If the season goes down the tubes, who's the first to go?
I'd think ownership will let Oates have the "full" season, so he's out.
Is Green considered part of the core on D, or can we move forward with 74/27/81/spare parts, and move him?
Who's even worth anything to the rest of the NHL, up front? Ward? MJ90? Brouwer?
I know it's early, and this certainly isn't hitting the panic button, but one has to think some pieces will be moving in the next couple weeks, if we can't string together a few wins.
that all depends on how and why it goes down the tubes. right? i know you are looking to stir the pot and talk rolling heads, but let play some more hockey and lets see if they fail and if they fail why they fail.
Maybe this season can be the perfect storm of down seasons. Everyone is the player we though or hoped they were. They just all have a down season and we get a top five pick. And a player that steps right in and makes the team.
And in a season or two we can be a vary young and exciting team again. And the now core will be a little more seasoned.
Ken Holland said he'd evaluate his team after 20 games, so that's what Mafki should do.
If they're still crap, trade all the pending UFAs for futures. Maybe move one of the longer-term guys to shake things up. Then get aggressive with trades at the draft if the core doesn't snap out of their funk.
Life long Bruins fan here ....... as a big time fan of Oates from his days in Boston im wishing nothing but the best for your new coach. His knowledge for the game seemed to be higher than even his obvious skill level. We are 2 or 3 weeks into his coaching career ....... he'll be fine !
I want Ted to sell the team. He is incompetent. It's pathetic.
I agree, but I will say Ted has shown he will spend money. I'm not sure he will in the future though. I don't think I've ever seen an owner so completely clueless about hockey. I remember back when he bought the team how happy I was Abe was gone. Someone joked about getting one of Illitch's kids to buy the team. I laughed at the idea , but at the same time thought interesting idea.
At this time, I'm on the fence for some regarding resigning them:
- Erskine (bad hit last night, but he played like a man possessed, team needs that);
- Poti (may serve as a good mentor for some young d-men)
- Ribeiro (he needs a supporting cast, dare I say Sasha comes home and becomes one of his linemates next season)
- Wolski, doubt we get anything for him so hold on to him until the end of the season
- Hendricks, he's taken on Matt Bradley's role, just for his heart he's a keeper
- Joey Crabb seems a bit redundant with Hendricks, but let's see how things play out a bit longer
- Still hoping that Eric Fehr finds his game or any game
- Jack Hillen, he owes us some games
Others need to go and see what we can get
- Hamrlik, probably around a 4th rounder
- Perreault, I know he's not a free agent, but there's no whining in hockey
Next season(13/14) forwards could possibly look:
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Forsberg
Semin - Ribeiro - Ward
Laich - MAJO - Brouwer
Hendricks - Beagle - Chimera