HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Oilers re-assign forward Mark Arcobello to OKC (Feb. 7th)

Old
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
We don't suck?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Eberle claims that arcobello has skills like the Nuge...
There's definitely a similarity to some of their game. He just doesn't have the same level of skill though

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Eberle claims that arcobello has skills like the Nuge...
Well thats a nice thing to say. Nice boy that Jordan Eberle.

"like" in this being that they both play center, wear helmets, hold sticks, and are hockey players..

Replacement* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I could set my watch to Horcoff being injured. Oh, its that time of year already..

The guy is made out of glass at this point and could give a ****. I don't know what could be more clear.

Belanger? Playing out the string for some easy retirement money. Haven't seen consistent indication he's interested in being here or helping the club all that much.

you seriously going to argue commitment of these players with me?

Other than the blocked shot what do you got. Belanger takes faceoffs? I think its in the job description. Apparently not competing in the slightest is as well. Belanger has been somewhat bette this year but for the most part has been a ghost here.

Belanger and Horcoff both kill penalties. And this year, we are near the top in taking them. And we currently sit at 6th overall, so they much be doing something right, according to those stats, if nothing else. Horcoff has settled in to his 3rd line role, and actually played well there this year, including providing some much needed net presence on the PP. He's done exactly what they told him to do this year. And I write this as one of the biggest critics of Horcoff on this board. Belanger had a bad year and attitude last year. No one can deny that. But this year he's come in fresh and set to be the 4th line guy and PKer, and has embraced that role.He is the only player above 50 % on the dot. He's a different player this year. You'll have to define what non-committment from these players is, because I'm not seeing it. Unless you're just trolling and throwing out silly junk to upset people.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:17 PM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:
I could set my watch to Horcoff being injured. Oh, its that time of year already..

The guy is made out of glass at this point and could give a ****. I don't know what could be more clear.

Belanger? Playing out the string for some easy retirement money. Haven't seen consistent indication he's interested in being here or helping the club all that much.

Other than the blocked shot what do you got. Belanger takes faceoffs? I think its in the job description. Apparently not competing in the slightest is as well. Belanger has been somewhat bette this year but for the most part has been a ghost here.
In 3 of the last 4 years Horcoff has played 77 games or more...

x GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
McCupofOil
Hunting A Cup

Quote:

You are WAY off the mark here. Say what you want about Horcoff's skills being greatly diminshed but the guy busts his buns out there night in and night out and has played the majority of the last 3 out of 4 seasons. Belanger seemed out of sorts last season but the guy has been busting his butt this season and played through a pretty rough injury in his last game which he got for putting his body on the line by blocking a shot. These guys have been competing like crazy for the team. It's beyond ridiculous that you're calling these two out for their work ethics.
I've seen from far out posts from you (the constant (unwarranted) RNH, Eberle and N. Schultz bashing etc.) but this one is pretty crazy even for you.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:24 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
Well thats a nice thing to say. Nice boy that Jordan Eberle.

"like" in this being that they both play center, wear helmets, hold sticks, and are hockey players..
He put up 19 pts in 12 games playing with Hall and Ebs - something Nuge didn't come close to doing.

Let's give the kid a chance at least before tarring and feathering him huh? I'll trust Eb's evaluation over anyone here anyday. After all...he actually played with him.

McBooya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
He put up 19 pts in 12 games playing with Hall and Ebs - something Nuge didn't come close to doing.

Let's give the kid a chance at least before tarring and feathering him huh? I'll trust Eb's evaluation over anyone here anyday. After all...he actually played with him.
I'm j/k around. I'm sure the kids not reading my comments and if he is he shouldn't be.

Everybody has a different response, and reaction, to pain. humor is healthy, let it flow.

It would be funny actually if the first line gets going tonight after multiple off games.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
You are WAY off the mark here. Say what you want about Horcoff's skills being greatly diminshed but the guy busts his buns out there night in and night out and has played the majority of the last 3 out of 4 seasons. Belanger seemed out of sorts last season but the guy has been busting his butt this season and played through a pretty rough injury in his last game which he got for putting his body on the line by blocking a shot. These guys have been competing like crazy for the team. It's beyond ridiculous that you're calling these two out for their work ethics.
I've seen from far out posts from you (the constant (unwarranted) RNH, Eberle and N. Schultz bashing etc.) but this one is pretty crazy even for you.
These guys have been futile. Especially in respect of any offensive component to their game. These guys are bonafide anchors. Put em on any line and it just stifles production.

Look, if we're paying some Center vet 5.5M he should at least be capable of being an outscorer. Horc hasn't been that in ages. -23, and -29 in his last two complete seasons here. That ain't swimming..

I guess I'm supposed to see Horc busting his ass out there. except that I remember when he used to do that he was a very useful player. I haven't seen that Horcoff in years. I don't know anybody has.

You buying Oilerbears koolaid?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:32 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
I'm j/k around. I'm sure the kids not reading my comments and if he is he shouldn't be.

Everybody has a different response, and reaction, to pain. humor is healthy, let it flow.

It would be funny actually if the first line gets going tonight after multiple off games.
110% agreed with this. I have a funny feeling that there is a strong possibility that this just may be the catalyst that makes it so. I hoping it is, although what happens then if it does? If Arc puts up say a couple of points tonight and goes on to produce with Hall and Ebs (while being somewhat decent on the FO - say 40-45% which is good at this point with this team), what does Krueger do?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:35 PM
McCupofOil
Hunting A Cup

Quote:
These guys have been futile. Especially in respect of any offensive component to their game. These guys are bonafide anchors. Put em on any line and it just stifles production.

Look, if we're paying some Center vet 5.5M he should at least be capable of being an outscorer. Horc hasn't been that in ages. -23, and -29 in his last two complete seasons here. That ain't swimming..
Once again, they are not skilled, offensive players and yes, they were ineffective last season for the most part but this season, both played their roles well enough and saying that Horcoff lacks commitment and is made of glass when the guy puts his body on the line to block shots consistently and has played the majority of the last 3 out of 4 seasons is what i took issue with. There's no denying that these guys are offensive black holes but that's not what their role is.
I would agree that Belanger was on cruise control last season but this season, he has been noticeably more engaged and attempted to play through what looked to be a very painful injury in the Colorado game, not sure how you can question his commitment level this season.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:10 PM
nexttothemoon
...better... or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
110% agreed with this. I have a funny feeling that there is a strong possibility that this just may be the catalyst that makes it so. I hoping it is, although what happens then if it does? If Arc puts up say a couple of points tonight and goes on to produce with Hall and Ebs (while being somewhat decent on the FO - say 40-45% which is good at this point with this team), what does Krueger do?

Then they celebrate.

The team needs all the help they can muster to get going offensively right now... especially at even strength where they have been terrible. If Arcobello plays well, that gives them another solid offensive option. Guys can be moved around and put into different spots on the roster if things start clicking on that top line with Arco.

Right now the team is getting decimated by injuries so by necessity they are having to shuffle bodies and lines anyway... maybe they find some decent chemistry as well from all that shuffling.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1637
Well, I'm glad I post here so I know Horcoff and Belanger both got injured on purpose to get time off. Jesus Christ.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Homesick

vCash: 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
If he's going to be any good I think he needs to play with some talent. Him playing with Smyth and Petrell is about as good as putting Jacques on the top line.

Maybe move Gagner to play with Smyth and Petrell. Let's see if Gagner is ready to be the offensive star on a line.
He's already the offensive star on a line with Yakupov and Hemsky....he's the Oilers leading scorer and you want to bounce him down with Smyth and Petrell on the 3/4th line.....lol

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
He's already the offensive star on a line with Yakupov and Hemsky....he's the Oilers leading scorer and you want to bounce him down with Smyth and Petrell on the 3/4th line.....lol

I know right?

Old
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM
nexttothemoon
...better... or not

moved.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:

I guess I'm supposed to see Horc busting his ass out there. except that I remember when he used to do that he was a very useful player. I haven't seen that Horcoff in years. I don't know anybody has.

You buying Oilerbears koolaid?

Everyone and his dog knows Horcoff is overpaid, and has been since the minute the contract was given out. Get over it, because it's still there. He is what he is. From what I've seen with my own eyes, and heard and read from people following the game, both of them have played their roles perfectly this year, and been good role models for the kids and worked their ***** off. Of course, we'd like to see them score, just like we'd like to see Nuge score, and Smyth score more, etc. But their primary role is to check, win faceoffs and kill penalties, and they've done a great job at that. What inside info do you have that you know they are not committed to the team this year? I haven't heard a thing. Obviously you know something the rest of us don't know.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
FOr Arcobello he's not going to get a better opportunity to prove he's an NHL player. Now I fully expect him to only see about 12-15 mins of ice-time, but if shows he can play, it's going to do wonders for his career.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:

Belanger has worked his ass off this year and been a very good addition to the team. If you made this comment last year I may not have taken offense to it. But this year? I call BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
FOr Arcobello he's not going to get a better opportunity to prove he's an NHL player. Now I fully expect him to only see about 12-15 mins of ice-time, but if shows he can play, it's going to do wonders for his career.
I like that he gets put into a top 6 role, I like to see players that are used to playing top 6 roles getting the same opportunity at the next level. Saddling him with Smyth and Petrell or Hordichuk does not constitute a fair shot IMO. I made a post earlier in the year wondering if he could possibly be a short term replacement for Gagner. Now naturally this was before Gagner's hot start, but I'm looking forward to seeing how inferior or close to par with Gagner he'll look tonight just for curiosities sake.

02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
oilexport

real ****ing disapointed in our organizational depth at center. This has gone on for many years at this position. I'm real tired of our developmental system, it was suppose to be a lot better and improving.

Where the hell is a 6'+ center over 200 lbs that can skate ??? I think I can go to the local beer league and find one if the Oilers need help.

oilexport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:26 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

I wish the kid good luck. Anyone read that arcticle by Lowetide? It was a nice piece on the adversity the kid had to get his shot. I hope he makes the most of it.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Kepler 186f
Red Shifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilexport View Post
real ****ing disapointed in our organizational depth at center. This has gone on for many years at this position. I'm real tired of our developmental system, it was suppose to be a lot better and improving.

Where the hell is a 6'+ center over 200 lbs that can skate ??? I think I can go to the local beer league and find one if the Oilers need help.
They drafted him but they let him go.

Which upset HF Oil to no end.

Kepler 186f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilexport View Post

I know eh? They should have predicted we'd lose 3 of our 4 centres in the space of a week. Fools.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:37 PM
belair

vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
They drafted him but they let him go.

Which upset HF Oil to no end.
And damn that current NHL team reaping the rewards of taking him on...

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:47 PM
nexttothemoon
...better... or not

I'm pretty sure the High Level bridge will be cordoned off tomorrow if another player like Gagner gets injured tonight.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
oilexport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I know eh? They should have predicted we'd lose 3 of our 4 centres in the space of a week. Fools.
ya, and only have a 2 way ceter (lander)...thats only one center.... ready for depth. considering our past injuries ???

oilexport is offline   Reply With Quote