.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 11:06 AM
  #782
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
I don't know how I feel about us, a New York team, drafting a kid named Bailey

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
  #783
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 500
Bailey looks like a solid player.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 11:47 AM
  #784
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Bailey, from Williamsville, NY, is 6'3 190, turns 18 on July 1st. The possibility for breakout next year is through the roof right now. If he makes it past #30 I'll be shocked.

Emile Poirier !!!

This is a very intriguing player.

6'1 185, LW, Natural scorer, outstanding short/long form speed and acceleration, great leg strength, and talk about finding seams. Plus, he can mix it up, drops the gloves often for a player his caliber. Watch this short video, older guys turn the sound down :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIBLICwkIQk


Last edited by Bluenote13: 06-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 12:13 PM
  #785
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Bailey, from Williamsville, NY, is 6'3 190, turns 18 on July 1st. The possibility for breakout next year is through the roof right now. If he makes it past #30 I'll be shocked.

Emile Poirier !!!

This is a very intriguing player.

6'1 185, LW, Natural scorer, outstanding short/long form speed and acceleration, great leg strength, and talk about finding seams. Plus, he can mix it up, drops the gloves often for a player his caliber. Watch this short video, older guys turn the sound down :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIBLICwkIQk
Poirier has to be a 1st rounder, no? Kid can straight up fly.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 12:31 PM
  #786
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Poirier has to be a 1st rounder, no? Kid can straight up fly.
I'd take him in round one, depending on who's there of course. But I would feel great walking out of round 1 with him. If we were to trade up if he were there early in round 2 I'd totally advocate the move.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:34 PM
  #787
Bozle
Shattendeuces
 
Bozle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 65,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Emile Poirier !!!

This is a very intriguing player.

6'1 185, LW, Natural scorer, outstanding short/long form speed and acceleration, great leg strength, and talk about finding seams. Plus, he can mix it up, drops the gloves often for a player his caliber. Watch this short video, older guys turn the sound down :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIBLICwkIQk
Damn. Kid's got some tools, that's for sure. Looks like Matt Duchene out there with that speed and those hands. Great release, too.

If we could somehow snatch him that would nice.

__________________
Bozle is online now  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
  #788
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Damn. Kid's got some tools, that's for sure. Looks like Matt Duchene out there with that speed and those hands. Great release, too.

If we could somehow snatch him that would nice.
This draft is deeper than most think, at least that's how its looked at as of now, which matters significantly since draft day is almost here. There's literally 50 guys I could see making the first round with no questionable ones in the bunch. Just a matter of how it shakes out.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:59 PM
  #789
TUQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This draft is deeper than most think, at least that's how its looked at as of now, which matters significantly since draft day is almost here. There's literally 50 guys I could see making the first round with no questionable ones in the bunch. Just a matter of how it shakes out.
Its such a shame we have no 1st nor 2nd round choice .

TUQ is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 03:03 PM
  #790
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 12,832
vCash: 500



http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...moutrey_s.html

this kid will be/might be available in late 2 or early 3. might be a target to move up or have him fall. his stock is definitely rising now heading to mid 2 range.

while we all want top 30 kids, we dont have a top 30 pick so need to find the gems in that late 2 early 3 range.

hes getting some serious props now and has generated some buzz with very good recent play. his name is being mentioned alot more now. hes become more consistently physical and can take over shifts with his size and puck control. looks at times like kid who is a sure top 6 power forward at the next level.

solid power forward size 6'3 210. good skill set. creative hands. smart kid on and off ice with high compete level. underrated scrapper, he can throw em. has alot of intangibles teams like. prototypical gordie "safe pick".

playing in saginaw limits his exposure for sure but hes on the radar along with team mate jimmy lodge.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 09:55 PM
  #791
Joey Bones
***** 2k16
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Bailey looks solid and almost Nash-like on those moves.

Poirier is quick!!!! Didn't hear anything about him since that video. Almost looks like he does find those seams that are open and can be a game changer.

What are your thoughts on this guy...
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jan-stencel/

Small but packs a punch. HF just did an article on him as well.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...maller-package

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:36 AM
  #792
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Bailey looks solid and almost Nash-like on those moves.

Poirier is quick!!!! Didn't hear anything about him since that video. Almost looks like he does find those seams that are open and can be a game changer.

What are your thoughts on this guy...
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jan-stencel/

Small but packs a punch. HF just did an article on him as well.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...maller-package
I like Stencel. He passes the puck like a Pro, tape to tape from anywhere on the breakout. Plays his position back on defense, gets in lanes, knows where to be, problem is he's not very big so the bigger faster game might present a problem. Either way I wouldn't mind adding him to the stable, kid has legit strengths to his game.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 03:51 PM
  #793
Joey Bones
***** 2k16
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I like Stencel. He passes the puck like a Pro, tape to tape from anywhere on the breakout. Plays his position back on defense, gets in lanes, knows where to be, problem is he's not very big so the bigger faster game might present a problem. Either way I wouldn't mind adding him to the stable, kid has legit strengths to his game.
Thanks BN. I feel he can hit a growth spurt and add even more strength. Where would you put him as draftable? 3rd worthy?

Just hope he doesn't turn into a Kveton, Bahensky, Zeliska, Psurny type. Speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to those guys?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 03:52 PM
  #794
Joey Bones
***** 2k16
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Found an article on a possible draft target!!

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...rtsen/13765853

Offensive d-man that can drop the mitts. Thoughts?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 04:32 PM
  #795
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Thanks BN. I feel he can hit a growth spurt and add even more strength. Where would you put him as draftable? 3rd worthy?

Just hope he doesn't turn into a Kveton, Bahensky, Zeliska, Psurny type. Speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to those guys?
Stencel could go 2nd round or 4th depending on how high teams have him, but his size coukd drop him further. I think he'd be a good 3rd, and a great pickup after that if he makes it to later rounds.

Czech/Slovak programs have had good prospects, but overall they've been up and down with the NHL regulars, late 90's they were hot, cooled off over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Found an article on a possible draft target!!

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...rtsen/13765853

Offensive d-man that can drop the mitts. Thoughts?
He's in the 2nd tier of available Dmen after 1st round and early 2nd, IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if he went from 47 to 60. Big kid like that, Devs took a similar player last year in Damon Severson, who broke out and played two AHL games this season.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 01:11 AM
  #796
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 500
This seems like the perfect draft for Clark and Gorton to come up with a sleeper or two. I'd love to see them add some forward toughness. It just seems so hard to find kids that can skate and play a bit as well as be tough and mean.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 01:33 AM
  #797
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This seems like the perfect draft for Clark and Gorton to come up with a sleeper or two. I'd love to see them add some forward toughness. It just seems so hard to find kids that can skate and play a bit as well as be tough and mean.
Agree. We need to find our Lucic in the middle rounds sometime. Give me a guy that plays tough, is approximately 6'1 to 6'3 and 210-225 pounds that has a good sense for the game. They don't have to light up the scoreboard, they can break out offensively in a good developmental environment.

Keep gambling with the Euros in the 4th to 6th rounds. We seem to be finding a couple of good ones lately.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:01 AM
  #798
SupersonicMonkey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I want some guys in the later rounds who enjoy playing mean. They have to be able to skate as well. That is all I ask for.
The Rangers drafted two of them in the fist round recently. Miller and McIlrath. They need some time to develop.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 04:55 PM
  #799
Joey Bones
***** 2k16
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Agree. We need to find our Lucic in the middle rounds sometime. Give me a guy that plays tough, is approximately 6'1 to 6'3 and 210-225 pounds that has a good sense for the game. They don't have to light up the scoreboard, they can break out offensively in a good developmental environment.

Keep gambling with the Euros in the 4th to 6th rounds. We seem to be finding a couple of good ones lately.
Some guys that are on Button's list are huge are Gustav Olofsson (6'3"/185 D), Mitchell Wheaton (6'4"/228 D), Justin Bailey (6'3"/194 C/RW), Mirco Mueller (6'3"/184 D), Dillon Heatherington (6'3"/196 D), Ian McCoshen (6'2"/207 D), Rasmus Ristolainen (6'3"/203 D), Frederick Gauthier (6'5"/210 C), Anthony Mantha (6'4"/190 LW), Sam Morin (6'7"/200 D), Nikita Zadorov (6'5"/230 D), Darnell Nurse (6'3"/189 D), Valeri Nichushkin (6'4"/196 LW), Aleksander (Sasha) Barkov (6'2"/205 C), Seth Jones (6'3/208 D).

Most are d-men, but they all are good.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
  #800
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
The Rangers drafted two of them in the fist round recently. Miller and McIlrath. They need some time to develop.



i cant wait till a full season in the NHL for both Miller and McIlrath.. i wish McIlrath would have gotten a game in the playoffs.. couldnt be worse than Hamrlik.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.