HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TOR-LA Blockbuster

Old
02-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

vCash: 500
You can not propose a "fair value" or close value trade for a player who is completely unavailable for offers, especially if that player is an integral part of a top contending team.

You'll at least need to double up on value in an offer to even get the other side to talk. In other words you would have to offer so much that it would be totally not worth it to your own franchise. Deals like that are very rare. Even in the Gretzky trade, Pocklington needed a ton of money to pay the young Oilers' new contracts and Gretzky became available for a ton of cash and so that Pocklington could jettison Gretz's huge upcoming contract as well.

Everyone in LA is happy with both Kopitar and his contract. He is not available. And to be really real, Toronto does not produce the type of players that LA is looking for, with a few rare exceptions.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:19 PM
TheSlovenian

Why would LA trade Kopitar?

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Pucklington

LA gets absolutely fleeced.

Pucklington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:06 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Yeah, is there anyone more untouchable on the Kings than Kopitar?

Unrealistic proposal.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
so bozak kadri are trash and jvr is a bottom 6 winger. cause they havent shown anything at the nhl level.
The difference between your opinion and my opinion is the fact that I have actually watched Jonathan Bernier perform. Right now, he is simply not an NHL quality goaltender. He is a prospect that has failed to do anything significant at the NHL level.

Bozak is a third line centre playing as a first line centre. Of course he's going to look bad while doing it, any third liner would.

Kadri is almost a PPG player this year and JVR is playing very well as well.

Why don't you watch some games before voicing opinions such as those? Jonathan Bernier hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. Like I said earlier, there comes a point where potential doesn't matter anymore if you're given multiple attempts to succeed but never do.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Bernier is a bust.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselmania View Post
To Leafs: Anze Kopitar, Johnathan Bernier, Nick Ebert
To LA Kings: Phil Kessel, Carl Gunnarsson, Morgan Rielly

Why Toronto does it: Gives Leafs a new face of the franchise and a solid two way player. Also gives them a potential starting goalie and a project defenseman.

Why LA does it: Gives LA their best sniper since Ziggy Palffy while also giving them depth at the blueline which they are sorely lacking this year. Gunnarsson is quietly a very effective top 4 blueliner. Also LA acquires a potential stud #1 defenseman.

You have to give up something to get something. I think both teams benefit in the long run. Both teams also deal from a position of strength.
From a kings point of view . Done.

Bernier is a joke. I dont know much about Ebert except he is a prospect. Kopitar is excellent of course .

Kessel is also excellent provided he has a center who can match his skill. He has either Richards, Carter can play center as well and Dustin Brown.

Reilly is going to be a stud and would be a counter point to Doughty. Gunnarson is a solid top 4 guy who could end up playing 26 min a night when he matures.

Kings win this trade.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post

Bernier is a joke. I dont know much about Ebert except he is a prospect. Kopitar is excellent of course .

Kessel is also excellent provided he has a center who can match his skill. He has either Richards, Carter can play center as well and Dustin Brown.

Reilly is going to be a stud and would be a counter point to Doughty. Gunnarson is a solid top 4 guy who could end up playing 26 min a night when he matures.

Kings win this trade.
False, not done, no thanks. I'd rather trade Carter or Richards for Kessel than trade Kopitar, of all people.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
The Tree was happy.

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Win cup.
Trade #1C, great defensively as well for streaky one demensional winger.
Fire GM.

Great Plan.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Winger23

Quote:

Kings win this trade.
From a Kings point of view, hell no. Kopi is going nowhere. "fair value" or not, Kopi is the perfect fit for the kings system, strong 2 way play. No reason what-so-ever to trade Kopi.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
False, not done, no thanks. I'd rather trade Carter or Richards for Kessel than trade Kopitar, of all people.
Ya because you gotta get an EXTRA GOOD RIPOFF rather than just rip the Leafs off.

You are already getting Morgan Reilly, Gunnarson and #%#$@3 Kessel for the guy.

Bernier is virtually worthless, and your other guy is just a mid level prospect.

And you cross your arms, POUT and insist its richards or carter just to make it a bigger ripoff?

Look. Kopitar is good. But hes not Malkin. Hes not Stamkos .

My god man.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Wizeman*

This deal is a winner for the Kings. I would take it all day. If you have this big an emotional attachment for Kopitar, then the trade would have to be BOTH Crosby and Malkin before you would give up your beloved guy.

I understand, but as Lombardi, I take the deal. Kessel will FLOURISH in Los Angeles.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:05 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Ya because you gotta get an EXTRA GOOD RIPOFF rather than just rip the Leafs off.

Bernier is virtually worthless, and your other guy is just a mid level prospect.

And you cross your arms, POUT and insist its richards or carter just to make it a bigger ripoff?

My god man.
then what is kessel, i doubt ur a kings fan?

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Kessel to us in LA is worth half of Jeff Carter. In a video game they may be equal with Kessel with an edge more. But Kessel does not fit our team concept thus has little value to us.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:36 PM
PSGJ

I see no reason for the Kings to rock the boat. Bernier is the only one I see them trading.

PSGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Kings say no. Leafs should hopefully say no.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
leafs should do whatever it takes:

grabovsky kulemin mccarthur
franson or gunnarsson
1st pick or 2nd rd pick
for
richards
carter
something
something

lupul richards kessel
frattin kadri carter
jvr bozak komarov

williams kopitar brown
mccarthur grabovsky kulemin
stoll penner

Get off the computer, your mommy is calling...unbelievable!

Mats26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

THere are probably very few players in the league the Kings would trade Kopitar for and Phil Kessel isn't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
Win cup.
Trade #1C, great defensively as well for streaky one dimensional winger.
Fire GM.

Great Plan.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:

My god man.
A player like Kopitar who has played all but 18 games or so in the past 6+ seasons, consistently led the team in points, plays a solid two-way game, kills penalties, performs well in the playoffs, etc. etc., isn't valuable enough to the Kings to retain him for a long time because he doesn't put up 60 goals or 100 points a la Malkin or Stamkos?

Wow!!!

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote