HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton/Colorado

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 05:19 PM
  #51
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
The only problem I have with this proposal is what is Ryan O'Reilly asking for a contract, if it's in the 3.5-4M range I'd be all for it.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  #52
t0nedeff
Registered User
 
t0nedeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 940
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
And you're claiming that HE lost credibility?

Clearly you're delusional, no real reason to talk with you about this, ALL because someone had said that anyone in the Top 5 of this years draft MAY be better than Yakupov. I guess I missed where that guy said that Yak was a piece of trash player...oh wait, he didn't say that, he just repeated what nearly EVERYONE on HF seems to be saying, that this year's draft is very deep, that the Top 5 is among the best in the recent years (so far).

Oh brother....
I question if you can even read properly as the guy clearly said every player in the top 5 IS better than Yakupov. Stop posting like he was saying in the future they may be better cause that clearly wasn't what he said.

t0nedeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
  #53
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Not sure WHERE he said anything about "draft status"...he said that almost everyone in the Top 5 may be better than Yakupov, which very well may be true.


Yea that might be true. Same can be said for Yakupov can't it?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
  #54
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
The only problem I have with this proposal is what is Ryan O'Reilly asking for a contract, if it's in the 3.5-4M range I'd be all for it.
If that was what he wanted for a contract, the Avs probably would have signed him already, and this proposal would never have seen the light of day.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
  #55
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
If that was what he wanted for a contract, the Avs probably would have signed him already, and this proposal would never have seen the light of day.
What's he asking, or has it been a lot of hear say. Is it term or salary.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:30 PM
  #56
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
No they would not.
ROR is worth more than the 10-15th pick in this draft.

Make it a 1-10 pick and the Avs might gamble on it.

(I think ROR has easily the value of the 5-7th pick in this draft assuming it goes McKinnon, Jones, Drouin , Barkov)
I agree but the Avs won't have a choice if O'Reilly signs an offer sheet which is more and more of a reality the longer this process goes. If Jordan Staal got the 8th overall, a bottom six center and a decent prospect I'm thinking that O'Reilly with no contract might not get you a top ten pick.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
  #57
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
What's he asking, or has it been a lot of hear say. Is it term or salary.
Not a lot of press regarding the proceedings, as is standard for the Avs, so it's all hearsay. It's really an issue of both, from the rumors. He either wants a lot of money for a short contract, or slightly less on a longer contract that expires when his RFA years are up. Probably around the $5m per year mark, which is crazy when Duchene is signed for $3.5m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
I agree but the Avs won't have a choice if O'Reilly signs an offer sheet which is more and more of a reality the longer this process goes. If Jordan Staal got the 8th overall, a bottom six center and a decent prospect I'm thinking that O'Reilly with no contract might not get you a top ten pick.
If he signs for something reasonable, the Avs match it. If it gets crazy in terms of length or salary, the Avs take the picks. Someone in another thread was suggesting someone offer him 7 years, $42 million in an offersheet. In that case, the Avs take the two first, a second and a third.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
  #58
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
I agree but the Avs won't have a choice if O'Reilly signs an offer sheet which is more and more of a reality the longer this process goes. If Jordan Staal got the 8th overall, a bottom six center and a decent prospect I'm thinking that O'Reilly with no contract might not get you a top ten pick.
I think the way you should've worded it was Staal had one year left before being a UFA and didn't want to resign with the Pens, yet he still got the 8th overall, 3rd line center and decent prospect.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
  #59
I see only darkness
Registered User
 
I see only darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post

If he signs for something reasonable, the Avs match it. If it gets crazy in terms of length or salary, the Avs take the picks. Someone in another thread was suggesting someone offer him 7 years, $42 million in an offersheet. In that case, the Avs take the two first, a second and a third.
Here is the updated compensation for this year. Not that I think anyone will OS him but....
To start, here are the compensation ranges:

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

if someone was to OS him. Would Colorado Match 7 years at 5Mill?

Just a question

I see only darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
  #60
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILERS91 View Post
Here is the updated compensation for this year. Not that I think anyone will OS him but....
To start, here are the compensation ranges:

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

if someone was to OS him. Would Colorado Match 7 years at 5Mill?

Just a question
It is close. OS are cut off after year 5.

So we get 2 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd.
That is more than Kessel got.

It heavily depends on which team OS him.
If it is a mediocre-bad team with the potential for failure, I take the picks.
If it is a powerhouse like the Rangers, I match and trade him a year later...

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:20 PM
  #61
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
No they would not.
ROR is worth more than the 10-15th pick in this draft.

Make it a 1-10 pick and the Avs might gamble on it.

(I think ROR has easily the value of the 5-7th pick in this draft assuming it goes McKinnon, Jones, Drouin , Barkov)
Based on what ?? being a good third line two way center with one 50 point season under his belt.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:20 PM
  #62
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,553
vCash: 500
We can't give up our first and Radar. Our second maybe, but even then I think finding a way to keep our centers and fix our d takes us a lot further than Yak would.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:22 PM
  #63
I see only darkness
Registered User
 
I see only darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
It is close. OS are cut off after year 5.

So we get 2 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd.
That is more than Kessel got.

It heavily depends on which team OS him.
If it is a mediocre-bad team with the potential for failure, I take the picks.
If it is a powerhouse like the Rangers, I match and trade him a year later...
Ok did not know that about 5 year max. So then the smart offer would be 5 years at 5 million. Say Oilers because they are my team. I don't think the oilers should because missing the playoffs by 8 points could get you a top 10 pick. But for discussion sake do you match?

I see only darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM
  #64
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Based on what ?? being a good third line two way center with one 50 point season under his belt.
If you believe ROR is a 3rd line center you should probably stay out of this thread. Because you clearly have not watched him enough.

He is a 3rd line center the same way as Jordan Staal was a 3rd line center the last few years.

ROR is 21 yrs old an has a Selke or three in his future and has shown that he can contribute offensively.

That is worth a guy like Monahan or Lindholm who might turn out to be way better offensively. Don't think that they will be as good defensively as ROR is. And they might bust as well. So I don't think the value is off.
Look what Staal fetched last year. ( I love Sutter and they got the 8th and a top prospect as well...)

@ Oilers91:

I would match but I could see the Avs management walking away...
Heavily depends in what spot you think the picks will end up


Last edited by JoemAvs: 02-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
  #65
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Can't trade that 1st with how many injuries our team has this year.

Trading of ROR to a divional opponent would also hurt.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
  #66
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,099
vCash: 50
How about we just arrange a deal around Lander?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
  #67
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Gotta love people pointing at the single game outburst last year and ignoring the fact that he has a point in every single game so far this season. Gagner got lucky in a game last year but he also got unlucky on many occasions as well. This year he's been as consistent a producer as you'll find. Not saying he's got trade value in O'Reilly's neighbourhood mind you, just that he's not the garbage everyone suggests.

As for the initial proposal I'd think about it if I were Edmonton. Yakupov is clearly the best piece in the deal but O'Reilly is a good 2C, albeit with a big contract I'd imagine, and the first rounder could end up top 5 if not better.
I'm not sure what post you read because I clearly didn't mention anything about him this season, I realize he is having a great start, 9 game point streak that's clear to see, I was pointing out the fact that he was playing very bad last year, which was not a good sign to be seen regressing like that until the outburst changed his stat line to being a bit more respectable than it would have been. Those two games against Chicago and Detroit last season accumulated for 13 of his 47 points; case in point he wasn't having a good season.

I'm not disparging Gagner, I'm just not a believer in him as a 2nd line centre if it were my team he was playing for, thats my opinion though.

I'd think long and hard about the deal too, assuming one of Mitchell/Sgarbossa/Hishon can step in and play the role of 3C, having Yakupov in the top 6 is lethal with Duchene, Landeskog etc

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:38 PM
  #68
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,165
vCash: 500
mmh nice proposition, cuz it is impossible to tell who will win this. ROR could be the second center that the oilers r looking for, and that 1st could be in the top 10.

the oilers are one of my favorite team, well I'm not sure but I think they should stay with Yakupov.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:41 PM
  #69
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILERS91 View Post
Ok did not know that about 5 year max. So then the smart offer would be 5 years at 5 million. Say Oilers because they are my team. I don't think the oilers should because missing the playoffs by 8 points could get you a top 10 pick. But for discussion sake do you match?
5 years, 5 million per... I match without any second thought. RoR is worth more than a 1st and a 3rd, and the Avs have more than enough cap space to afford the salary.

Then, in the 2nd year of the contract, we can trade him to a contender in the East at the deadline for an overpayment that gets us the top pairing LHD we need.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
  #70
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 13,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
I question if you can even read properly as the guy clearly said every player in the top 5 IS better than Yakupov. Stop posting like he was saying in the future they may be better cause that clearly wasn't what he said.
YAY, you can argue semantics...good for you!

Let's forget that most respected analysts have said in the past, that Nail Yakupov, while he is very talented, would not go 1st Overall in THIS year's draft and may not have made the Top 5 in this upcoming draft. Supposedly the draft is that deep. Now I'm not one to "Scout" prospects or anything like that, I just don't have that ability. I will read reports and the like.

But yeah, let's ignore the fact that people were acting like Gigantor had seemingly implied or said that Yakupov was a garbage player or something (which he DIDN'T). Maybe you should go back and read his statement?

***EDIT***

I'm going to go ahead and remove myself from the thread, don't want to say anything that will cause an infraction or anything


Last edited by RockLobster: 02-05-2013 at 07:21 PM.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
  #71
Avs71
22
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
I could see it now:

"Avs basically traded Seth Jones+Ryan O'Reilly for Nail Yakupov, this is up there with the Kessel deal."

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
  #72
nzoilerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
I like O'reilly, But I wouldn't give up Yakupov for him unless there was extra like the first rounder coming along with him. Also, O'reilly is rumoured to be after Taylor Hall/Jordan Eberle money at least and I'm not sure I like that. He is a great young player, but not elite offensively IMO, he is more suited to a tough minutes role. In saying that, EDM needs a centre basically exactly like him.

Hemsky+Gagner for O'reilly(signed) ???

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:33 PM
  #73
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,511
vCash: 50
Easy no. Yakupov is worth a lot more than O'Reilly.

It's not close.

at anyone saying that the top5 this year is better than Yakupov. People say that every year and they're wrong every year. Yakupov was the most obvious 1st overall since Crosby. The only time it became questionable was on HF boards after the Oilers won the lottery.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:35 PM
  #74
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Easy no. Yakupov is worth a lot more than O'Reilly.

It's not close.
no he isn't.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:47 PM
  #75
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
If you believe ROR is a 3rd line center you should probably stay out of this thread. Because you clearly have not watched him enough.

He is a 3rd line center the same way as Jordan Staal was a 3rd line center the last few years.

ROR is 21 yrs old an has a Selke or three in his future and has shown that he can contribute offensively.

That is worth a guy like Monahan or Lindholm who might turn out to be way better offensively. Don't think that they will be as good defensively as ROR is. And they might bust as well. So I don't think the value is off.
Look what Staal fetched last year. ( I love Sutter and they got the 8th and a top prospect as well...)

@ Oilers91:

I would match but I could see the Avs management walking away...
Heavily depends in what spot you think the picks will end up
Know what the diffrence between Stall and ROR is ?? Stall showed he can put up those numbers on a regular basis and Stall has been a finalest for the Selke, I have watched ROR and yes he looked good but the amount of hype he gets on HF from AVS fans you would think he is the second coming of Crosby. Let ROR get signed and put up another good season before you put him and Stall in the same class or start asking for 1st overall picks for him.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.