HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculators, Continue

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsownnhl View Post
The only place Josefson has trade value is on the devils section of hfboards
this is just a silly post.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I like what I've seen from Butler, especially last night. But the Devils can sure use some size in their bottom 6.
Agreed. I'm on the Kulemin train.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Devils1029

I'm not so sure that Lou brought in Loki to play with the big club. I'm thinking that it was to replace some depth in Albany, especially at Center and gives him some options longer term. Yayo and Henrique centered in Albany and now with Butler up and Tedenby hurt, the scoring depth in Albany is relying on who? Tim Sestito?

Having the extra d-men is a luxury and with the team winning, I don't see any rush to make changes right now.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
I'm not so sure that Lou brought in Loki to play with the big club. I'm thinking that it was to replace some depth in Albany, especially at Center and gives him some options longer term. Yayo and Henrique centered in Albany and now with Butler up and Tedenby hurt, the scoring depth in Albany is relying on who? Tim Sestito?

Having the extra d-men is a luxury and with the team winning, I don't see any rush to make changes right now.
From everything I've read, it seems like Lotkinov is fleeing to Russia if he doesn't get a shot with an NHL club.

So yea, I hope he gets his shot at some point this season because it would've been stupid asset management to just give away any draft pick for a 1 year AHL player.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Ya, despite him going to the AHL now, it would be pointless to bring him in and not give him a shot. Lou never makes moves with only the AHL team in mind, even veteran signings down there are only done to help develop the prospects, and this doesn't fit with that type of move.

Loki will get a chance to stick with the NHL team. Whether he seizes the chance is up to him.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post

Doubt it, Lou has made it clear over the years that he really doesn't care what Albany does in the standings just that they are teaching the prospects how to be Devils.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Scott04

Lou probably made the move because there was an opportunity to get a good young player for a late round pick. Its a great value move and boosts organizational depth. When/if he'll get called up will probably depend on too many other factors (team success, injuries, performance of specific players ahead of him on the entire "depth chart," and whether or not other trades are made). I'm sure Lou felt he was more than good enough to contribute at the NHL level within the near future, be it this year or next, and it was worth bringing him in. I'm sure if he performs in Albany he likely will get every chance to break into the lineup with the big club. Only thing(s) that would stop that is if we suddenly find 4 lines that click with what we have, or make a notable trade that Lou felt was necessary to make.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Doubt it, Lou has made it clear over the years that he really doesn't care what Albany does in the standings just that they are teaching the prospects how to be Devils.
Bingo. Depends of team results, injuries and other things we're not aware of, but Loko will get his chance to make the team sooner or later

Old
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
The Green Unit

Anyway, if you read between the lines, this trade makes sense only if Loko gets a decent shot to make the big club. Count him already as a KHLer otherwise.
Lamoriello wouldn't throw away a 5th rounder just for playing 3 months a guy in the AHL and goodbye.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Anyway, if you read between the lines, this trade makes sense only if Loko gets a decent shot to make the big club. Count him already as a KHLer otherwise.
Lamoriello wouldn't throw away a 5th rounder just for playing 3 months a guy in the AHL and goodbye.
I think the question is the timetable. If his attitude is immediately or I'm gone, then that is his flaw.

If his thought is he had no forseeable future with LA and he is looking for a real opportunity, he will most definitely get that.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:27 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Agreed. I'm on the Kulemin train.
Not for the bottom 6, to bump clarktard down right?

Old
02-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Not for the bottom 6, to bump clarktard down right?
At this point I think Zubrus would be the one to get bumped down if we acquire a top 6 guy.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
JimEIV

Zubrus and Clarkson as 3rd liners because we had enough in the top 6 would mean major success.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Kulemin wouldn't bump Clarkson down, he might bump Zubrus. I think Kulemin would be an ideal third liner, and a good complementary guy for the top 6.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:56 PM
apice3*

Yeah I've been very unimpressed with Zubrus all season.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I haven't minded him, but I'm still afraid we're gonna overpay for him. I don't want him for $3 million. $2.5 million a year for 2 is more than fair. Let's not forget early in 11/12 people were complaining about his current salary. I distinctly remember someone saying ''The salary cap has gone up since we signed him so that contract is not bad right now'' and I agreed with them. He needs to take a pay cut though on the next contract.

Other than that he's not really a first line guy, but I really miss him when Matteau is on that line.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I haven't minded him, but I'm still afraid we're gonna overpay for him. I don't want him for $3 million. $2.5 million a year for 2 is more than fair. Let's not forget early in 11/12 people were complaining about his current salary. I distinctly remember someone saying ''The salary cap has gone up since we signed him so that contract is not bad right now'' and I agreed with them. He needs to take a pay cut though on the next contract.
He's going to be 35 years old and it's been a while since he's really lit the lamp... he's definitely going to be taking a pay cut.

It's very clear how much the organization values him, though. So he'll probably get 3 - 4 years and everyone will complain about that, instead.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
He's going to be 35 years old and it's been a while since he's really lit the lamp... he's definitely going to be taking a pay cut.

It's very clear how much the organization values him, though. So he'll probably get 3 - 4 years and everyone will complain about that, instead.
I doubt he gets 4 years. Possibly 3 though.

I'm just saying people have been complaining about his salary since 2007 (I was never one of them) now some of the same people are saying he should make the same as what he's getting now. I remember some people begging for him to be waived back in 2010 when we had the cap trouble too.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
As it turned out, he had an injury and now is out of the lineup and resting. Something definitely seemed off.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

I even remember an article somewhere back before opening night in 2010. It said the Devils were in the process of waiving Zubrus. I remember people salivating over the fact he would be waived. Though it turned out to be BS. I just think he should take a pay cut. Poni is 2 years younger, and got $1.8 million for just a year. I won't deny there's better aspects about Zubrus than Poni though.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:17 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Didn't Zubrus get hurt when he got hit through the boards by the bench?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 PM
manilaNJ

I don't care what these "people" think or thought because Lou and Conte have always held the reins tight on this organization. And "people" are prone to having dumbass opinions.

Based on management's comments past and present, they respect Zubrus' style of play and his contributions both on and off the score sheet. Conte flat out said at the draft that they're looking to replicate his style of play throughout the bottom 6.

They'll do what they can to lock him in for a few more years, hopefully reasonably.
Especially since he's become Matteau's mentor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Didn't Zubrus get hurt when he got hit through the boards by the bench?
I believe so. I just think that, like the majority of the league, he's just starting to find his legs, though. He's been a bit slow to get into it offensively, but the simpler elements of his game were still there.
Hope he comes back sooner rather than later.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

$2.5 for Zubrus I have no issue with. I'd be more happy with closer to $2 million.

Before Matteau was drafted I thought the Devils might move on from Zubrus after this year like they have with older players before. After seeing him be a mentor to Matteau I think they'll try to keep him.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:31 PM
manilaNJ

A player like Zubrus is critical to two major factors of the Devils current system: cycling down low and overpowering opponents on the boards.

I can't see the Devils moving on from that unless either he doesn't want to come back or they no longer find him as useful anymore. I can't be certain about the former, especially considering our UFA history, but I find it doubtful that the latter becomes true.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
A player like Zubrus is critical to two major factors of the Devils current system: cycling down low and overpowering opponents on the boards.

I can't see the Devils moving on from that unless either he doesn't want to come back or they no longer find him as useful anymore. I can't be certain about the former, especially considering our UFA history, but I find it doubtful that the latter becomes true.
I think he'll stay. The vets seem to like it there in particular. We saw that with Moose, and Sal more recently.

What do you think is a fair price for him?

Closed Thread