Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames beat the Red Wings 4-1.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Hate to say it, but I kinda hope Kipper is out for a while. I wanna see Irving get a decent shot at handling the starter position.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Good to see the Flames win when they clearly deserved to. Especially good to see Iginla with the monkey off his back.

Regarding Kiprusoff, I actually wouldn't be all that upset with a long term injury (i.e. four to eight weeks) because I do believe it's the only the way Irving would ever get a fair shot with the organization, assuming of course Feaster doesn't make a panic trade, like giving assets for Bishop or what have you. A long enough injury and Irving getting more than the 24 or so starts he needs would also mean he would finish the season as an RFA, instead of a UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Barry Brust Danny Taylor, don't give up assets to get ANOTHER goalie.
This. It's exactly the type of move Darryl Sutter would have made, assuming Kipper's out for a while. With so many goalies in the system, it'd be a really short-sighted move.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs

vCash: 550
Don't like seeing Kipper go down in his best game of the year so far.
I'm hoping it's just a little tweak or something and he'll be fine in a few days...

Anyways, great game finally. Top line finally started playing like one, I still don't see the need for Stajan to be between the two Czechs, he looks lost most of the time. Put skill with skill and throw Backlund on that line, Stajan will probably be better off with Glencross and Stemp, who are by far more simple players that are shoot first.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!

vCash: 1124
I actually did believe the team when they said Kipper could play 48 games, and I thought they would run him 48 games.

Irving now has a solid chance if Kipper is out for a few more games. It's time to impress Feaster.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Regarding Brust and Taylor. Aren't they signed by the Heat? Can we actually call them up?

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game! Lower bowl about 15 rows up behind Howard. Great game to see in person... Kipper played fantastic and our d-men got it done. Pics and bids to come!

Great to see Cammy step up although outside of his assists he was mostly invisible. Brodie made a few big oopsies but bouw was good and I liked backlunds work around the net.

Woohoo!

fallsviewafro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:51 PM
CalgaryFlames1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I'm hoping it's just a little tweak or something and he'll be fine in a few days...

Anyways, great game finally. Top line finally started playing like one, I still don't see the need for Stajan to be between the two Czechs, he looks lost most of the time. Put skill with skill and throw Backlund on that line, Stajan will probably be better off with Glencross and Stemp, who are by far more simple players that are shoot first.
I quite like Stajan between the two. IMO he is stronger defensively than Backlund and is better at faceoffs. His main job is to get the Czech's the puck and he knows that. Backlund is looking like a shooter this year and that's not what we need as Hudler and Cervenka are both shooters. I'd rather put a pass first guy like Stajan between them who is defensively inclined than Backlund who, though may be more skilled, does not fit in with that line. It's not about putting the best players together, it's about putting the right players together

CalgaryFlames1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Regarding Brust and Taylor. Aren't they signed by the Heat? Can we actually call them up?
They can be signed to a contract and then recalled. No different than any other free agent signing really.

Another option on a short term injury is to sign and call up Brossoit on an injury recall, this way it won't eat one of the 50 contracts.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
We cannot but we can sign them to a 2 way deal and let them play with us and then he will have to be put on waivers when Kipper is back.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
They can be signed to a contract and then recalled. No different than any other free agent signing really.

Another option on a short term injury is to sign and call up Brossoit on an injury recall, this way it won't eat one of the 50 contracts.
I don't think this is possible as it would have to be an emergency recall like with Sven meaning we have to have a certain number of injuries.

If Kipper is going to be out a while I would either sign Brust or trade Babchuck for McElhinney

Old
02-05-2013, 09:59 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
We cannot but we can sign them to a 2 way deal and let them play with us and then they will have to be put back on waivers when Kipper is back.
Yes. Another option is that there is 4 games left Ramo's KHL regular season, if they meet an early exit Ramo could theoretically be available in 3 weeks. But being the #2 team in the KHL that is unlikely.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
I don't think this is possible as it would have to be an emergency recall like with Sven meaning we have to have a certain number of injuries.

If Kipper is going to be out a while I would either sign Brust or trade Babchuck for McElhinney
It would have to be allowed since Brossoit would be the only goaltender under contract in North America. Injuries matter per position not per team.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:04 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Yes. Another option is that there is 4 games left Ramo's KHL regular season, if they meet an early exit Ramo could theoretically be available in 3 weeks. But being the #2 team in the KHL that is unlikely.
Yea he most likely won't be available for a month and a half.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:05 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
It would have to be allowed since Brossoit would be the only goaltender under contract in North America. Injuries matter per position not per team.
I wasn't aware of that I thought there was a minimum injuries needed before it was allowed to happen.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

If Kipper's out for a couple of weeks or more, the best option would be to sign Taylor and bring him up to backup Irving. Then sign another AHL goaltender for the Heat.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:10 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

I just can't see it being a significant injury due to the fact that he played out the remainder of the second period without any noticeable signs of distress.

On a side note, TJ Brodie continues to impress at every turn. He is looking like a true top four defender at the NHL level already. Great sixty minute game from the boys tonight.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
I wasn't aware of that I thought there was a minimum injuries needed before it was allowed to happen.
it has to be per position, teams never have more than 4 goalies signed between the AHL and NHL, if 3 go down and they are the only 3 injuries would it be fair to force them into a free agent signing or trade of the game is that day? flames could also sign a jr player or ciau player to a 1 day contract to be backup if its only one game

Old
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
it has to be per position, teams never have more than 4 goalies signed between the AHL and NHL, if 3 go down and they are the only 3 injuries would it be fair to force them into a free agent signing or trade of the game is that day? flames could also sign a jr player or ciau player to a 1 day contract to be backup if its only one game
Yeah fair enough I thought we would have at least have 1 call up before Brossoit but apparently I am wrong.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:20 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Yeah fair enough I thought we would have at least have 1 call up before Brossoit but apparently I am wrong.
normally that would be the case but since the only other Flames goaltender under contract is on loan and can't be recalled they would have no other option.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
normally that would be the case but since the only other Flames goaltender under contract is on loan and can't be recalled they would have no other option.
Interesting thanks!

Old
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I just can't see it being a significant injury due to the fact that he played out the remainder of the second period without any noticeable signs of distress.

On a side note, TJ Brodie continues to impress at every turn. He is looking like a true top four defender at the NHL level already. Great sixty minute game from the boys tonight.
Absolutely! It's also nice to see Hartley throw him on the PP

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
First star goes to Rob Kerr for eating that donut on air.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post

You really have it in for Stajan, he's been great there. Don't fix something that isn't broken

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Flames92

We might be blowing this out of proportion, Its nice to speculate but I don't think Kipper will be gone for that long. The fact that he played the rest of the period showed it was probably more of a discomfort than a serious injury. Could be he tweaked something who knows.. Also reporters said he was walking perfectly fine with no limp after the game which might be another good sign.

Anyways, Im happy for Irving that he's getting his chance, Im guessing he might be in for Columbus, but I still think we need Kipper down the stretch soo lets hope hes OK.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Devilspuppet666

rading over these goalie ideas and its very interesting to hear your guy' opinions.

if kippers out for a while it would effect the team but it would be interesting to see how it plays out cause i can see 1 of the 4 happening

1. we give Irving his time to shine
2. we sign Brust (id prefer him) or taylor and see how they do after just stopping everything at the AHL level
3. laurent brossiot coming up (but i'd imagine he would'nt see much time)
4. (i think this is the least likely) trade for a guy that can "hold" a starter job (Emery, Clemmensen, Garon, or even steven mason, altough he may cost too much) im talking guys that can play as a fill in starter and would come cheap... i think thats more for if feaster thinks we NEED someone.

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote