HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cornell Wins ECAC Championship

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2005, 04:12 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Cornell Wins ECAC Championship

Cornell won their series in overtime, as they advance to the semi-finals on friday night. The game is being carried by CSTV. It's a one game series, to see who goes on to play for the ECAC championships. Cornell doesn't know who they will be facing next weekend, as they await the winner of the Dartmouth-Vermont game, which will get started at 7 pm tonight. Dartmouth is one of the only teams this year to beat Cornell who only lost 4 games all season. For Hab fans it would be great to see O'Byrne and Gleed play against Wyman, but Dartmouth will need a big effort to beat a solid Vermont team.

Last edited by montreal: 03-20-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old
03-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

How is O'Byrne season so far?

Old
03-13-2005, 11:33 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Dartmouth will need a big effort to beat a solid Vermont team.
Let's hope , Dartmouth will win.Vermont played a solid game , last night.Dartmouth were undiscliplined and they payed the price.Vermont scored on PP.Wyman got an assist and he received so limited ice time.That's because Dartmouth has a lot of depth at RW.

Two questions

Why Pokulok wasn't (for Cornell) playing ? Is he injured ?

Will Jessiman gonna be gone, next season ? :mad:

Old
03-13-2005, 01:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
How is O'Byrne season so far?

He's had a good season, showed solid improvement over last year. Should play a bigger role with the team next year, as Cornell will lose their top 2 defensemen this summer.

As for Pokulok, he was injured, so I assume he still is. Don't know what Jessiman will do. I assume he will sign with NY but I don't know. They are going to lose Stemper, so if they lose both it would be a big loss to their offense, so they will need Wyman to step up next year.

Old
03-13-2005, 09:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Dartmouth doesn't advance, as they lose 2-1 tonight. Wyman ends his season with 11 pts, 3rd in rookie scoring on the team of four rookies. The other rookie Johnson lead the team in goals and should be the ECAC rookie of the year imo. (although Fallon would also be a good one)

Cornell takes on Vermont friday at 4:30. The game is being shown on CSTV on a tape delay, saturday morning. The winner goes to the ECAC championship game, which is on CSTV saturday night at 8 pm. If anyone gets CSTV and watches the Cornell-Vermont game, keep an eye on Vermont Freshman goalie Joe Fallon '05, he's an older freshman though as he just turned 20 but having a very good year. Played in the USHL before going to Vermont, a comon trend it seems.

Old
03-13-2005, 09:53 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Dartmouth doesn't advance, as they lose 2-1 tonight. Wyman ends his season with 11 pts, 3rd in rookie scoring on the team of four rookies. The other rookie Johnson lead the team in goals and should be the ECAC rookie of the year imo. (although Fallon would also be a good one)

Cornell takes on Vermont friday at 4:30. The game is being shown on CSTV on a tape delay, saturday morning. The winner goes to the ECAC championship game, which is on CSTV saturday night at 8 pm. If anyone gets CSTV and watches the Cornell-Vermont game, keep an eye on Vermont Freshman goalie Joe Fallon '05, he's an older freshman though as he just turned 20 but having a very good year. Played in the USHL before going to Vermont, a comon trend it seems.
That sucks.

Well , Wyman got some experience.That should be great for him.I thought Darmouth would beat Vermont pretty easily but they cameback.They were undiscplined , they took too much penalties , even tonight.I really wanted to see Wyman play against Gleed and O'Byrne.Too bad.

Dartmout started really slow and they bouced back , so atleast they went to the playoffs.

Old
03-18-2005, 04:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Cornell plays in the semi-finals today. Game is under way with the Big Red getting an early 1-0 lead. No pts for O'Byrne or Gleed. Winner goes to the finals tomorrow night against the winner of Havard-Colgate which is later tonight. Both games are on CSTV tonight.

Edit: Cornell wins 3-0, goes on to the ECAC finals tomorrow night. After a first round bye, Cornell is 3-0 in the playoffs. O'Byrne +1, 1 shot. Gleed 2 pims.

Last edited by montreal: 03-18-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old
03-20-2005, 12:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Cornell wins the ECAC for the 2nd time in 3 years. They are on a sick, sick roll, winning 18 games in a row, with 7 SO's over that strech. Out of 33 games they only let in 41 goals against, with only 4 losses.

O'Byrne and Gleed didn't pick up any points tonight, but both played a lot and while not doing anything great, both played well. O'Byrne played on the 2nd PP as well as PK and seeing a lot of ice time. Gleed was on the PK but not PP.

Next weekend it's on to the big tournament. Dartmouth had a chance to get a at large bid, but got beat out by Colgate, so their season is done.

Last edited by montreal: 03-20-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old
03-20-2005, 12:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Looks like Cornell didn't get the #1 seed, will play as the #2 seed. In the frozen four tournament, it's 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 for the first round. Cornell will play Ohio State on saturday at 5 pm CT. It's being broadcast on espn's new college channel, espnu if anyone gets that channel. I do so I'll be taping the game again. (6th or 7th time I've seen them this year, taped all of them) Ohio State has an impressive freshman who should be a first day pick come draft day. Tom Fritsche, who led his team in scoring with 42 pts in 40 games, with 33 assists.

Should be a great game if it's anything like last years Cornell-Ohio St game.

Old
03-20-2005, 02:08 PM
miccim

Quote:
I do so I'll be taping the game again. (6th or 7th time I've seen them this year, taped all of them) Ohio State has an impressive freshman who should be a first day pick come draft day. Tom Fritsche, who led his team in scoring with 42 pts in 40 games, with 33 assists.

Is he related to John and Dan Fritsche ?

Yes he's Dan's brother.

Last edited by montreal: 03-20-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread