HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

habs - canes trade

Old
02-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Cole is NOT playing like a "lazy ass". He was not playing the best hockey ever to start the season, but there are lots of guys who are off to slow starts. An 8 game slow start is not a reason to toss out a 30+ goal scoring, 60+ point producing 1st line power forward who has great chemistry with two young players he is helping to guide further along in their development. Relax, there is no way we start to jettison very valuable veterans like Cole for picks/prospects when we will need him. As has been pointed out, he has started to play better. The Habs are winning. If we are out of the playoff hunt at some point, then start looking to trade him for futures. Right now there is no reason to hit the panic button, yet.

Let's stop insulting people, and start recognizing the value of a veteran point producing power forward off to a slow start that has not hurt the team. Fair enough?
Well you'r probably right but the thing is that slow start coincid with what he said before the season start.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
2 garbage goal, comon you don't need to be a genuis to see that Cole play like if he had 0 motivation.

Hall Gill skate faster than him right now.

Maybe it is his traditionnal slow start but i don't like how he let Desharnais do all the job.
We are getting in a tizzy over silliness. Cole has as many points as guys like: Jeff Carter, Alex Burrows and Kyle Okposo, etc... He has 1 less point than guys like: Iginla, Eriksson, Brown, Seguin, Doan and Kessel. Slow starts are not a reason to trade a guy. Calm down, relax, breathe, and realize that Cole is going to be fine. I told people the same thing about DD, as well. A slow start is not the end of a career for crying out loud.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Well you'r probably right but the thing is that slow start coincid with what he said before the season start.
Understood. I also did not appreciate his comments. However, he has a right to feel disenfranchised with the NHL if he truly believes he is being screwed out of money he feels he has earned. He is simply pissed off. He is startig to turn it around. With time, he will come to terms with what he feels the payers lost, and will recognize that he still makes millions to play a game he loves, and will get back to paying the way he can. His team mates will get his spirits to rise. Patience, young Jedi...

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
We are getting in a tizzy over silliness. Cole has as many points as guys like: Jeff Carter, Alex Burrows and Kyle Okposo, etc... He has 1 less point than guys like: Iginla, Eriksson, Brown, Seguin, Doan and Kessel. Slow starts are not a reason to trade a guy. Calm down, relax, breathe, and realize that Cole is going to be fine. I told people the same thing about DD, as well. A slow start is not the end of a career for crying out loud.
It is not about the stats, the guy miss intensity he should play like Bourque is doing, i hope you understand my point. If you don't, i just give up.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

What he said during/about the lockout was of course silly, but I don't think we have to respect his opinion on that score. We just have to look at what he does on the ice. He was sooooo good last year... again after a slightly slow start... and we can see him coming on similarly lately. I really think if he does his charges down the right wing, and takes increasing advantage of the way the refs are calling interference on those chip plays past the D, he can be an impact player just the way he was in the 2nd half last season. I have confidence in his play on the ice. His mental state... well, beyond our control, if he does his thing on the ice, that's really all we're paying for.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
What he said during/about the lockout was of course silly, but I don't think we have to respect his opinion on that score. We just have to look at what he does on the ice. He was sooooo good last year... again after a slightly slow start... and we can see him coming on similarly lately. I really think if he does his charges down the right wing, and takes increasing advantage of the way the refs are calling interference on those chip plays past the D, he can be an impact player just the way he was in the 2nd half last season. I have confidence in his play on the ice. His mental state... well, beyond our control, if he does his thing on the ice, that's really all we're paying for.
Exactly, I only hope it is just a slow start and not a lack of motivation.

It frustrates me to see some people criticize Desharnais while he is alone on his trio, fortunately paccioretty is back.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Habsrback

Cole is coming into his game. Even though it is not showing in his stats, he is directly responsible for two winning goals so far through some excellent work in front of the net where he sacrificed himself...not exactly what you might call the act of a demotivated player.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
wallym

vCash: 615
People keep mentioning McBain in the same sentence as Faulk...

wallym is offline   Reply With Quote