HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#10 Chicago vs. San Jose 7:30PM •Colorful Edition•

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 12:57 AM
  #1051
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Doug Wilson needs to take a page out of Brian Sabean's book and remove the players from the roster that the coach loves to use but are in actuality just awful.

Lebanezer is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:57 AM
  #1052
wtfisthis
Registered User
 
wtfisthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,838
vCash: 500
Now DW is gonna go insane and make crazy trades.

wtfisthis is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:57 AM
  #1053
dwood16
Registered User
 
dwood16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
So....... Murray is the latest goat. Wtf?

You people are out of your minds. Murray is the same Murray he's always been. Yes he's not agile but he stays back defensively anyway so who cares. He blocks a ton of shots, hits and play a solid positional d game. You need at least one guy like that on your team. This team is already pretty soft anyway.

Also, perhaps you should go to a game and see what positioning is all about and how well certain players play the puck when they are pressured. It looks a lot different in person.

The real goats of that game should be Braun, Clowe, Havlat and Marleau. Not to mention Boyle was pretty bad.

There is no quick fix. Trading Murray won't fix the team. Mostly because he isn't dragging it down as much as you think and also because you are letting you emotions make you think he is. Now if he were a forward that was relied on to score and kept sh*ting away his chances that would be different.

dwood16 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:58 AM
  #1054
lsx
Registered User
 
lsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 3,158
vCash: 500
Players come back from lockout, don't get training camp, and win first few games decisively. Tmac then gets them to go back to his system and now they can't score....hmmm

I said it last year and all off-season, that bull headed moron needs his walking papers.

lsx is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:59 AM
  #1055
WTFetus
Moderator
Marlov
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So....... Murray is the latest goat. Wtf?

You people are out of your minds. Murray is the same Murray he's always been. Yes he's not agile but he stays back defensively anyway so who cares. He blocks a ton of shots, hits and play a solid positional d game. You need at least one guy like that on your team. This team is already pretty soft anyway..
Murray has sucked for two seasons now. He's not great defensively because he's extremely slow. He can't play aggressively because he's extremely slow. He can't hit as often anymore because he's extremely slow. Demers is better offensively, better defensively, and more physical.
All Murray is good for is blocking shots.

And Murray "staying back" defensively is one of his biggest problems. Unlike the more mobile D, he gives up the blue-line way too easily and just allows the opposition to skate in.

WTFetus is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
  #1056
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So....... Murray is the latest goat. Wtf?

You people are out of your minds. Murray is the same Murray he's always been. Yes he's not agile but he stays back defensively anyway so who cares. He blocks a ton of shots, hits and play a solid positional d game. You need at least one guy like that on your team. This team is already pretty soft anyway.

Also, perhaps you should go to a game and see what positioning is all about and how well certain players play the puck when they are pressured. It looks a lot different in person.

The real goats of that game should be Braun, Clowe, Havlat and Marleau. Not to mention Boyle was pretty bad.

There is no quick fix. Trading Murray won't fix the team. Mostly because he isn't dragging it down as much as you think and also because you are letting you emotions make you think he is. Now if he were a forward that was relied on to score and kept sh*ting away his chances that would be different.
Murray -3 and responsible for the GWG. Nuff said.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
  #1057
lsx
Registered User
 
lsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 3,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So....... Murray is the latest goat. Wtf?

You people are out of your minds. Murray is the same Murray he's always been. Yes he's not agile but he stays back defensively anyway so who cares. He blocks a ton of shots, hits and play a solid positional d game. You need at least one guy like that on your team. This team is already pretty soft anyway.

Also, perhaps you should go to a game and see what positioning is all about and how well certain players play the puck when they are pressured. It looks a lot different in person.

The real goats of that game should be Braun, Clowe, Havlat and Marleau. Not to mention Boyle was pretty bad.

There is no quick fix. Trading Murray won't fix the team. Mostly because he isn't dragging it down as much as you think and also because you are letting you emotions make you think he is. Now if he were a forward that was relied on to score and kept sh*ting away his chances that would be different.
No, Murray used to be very good at positioning himself and making smart decisions with the puck that made up for his severe lack of mobility...it has been a long time since he's done that and all he's good for now is blocking shots.

lsx is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:02 AM
  #1058
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So....... Murray is the latest goat. Wtf?

You people are out of your minds. Murray is the same Murray he's always been. Yes he's not agile but he stays back defensively anyway so who cares. He blocks a ton of shots, hits and play a solid positional d game. You need at least one guy like that on your team. This team is already pretty soft anyway.
Stuart and Vlasic who whoa! Get this! Can also skate!

Mafoofoo is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:03 AM
  #1059
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Stuart and Vlasic who whoa! Get this! Can also skate!


MOAR TRUCULENCE.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:03 AM
  #1060
wtfisthis
Registered User
 
wtfisthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post
Players come back from lockout, don't get training camp, and win first few games decisively. Tmac then gets them to go back to his system and now they can't score....hmmm

I said it last year and all off-season, that bull headed moron needs his walking papers.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

wtfisthis is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  #1061
dwood16
Registered User
 
dwood16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Murray has sucked for two seasons now. He's not great defensively because he's extremely slow. He can't play aggressively because he's extremely slow. He can't hit as often anymore because he's extremely slow. Demers is better offensively, better defensively, and more physical.
All Murray is good for is blocking shots.

And Murray "staying back" defensively is one of his biggest problems. Unlike the more mobile D, he gives up the blue-line way too easily and just allows the opposition to skate in.
So Murray could hit before but can't now because is slower than before? Nope, he is definitely faster than he was in his first 2 seasons. Also, Murray is actually one of the better players at standing up on the blueline. Do you watch these games? So, do you think Boyle is good at preventing blue-line entries? How about Vlasic? Who would you say is the best on the team at this?

dwood16 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  #1062
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 45,247
vCash: 500
Great..now we have 3 days to beat a dead horse.

Gene Parmesan is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:05 AM
  #1063
WTFetus
Moderator
Marlov
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Stuart and Vlasic who whoa! Get this! Can also skate!
Stuart and Demers are also better at being physical than Murray.

Seriously, when was the last time Murray's physicality lead to a game-changing hit like these




WTFetus is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:05 AM
  #1064
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Murray has sucked for two seasons now. He's not great defensively because he's extremely slow. He can't play aggressively because he's extremely slow. He can't hit as often anymore because he's extremely slow. Demers is better offensively, better defensively, and more physical.
All Murray is good for is blocking shots.

And Murray "staying back" defensively is one of his biggest problems. Unlike the more mobile D, he gives up the blue-line way too easily and just allows the opposition to skate in.
I absolutely hate that about Murray. Not only does he let the other team easily, his partner can't be as aggressive. He really drags down whoever he is paired with.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:05 AM
  #1065
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,024
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Doug Wilson needs to take a page out of Brian Sabean's book and remove the players from the roster that the coach loves to use but are in actuality just awful.
I think you just described part of the movie "Moneyball"

magic school bus is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:07 AM
  #1066
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I absolutely hate that about Murray. Not only does he let the other team easily, his partner can't be as aggressive. He really drags down whoever he is paired with.
Let this be a testament to how ****ing amazing Brent Burns is: Burns played more than half the season with Murray, yet Burns had a +8 Rel Corsi, and Murray had a -16.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:09 AM
  #1067
WTFetus
Moderator
Marlov
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I absolutely hate that about Murray. Not only does he let the other team easily, his partner can't be as aggressive. He really drags down whoever he is paired with.
Reminds me of defensemen in NHL 13 who just stand in front of the goalie and allow the other team to walk in and cheese it.

WTFetus is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:09 AM
  #1068
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Let this be a testament to how ****ing amazing Brent Burns is: Burns played more than half the season with Murray, yet Burns had a +8 Rel Corsi, and Murray had a -16.
And let this be a testament to how stupid Tmac for pairing arguably his best dman, in Burns, with Douglas freaking Murray.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:10 AM
  #1069
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I think you just described part of the movie "Moneyball"

Lebanezer is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:11 AM
  #1070
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Reminds me of defensemen in NHL 13 who just stand in front of the goalie and allow the other team to walk in and cheese it.
Don't get me started on NHL 13...that game pisses me off so much sometimes.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:12 AM
  #1071
lsx
Registered User
 
lsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 3,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So Murray could hit before but can't now because is slower than before? Nope, he is definitely faster than he was in his first 2 seasons. Also, Murray is actually one of the better players at standing up on the blueline. Do you watch these games? So, do you think Boyle is good at preventing blue-line entries? How about Vlasic? Who would you say is the best on the team at this?

I think you need to turn that question back on yourself, because nobody else sees it the way you do.

Murray falls back quickly to keep from being beaten due to his slow speed, this is blatantly obvious to anyone who actually pays attention to the games and knows what they are looking at.

lsx is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:12 AM
  #1072
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Hey should we start a new thread? We are way over 1000 posts.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:13 AM
  #1073
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,630
vCash: 500
Speaking of Burns, any news on his injury and when he can return? We really need him right now.

DuckEatinShark is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:14 AM
  #1074
WTFetus
Moderator
Marlov
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So Murray could hit before but can't now because is slower than before? Nope, he is definitely faster than he was in his first 2 seasons. Also, Murray is actually one of the better players at standing up on the blueline. Do you watch these games? So, do you think Boyle is good at preventing blue-line entries? How about Vlasic? Who would you say is the best on the team at this?
Uh, are you watching the games? Murray is extremely slow now and is horrible at preventing blue-line entries.
And if I were to rank blue-line stoppages it'd be

Vlasic
Stuart


Braun
Demers
Boyle


Irwin








Murray

WTFetus is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:15 AM
  #1075
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 27,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Speaking of Burns, any news on his injury and when he can return? We really need him right now.
Todd said this month. So March.

sjshark91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.