HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phx:cbj:col

Old
02-25-2013, 06:30 PM
YotesFan47

vCash: 500
Phx:cbj:col

I know everyone and their mothers, brothers, cousins, poodle has made trade scenarios about this but I figured I would give it a go.

To Colorado:
Keith Yandle
Antoine Vermette

To Phoenix:
ROR
2013 2nd
Michael Sgarbossa

To Columbus:
Col 2013 2nd
Jason LaBarbera
Phx 2014 3rd
Andy Miele

To Phoenix:
Steve Mason
Artem Anisimov

This gives Colorado a top pairing PMD and a suitable 3rd line center. Columbus gets more picks to continue their rebuild and a veteran backup for Bobrovsky. Phoenix gets a #1 center, a new backup that they can hopefully transform into a #1 if we lose Smith in the offseason and a more budget friendly 3rd line center, and an almost ready center prospect.

YotesFan47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:41 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I know Mason is on the outs, but I can't see Columbus tempted to move Anisimov for a second and third just to get rid of him. Maybe I'm wrong ...

_Del_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Not interested in Vermette or losing Sgarbossa, figure out the deal without those assets.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
To Columbus:
Col 2013 2nd
Jason LaBarbera
Phx 2014 3rd
Andy Miele

To Phoenix:
Steve Mason
Artem Anisimov
Be thankful that I got here first and that I'm not in a foul mood.

This is unbalanced badly, and would serve absolutely no purpose for Columbus.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Boedker89

Quote:
I know everyone and their mothers, brothers, cousins, poodle has made trade scenarios about this but I figured I would give it a go.

To Colorado:
Keith Yandle
Antoine Vermette

To Phoenix:
ROR
2013 2nd
Michael Sgarbossa

To Columbus:
Col 2013 2nd
Jason LaBarbera
Phx 2014 3rd
Andy Miele

To Phoenix:
Steve Mason
Artem Anisimov

This gives Colorado a top pairing PMD and a suitable 3rd line center. Columbus gets more picks to continue their rebuild and a veteran backup for Bobrovsky. Phoenix gets a #1 center, a new backup that they can hopefully transform into a #1 if we lose Smith in the offseason and a more budget friendly 3rd line center, and an almost ready center prospect.
Pretty bad for Columbus, and I'm a Phoenix fan. Anisimov is a great player, and LOLBarbera and Steve Mason both suck

Last edited by Boedker89: 02-25-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: emote fail
Boedker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:50 PM
YotesFan47

Mason sucks yes, but so did smith a year ago... What would Columbus want in return for mason and anisimov?

Old
02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Everyone says Mason sucks is watching from the past few years. He's actually been really solid this year. I know stats say otherwise, but if you watch him he looks really good.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Mason sucks yes, but so did smith a year ago... What would Columbus want in return for mason and anisimov?
You don't want to know the cost for Anisimov, but suffice it to say he alone would cost more than your 2nd and 3rd.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:33 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
You don't want to know the cost for Anisimov, but suffice it to say he alone would cost more than your 2nd and 3rd.
Which is precisely why I asked.. What would it take?

Old
02-25-2013, 07:49 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
A young high character high potential forward.

I can't think of any Coyotes forwards that fit the bill because all of your high-end prospects are defensemen.

If Columbus needed defensemen and they don't, then maybe Connor Murphy/David Rundblad + your 2nd in 2013.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
That depends on where your 1st-rounder projects to fall in the draft order.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Not interested in Vermette or losing Sgarbossa, figure out the deal without those assets.
I know nothing about Sgarbossa and don't really want to comment on a trade with that many pieces moving, but I see no reason why you guys wouldn't be interested in Vermette he is a pretty ideal 3rd line center, he is strong defensively and can take some of the tougher assignments away from your young guys and let them transition more smoothly into tougher minutes when they are ready and he has the kind of wheels to not look out of place on a young fast skating team. Just my two cents.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:24 PM
cgf
Un-fire Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I know nothing about Sgarbossa and don't really want to comment on a trade with that many pieces moving, but I see no reason why you guys wouldn't be interested in Vermette he is a pretty ideal 3rd line center, he is strong defensively and can take some of the tougher assignments away from your young guys and let them transition more smoothly into tougher minutes when they are ready and he has the kind of wheels to not look out of place on a young fast skating team. Just my two cents.
Vermette is a guy I like, but Sgar's got a lot of potential and I wouldn't want to put another player in his way. With Dutchy and Staz both being very good in their own end, and Mitchell to fight Sgar for the 3C, the avs don't need a Center coming back in a ROR trade unless it's a stud prospect who might supplant Stastny one day. Sgar's a really pesky forechecker with great hands who's not afraid of putting himself into positions to be dangerous, with good skating he's a talented kid who's on the brink of becoming an NHL regular. He's not a guy we'd wanna give up on right now for an older guy who's capped as a good 3rd C, especially in a trade where we're also trading away Radar.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
We have Malkin playing the 3rd line and doing it very well, better then Vermette would when contracts are taken into consideration.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:37 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Be thankful that I got here first and that I'm not in a foul mood.

This is unbalanced badly, and would serve absolutely no purpose for Columbus.
You always seem to get first to any CBJ proposal thread. I find it weird that such an intelligent person as you are spends so much time on the trade boards

The proposal is really, really bad for the Jackets... And even worse than that.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Paralyzer008

I hate the CBJ deal for them, they basically get spare parts (LaBarbera, Miele) for Mason, who actually hasn't been as bad as usual this year, which makes Anisimov's value close to Ponikarovsky's apparently.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:46 PM
shadow1

The Colorado deal is solid, IMO.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 1963
The Colorado 2nd round pick might be a high one around 30-35 and I really like Pirate (Sgarbossa). I'd rather just do ROR and a 2nd for Yandle tbh. Though I'd prefer to go with a Bogosian type dman ultimately who maybe doesn't have the same offensive prowess as Yandle but is at least a bit more reliable especially in a not very tight defensive system.

Phx maybe feel like they can do better than ROR + 2nd for Yandle but if they want another top 6 centre then at the same time, it's not bad.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:19 PM
YotesFan47

My apologies to all Columbus fans, didn't realize his value was higher than a 2nd, 3rd, and Miele. The goalies were meant to be a straight swap because I thought mason was on the out and expected his worth to be next to nothing like LaBarbera. Colorado expressed little interest in Vermette so to take him and sgarbossa out of that deal and make it Vermette, col 2013 2nd, LaBarbera, and a coyotes 2014 3rd be more accurate value?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
The Colorado 2nd round pick might be a high one around 30-35 and I really like Pirate (Sgarbossa). I'd rather just do ROR and a 2nd for Yandle tbh. Though I'd prefer to go with a Bogosian type dman ultimately who maybe doesn't have the same offensive prowess as Yandle but is at least a bit more reliable especially in a not very tight defensive system.

Phx maybe feel like they can do better than ROR + 2nd for Yandle but if they want another top 6 centre then at the same time, it's not bad.
I rather not include Vermette. RO'R + 2nd isn't enough. Trading Yandle to the Avs may mean the Avs have a good chance making the playoffs (but also depends on getting players back from injuries). The 1st would make the 'Yotes interested, but they would need to add. IMO, the Avs won't trade an unsigned RO'R until the draft (or leading up to the draft).

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I rather not include Vermette. RO'R + 2nd isn't enough. Trading Yandle to the Avs may mean the Avs have a good chance making the playoffs (but also depends on getting players back from injuries). The 1st would make the 'Yotes interested, but they would need to add. IMO, the Avs won't trade an unsigned RO'R until the draft (or leading up to the draft).
I was going to address that in a bit when I got home from work, I wouldn't do Yandle for ror and a 2nd either. For now I was gauging Columbus fans on changing Vermette in for Miele.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Cu Culann

Poor Columbus, always the whipping boy in these things. "Hey, the BJs are rebuilding or something I think, let's ship them some picks for their best players!" I think that Mayor Bee is going to have a heart attack. He's got no time to go for a walk if he has to deal with this all the time. Won't anybody think of the kids?

Also, how has Anisimov been this year? Never get to see C-bus play.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:39 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
Poor Columbus, always the whipping boy in these things. "Hey, the BJs are rebuilding or something I think, let's ship them some picks for their best players!" I think that Mayor Bee is going to have a heart attack. He's got no time to go for a walk if he has to deal with this all the time. Won't anybody think of the kids?

That actually wasn't at all the case. I may have misjudged value but I certainly tried to provide value. Miele is a good player IMO, just in the wrong position, I gave a 30-40 pick, a pick next year, and the it was a goalie swap. To my knowledge anisimov isn't the best player, though please correct me if I'm wrong. I was merely looking for an affordable big body to play 3rd line center and a project goalie because we seem to be good at that. I have no problem adjusting the pieces, this was just to get an idea of what the fan bases thought. Please use constructive feedback in your posts otherwise you're undermining the whole process.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:11 PM
dahrougem2

I'm not sure Columbus would move Anisimov for an awful package like that one, let alone include Mason no matter how much he has regressed. I like the trade from the Avs' perspective, Vermette is lights out on faceoffs and a great checking centre who can put up some points, and we all know what Yandle brings to the table

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
My apologies to all Columbus fans, didn't realize his value was higher than a 2nd, 3rd, and Miele. The goalies were meant to be a straight swap because I thought mason was on the out and expected his worth to be next to nothing like LaBarbera. Colorado expressed little interest in Vermette so to take him and sgarbossa out of that deal and make it Vermette, col 2013 2nd, LaBarbera, and a coyotes 2014 3rd be more accurate value?
LaBarbera has no real value; he's basically Curtis Sanford or McElhinney on an NHL roster. Mason's value to Columbus would be much higher simply because he's worth it as a reclamation project of sorts. He's looked dramatically better this year compared to the last three seasons as well.

With Vermette, I think we can point to his time in Columbus as the anomaly in his career. 13 points in 17 games in 2008-09, 65 points the next year, 47 the next. Not so much since then. He's similar to good Malhotra in the sense that he can win faceoffs and play in all situations, although his offense is better and his defense is worse. Still, a versatile player, but one on the downswing of his career.

Quote:
That actually wasn't at all the case. I may have misjudged value but I certainly tried to provide value. Miele is a good player IMO, just in the wrong position, I gave a 30-40 pick, a pick next year, and the it was a goalie swap. To my knowledge anisimov isn't the best player, though please correct me if I'm wrong. I was merely looking for an affordable big body to play 3rd line center and a project goalie because we seem to be good at that. I have no problem adjusting the pieces, this was just to get an idea of what the fan bases thought. Please use constructive feedback in your posts otherwise you're undermining the whole process.
I'll give you credit for effort, and I certainly didn't detect any of the malice that normally accompanies a CBJ trade idea. Those normally involve me jabbing away while Viqsi threatens to set people on fire, while the other side calls us a bunch of farmers who can't watch the late games because we have to make sure the cows and horses are bedded down for the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post

Anisimov was described by NYR fans as "occasionally great, but maddeningly inconsistent". So far, Columbus has seen more of the former and less of the latter. Even if he's not producing offense, he's doing something of value. I actually looked up his numbers so far and was surprised to only see 6 points in 15 games (4 goals though); he's been all over the place and has been one of the better players on the ice.

To your first part, I normally can pick up on when someone's intentionally annoying us. I don't see this as being one of those cases.