HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schneider?

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
chris11inter

vCash: 500
Schneider?

Would do you think Blue Jacket Fans....

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

Old
02-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Absolutely not.

Why would we want somebody who's done nothing but falter when he was expected to be the starter?

02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Skraut

How about you keep him, win a cup with both goaltenders, and we'll keep building slowly as opposed to trading away our future so that we can finish 10th in the conference instead of 15th.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Wizeman*

Schneider would have to go for Dubinsky and Johanson plus.

But whats the point of having a world class goalie if you have little in front of it?

I think Mason is solid enough until you have some more talent around him

Old
02-04-2013, 04:03 PM
chris11inter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Absolutely not.

Why would we want somebody who's done nothing but falter when he was expected to be the starter?
Faulter to another world class goalie? How do you consider it faultering when a top 5 goalies out plays you?

Old
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

No thanks. Not worth it. We'll wait on Dansk.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11inter View Post

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen
My most frequent justification for speaking up in pretty much every trade thread that even slightly mentions Columbus has historically been that other team's fans will invade our boards with idiotic proposals otherwise.

It seems I may need to change doctrines, as apparently this no longer serves as a deterrent.

If this were merely Schneider/Ballard for Dubi/Bob, it would just be an unwise deal for Columbus. Schneider has not done well as a starter so far while Bob has, so there's no reason for us to make that exchange. While Ballard might be useful considering our current injury issues on the blueline, Dubi adds to our defensive prowess and so trading him to make that happen is a bad idea.

It's also a tad silly for Vancouver, seeing as though Ballard seems to have a new lease on life and NHL play right now, and Bob's big issue in Philly was that he was quickly kicked aside before he could prove himself to be the starter - a situation that would not be resolved in Vancouver.

If you'd stopped there, then we'd be fine. Not a great idea, but at least it attempts to be reasonable in concept and doesn't go overboard.

But the proposal didn't stop there. In throwing in Johansen for a 2nd, this deal transcends mere "poor idea" status and achieves "laughably g-dawful." Jeff Carter, when we were desperate for more goalscoring and a #1C, was not good enough to pry Johansen out of Columbus. What in G-d's name makes you think this deal is somehow superior at the outset? What makes you think there's any deal Vancouver could throw together that would make giving up Johansen an attractive option to Columbus and manage to be fair to both sides?

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Not getting rid of Johansen. Replace him with someone else other than Murray.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
EspenK

Proposal:

Schneider to Jackets for nothing

Response : NFW- What has he ever done. He never won a Cup. he had a bad game or two to start the season-proof he sucks.

I do think the price of Joey is a bit high but I'd trade Bob, Dubi & someone else for Schneider but you aren't going to get a lot of positive responses here. Goalies (even guys with Schneiders stats) are not something most fans here are willing to trade for.

And btw, nice goalie fiasco you have going on in Vancouver.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I have a lot of interest in Schneider..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Proposal:

Response : NFW- What has he ever done. He never won a Cup. he had a bad game or two to start the season-proof he sucks.

I do think the price of Joey is a bit high but I'd trade Bob, Dubi & someone else for Schneider but you aren't going to get a lot of positive responses here. Goalies (even guys with Schneiders stats) are not something most fans here are willing to trade for.

I just don't think we can give up enough to interest the Nucks, too bad.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Faulter to another world class goalie? How do you consider it faultering when a top 5 goalies out plays you?
You mean that world class goalies that the Nucks fans and media trashed/couldn't wait to unload until about 10 days ago?

Gillis screwed up the goalie situation royally. It's only going to end with Luongo or Schneider going for far less than what Vancouver fans seem to think they're worth. You'd better hope somebody panics before the Capocolypse that awaits you this summer. I can tell you one thing, it isn't going to end with you guys getting a top young forward, a serviceable top 6 forward, a decent young goaltender and still managing to get rid of Ballard.

Last edited by Samkow: 02-04-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old
02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

exactly what Samkow said...

Old
02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Proposal:

BTW - Schneider had one bad game and his others has look excellent.

Every reference to him not playing well goes to show the lack of knowledge around here. Schneider has played well, Lu has been insane. Both better than what you got.

Back to the trade:

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

Remove Dubinsky and the 2nd rounder.

Last edited by Samkow: 02-04-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Flaming.
Old
02-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
You mean that world class goalies that the Nucks fans and media trashed/couldn't wait to unload until about 10 days ago?

Gillis screwed up the goalie situation royally. It's only going to end with Luongo or Schneider going for far less than what Vancouver fans seem to think they're worth. You'd better hope somebody panics before the Capocolypse that awaits you this summer. I can tell you one thing, it isn't going to end with you guys getting a top young forward, a serviceable top 6 forward, a decent young goaltender and still managing to get rid of Ballard.

The consensus for the media and Canuck fans is that we'd be fine with either Cory or Luongo. Luongo was the one that stated he'd be okay if he was traded.

It's not a screw up by having a goalie come through your system and turn out to be good. That's a good problem to have. It's not a fiasco, it wasn't a screw up, it's not a bad thing and the worst that comes from it is it de-values the player by a marginal amount.

The vast majority of Canucks fans do not expect top young forward, serviceable top 6 forward a decent young goalie and getting to toss a player that's overpaid.

If it's Schneider moving, one would expect the same talent coming back just in a different position. And if it's a prospect you're talking about, a bit higher potential would have to be there.

Last edited by Samkow: 02-04-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
The consensus for the media and Canuck fans is that we'd be fine with either Cory or Luongo. Luongo was the one that stated he'd be okay if he was traded.

It's not a screw up by having a goalie come through your system and turn out to be good. That's a good problem to have. It's not a fiasco, it wasn't a screw up, it's not a bad thing and the worst that comes from it is it de-values the player by a marginal amount.

The vast majority of Canucks fans do not expect top young forward, serviceable top 6 forward a decent young goalie and getting to toss a player that's overpaid.

If it's Schneider moving, one would expect the same talent coming back just in a different position. And if it's a prospect you're talking about, a bit higher potential would have to be there.
Let me get this straight. You want to take one of our top young guys for a goalie who I think could be great, but might not be, plus our best goalie right now who has shown as much as the goalie you are offering? Plus you want the guy who was one of the center pieces to the Nash trade.

Last edited by Samkow: 02-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

NM post got messed up durning my own editing and mod editing.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 02-04-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138

I suppose I'll never understand the "trade post", particularly from guests. It almost always turns out to be some offer to give us something we're not asking for for players we aren't offering, and yet we're morons if we disagree. Meh.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:55 PM
EDM

Wow is that a bad idea.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
CBJfan4evr

That ship has sailed. We need snipers not goalies

Old
02-04-2013, 06:45 PM
BlueJacket2

None of those players listed will be moving anywhere. Especially RyJo.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Seedtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfan4evr View Post
that ship has sailed. We need snipers not goalies
This.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:17 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
BTW - Schneider had one bad game and his others has look excellent.

Every reference to him not playing well goes to show the lack of knowledge around here. Schneider has played well, Lu has been insane. Both better than what you got.

Back to the trade:

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

Remove Dubinsky and the 2nd rounder.
The goalie fiasco I was referring to is your team apparently annointed Schneider the #1 guy; then after one bad game or so Luongo gets inserted and appears now to be #1 again. So if he keeps playing well it'll be hard to trade away your #1 and in the meantime Schneider's value will have diminished because he will now be seen as a guy who couldn't hold the #1 spot. Meanwhile Lack is in the minors. Throw in the cap problems lurking and that is a fiasco. At least to us uninformed Blue Jacket fans.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
blahblah

Quote:

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen
What kind of absolutely garbage proposal is this pile of crap? I can't believe you even typed it with a straight face, therefore I'll just chalk this up to you yanking our chains. If I was the GM and you proposed this, I would lose your cell phone number. Perhaps forever. It is that insulting.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:50 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.
This is worse than all the Rick Nash offers combined.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
What kind of absolutely garbage proposal is this pile of crap? I can't believe you even typed it with a straight face, therefore I'll just chalk this up to you yanking our chains. If I was the GM and you proposed this, I would lose your cell phone number. Perhaps forever. It is that insulting.

Closed Thread