HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes @ Leafs

Old
02-04-2013, 09:17 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
BTW....anyone happen to notice the habs-canes proposal on the trade rumors page? Cole and 2nd for Faulk and a 1st...thats just brutal.
That's just flat out hilarious.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Cam won that game in the first. Imagine if Sangs knew how to play D.

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Quote:
17 pages of chatting for the game tonight....I like the enthusiasm from everyone!

BTW....anyone happen to notice the habs-canes proposal on the trade rumors page? Cole and 2nd for Faulk and a 1st...thats just brutal.
They're trying to get back at us for JR giving them Kaberle. For which we are all still very grateful.

HisIceness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Psyduck
cephalalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
They're trying to get back at us for JR giving them Kaberle. For which we are all still very grateful.
It's only fair to take that outrageous Cole contract off of them in return for taking Kabs.

Joe Corvo
Kevin Westgarth
5th

for

Erik Cole

Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
No. I think Dwyer earned a chance to play there honestly. And I'll even say that he probably should have had the chance earlier.

You've gotta hand it to the guy. He skates hard, doesn't make stupid mistakes very often, handles the puck fairly well, and makes the most of any chances he gets.

I really thought he brought a little spring to that line tonight.
That last bolded part is where I'd hesitate. We need to remember that this is the same Pat Dwyer who a week ago had hands of stone and would blow past people through the neutral zone just to flub a scoring chance.

Gotta manage expectations here. Unless he completely reinvents himself from this point forward, he is going to start missing chances again. And that's exactly what we complain about with LaRose on the top lines.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:54 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
That last bolded part is where I'd hesitate. We need to remember that this is the same Pat Dwyer who a week ago had hands of stone and would blow past people through the neutral zone just to flub a scoring chance.

Gotta manage expectations here. Unless he completely reinvents himself from this point forward, he is going to start missing chances again. And that's exactly what we complain about with LaRose on the top lines.
Oh that's totally fair enough, and no disagreement from me.

I don't mean to imply that he has proven himself to be 2nd line talent. But IMO he has proven himself enough to at least skate on the 2nd line to see where that gets us.

I'm probably a bigger fan of the guy than I ought to be. Wallace, too, just based on his play tonight.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the hot hand.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:01 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

I don't completely disagree with putting Dwyer up on the 2nd line provided he's doing basically the same thing LaRose does, but with more speed.

If that's what it takes to shift some scoring talent around and win some games, no problem. If nothing else, he at least generates chances with his speed and does a ton more forechecking than Dalpe did.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

I am so happy with Wallace's game tonight, he just crushes people all over the ice.

Can he brawl at all? I'd rather him in the lineup than Westgarth, then we can get Nodl back and ice a 4th line of Wallace - Brent - Nodl.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
It's only fair to take that outrageous Cole contract off of them in return for taking Kabs.

Joe Corvo
Kevin Westgarth
5th

for

Erik Cole

I should post that on the main board.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Roboturner913

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I don't completely disagree with putting Dwyer up on the 2nd line provided he's doing basically the same thing LaRose does, but with more speed.

If that's what it takes to shift some scoring talent around and win some games, no problem. If nothing else, he at least generates chances with his speed and does a ton more forechecking than Dalpe did.
I actually loved Dwyer there tonight and that last goal was downright sick. Who knew he had a shot like that?

I do agree he is more or less Chad LaRose 2.0 and I'm fine with that, IF he can consistently be that.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Moosetache

Send a message via AIM to Moosetache Send a message via Yahoo to Moosetache
Speaking of Dwyer....I think it is important for him to manage his own expectations from his game. He is not flash, she needs to use his speed and skating to get in good positions, force turnovers to the other two and then crash the net. When he gets opportunities like the goal tonight, just make sure to get off a good shot. No deking or stick handling through guys, just get quick hard shots off. Its ok if he makes it ugly dirty goals, we have enough guys showing flash for a change.

Speaking of flash, I am wondering how many times Semin is going to hit iron this season before he actually hits mesh. I am putting the over under at 15. He has at least 8 posts/crossbars so far.

Does he know the net area is much bigger than the post area?

Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:35 AM
caniac247

Nevermind

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
caniac315

vCash: 50
Besides the win, my favorite part of the game was Tripp talking about how it's easier for little ponies to get in the race than the horse. That being said, glad J Staal got that first goal. You big horse, you.

caniac315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:58 AM
bleedgreen

I always viewed Dwyer as larose cheaper replacement, so I don't have problem with him earning a spot. Now having both of them in key spots.....

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
wallym

Staal and Skinner are enough to generate plenty of offense. Even if Dwyer does practically nothing production-wise (see Tlusty), having a defensive responsible guy with some good wheels that will dig in the corners a bit, and go to the front of the net is enough.

It's odd having this much elite offensive talent on the ice.

wallym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Speaking of Dwyer....I think it is important for him to manage his own expectations from his game. He is not flash, she needs to use his speed and skating to get in good positions, force turnovers to the other two and then crash the net. When he gets opportunities like the goal tonight, just make sure to get off a good shot. No deking or stick handling through guys, just get quick hard shots off. Its ok if he makes it ugly dirty goals, we have enough guys showing flash for a change.

Speaking of flash, I am wondering how many times Semin is going to hit iron this season before he actually hits mesh. I am putting the over under at 15. He has at least 8 posts/crossbars so far.

Does he know the net area is much bigger than the post area?
Seems like 2 per game at least.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
geehaad

Quote:
I am wondering how many times Semin is going to hit iron this season before he actually hits mesh. I am putting the over under at 15.
I'll take the under.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote