Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames beat the Red Wings 4-1.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
One thing I've noticed about Kiprusoff and something I believe he himself said a while ago, is that he fares much better when he sees more shots. It gets him comfortable and into a rhythm. It's good for his stats too.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:16 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
One thing I've noticed about Kiprusoff and something I believe he himself said a while ago, is that he fares much better when he sees more shots. It gets him comfortable and into a rhythm. It's good for his stats too.
So...

we should trade Bouw + Gio for Eric Staal?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:20 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

vCash: 500
Go Flames Go!

Hoping Backlund and Hudler light it up!

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
So...

we should trade Bouw + Gio for Eric Staal?
Yes, yes we should. The Hurricanes after all do have an extra Staal lying around.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Ya I heard of this too, He was also telling Hartley during training camp that he wants more shots. It is understandable, I like the fact that this team doesn't give up many shots but when a goalie doesn't get a shot for a long period of time they don't get into the game as much. The same reason for if one of our forwards wouldn't get a shift in a while they would come out with cold feet.

If the team continues to play like this he's gona have to find a way to get into the game. limiting a team to just 19 shots should be an easy shutout for Kipper.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

vCash: 50
Return of the Hudler!

I have a bad feeling about this...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Ya I heard of this too, He was also telling Hartley during training camp that he wants more shots. It is understandable, I like the fact that this team doesn't give up many shots but when a goalie doesn't get a shot for a long period of time they don't get into the game as much. The same reason for if one of our forwards wouldn't get a shift in a while they would come out with cold feet.

If the team continues to play like this he's gona have to find a way to get into the game. limiting a team to just 19 shots should be an easy shutout for Kipper.
Which would likely mean a lengthy adjustment period. At his age, and this stage of his career, I doubt it's easy to change something so significant about his game quickly, if at all. Might be a good reason to go with Irving in that case; low shot totals might not be such a big deal for him. Either that or trade Kipper and acquire a goalie that works with Hartley's system.

But regarding shot totals, using the total quantity as the basis to measure success isn't the greatest way to measure success. It's the quality of shots the matter much more. The Flames may be limiting their opponents to 19 shots a game, but if the majority of those are high quality scoring opportunities, then it's not surprising that Kippers numbers will suffer.

Meanwhile, while the Flames had 47 shots on net against Emery, how many of those were weak wristers with no traffic in front? Shots like those, don't have much of chance of going in, but just inflate the total number of shots, while at the same time, give the opposing goalie a confidence boost.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
And there is no such thing as an "easy shutout" for Kipper.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Gary83*

Hey tfong, how does this game work for you? How are you supposed to figure out who to cheer for?

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Hey tfong, how does this game work for you? How are you supposed to figure out who to cheer for?
He cheers for the Flames or he finds a taxidermied horse head in his bed next time he wakes up.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Just ********** win!!!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:09 PM
MarkGio

It's not even debatable!

Given how much tfong talks about the Wings, you would think he has Zetterberg and Datsuk posters all over his wall. I think of Bart Simpson & Krusty the Clown when I hear tfong talk about his Red Wings.

But unfortunately for tfong, I'm expecting a big win tonight from the Flames. Under Sutter I would believe the Flames were too deflated from the last game to show up tonight, but I think Hartely's new system is allowing them to come to the rink ready to have fun and play some hockey.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:15 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
It's not even debatable!

Given how much tfong talks about the Wings, you would think he has Zetterberg and Datsuk posters all over his wall. I think of Bart Simpson & Krusty the Clown when I hear tfong talk about his Red Wings.

But unfortunately for tfong, I'm expecting a big win tonight from the Flames. Under Sutter I would believe the Flames were too deflated from the last game to show up tonight, but I think Hartely's new system is allowing them to come to the rink ready to have fun and play some hockey.
Posters no haha, but I have two red Wings jerseys and none for Calgary

Mzarek might be in net tonight, I'm hoping he'll have a big game it'll be his first NHL game or so and he he does well.

This is just one of those games I want both teams just to play well so I can be happy with the outcome regardless which side it swings.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:20 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
By looking at the record of our backup goalies over the past 4 years, you'll know why. If Kipper is not in that net this team can't win games. The coaching staff has no other choice but to keep their confidence in Kipper, hoping that he will rebound, and I believe he will.
If we look at the record of Jbo over the past few years he shouldn't be playing and yet he has been amazing so far. The past is the past Kipper has had 1 good game so far this year and has cost us several games I don't get the point of sticking with him when he isn't stealing games we aren't playing the hot hand.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper

Calgary based Wings fan coming in peace.

Glad to see "Happy" Hudler is well received by Flames fans, never really understood all of the hate he got from some Wings fans.
Nevertheless, should be a good game tonight with both teams hoping to rebound from frustrating losses. Should be interesting not only because we'll get to see Hudler vs. his replacement (Brunner) but also Tomas Tatar is getting his first game in 2 years and he's often been likened to Hudler. He'll be on the 2nd line with Datsyuk and Filppula to start.
I expect a one goal game.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:33 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I just want a win. Why is it so hard to get one this year? The Flames looked flat under Sutter, but they've started the years off better than this even during slumps.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:33 PM
newfy

No Jackman for the flames? Is he hurt from that fight or just a healthy scratch?

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
No Jackman for the flames? Is he hurt from that fight or just a healthy scratch?
Healthy scratch, or so I hear. The only player really solidified on that 4th line is Jones (and rightfully so).

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I'm still not understanding why Hartley insists on giving Cammalleri all that ice time.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
I'm still not understanding why Hartley insists on giving Cammalleri all that ice time.
Same reason he keeps starting Kipper? And he isn't be giving tons of ice time he is 9th for ES ice time and he gets the pp time because he has a dangerous shot (if he gets it on target).

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
My personal idea: It's all about line chemistry. He doesn't fit well with anyone of the other lines, and playing with Iginla and Tangs that's really the only place left. They work well with one another, and I wouldn't bother ruining Stajan's and Backlund's line for the sake of 1 player (unless of course that player is Baertschi ).

Old
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Unlimited Chequing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't wait for tonight's game. Just got back from holidays where there was no hockey coverage. You'd think I'd be used to it by now after the work stoppage....

Unlimited Chequing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:51 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Healthy scratch, or so I hear. The only player really solidified on that 4th line is Jones (and rightfully so).
Really eh, I always thought fans loved Jackman. Hes a solid all around player that will fight almost anyone. I'm surprised the attitude has shifted on him but he could probably still be hurting he took a few hard ones against Bollig

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!

Quote:
Really eh, I always thought fans loved Jackman. Hes a solid all around player that will fight almost anyone. I'm surprised the attitude has shifted on him but he could probably still be hurting he took a few hard ones against Bollig
Doubtful he's hurting that bad. I remember him generating tons of energy against the Hawks after the fight. Plus 3 of the 7 hits the Flames had was probably his. Hartley has extra players and needs to cycle them.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Problem is we have too many forwards playing well right now, even with Baertschi out there is no spot for Jackman if we want to ice our best lineup really. It would be stupid to force him into the lineup at this point.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote