HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton/Colorado

Old
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
outoftune

vCash: 500
2014 first would get it done for me (not 2013)

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:26 AM
cgf
Fire [new coach]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
What does this have to do with injuries? If anything, it would help your current situation, because if you havent noticed.... O'Reilly isnt playing for you.
Giving up your first round pick when your team could easily end up picking in the top 5 is ********. That's why injuries matter. If it were just ROR for Yak, that's a trade the Avs think about. Adding our first round pick makes Sherm the Werm laugh for a couple minutes before hanging up.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:41 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Not sure WHERE he said anything about "draft status"...he said that almost everyone in the Top 5 may be better than Yakupov, which very well may be true.
Only there was no may in there .He said almost everyone in the top is better then Yakupov . Being better always does not mean worth more . As an Oiler fan I would trade Yakupov for a big 2 way physical center . He may not be better then Yak ,but he would make us harder to play against so he would have more value then a small skilled winger .

McSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:30 PM
jake07

i prefer Seth Jones than Yakupov

jake07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:32 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Only there was no may in there .He said almost everyone in the top is better then Yakupov . Being better always does not mean worth more . As an Oiler fan I would trade Yakupov for a big 2 way physical center . He may not be better then Yak ,but he would make us harder to play against so he would have more value then a small skilled winger .
Yak for John Mitchell then?

Actually like Yak a lot, and if the Avs did not have so many holes, I'd love to try and make a package with RoR for him.

Last edited by AslanRH: 02-14-2013 at 08:48 PM.
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:02 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
To Edmonton:

Ryan O'Reilly
1st Round Pick

To Colorado:

Nail Yakupov

Now before anyone rips me, this is just a proposal I sent in to Team1260 radio, I can't remember who's show it was either Stauffer, Gregor, or Spector but it just a hypothetical proposal, and whoever was doing the show said that he would be surprised if Colorado added a 1st round pick, stating that for as good as Yakupov may be, O'Reilly is "one hell of a young player and I would be shocked to see the Avs move him".

What are Oilers/Avs fans' opinions on this deal hypothetically? Does it solve a need for both teams? I know for us we need a left handed d-man to play with Erik Johnson but Yakupov could potentially make our top 6

McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-Yakupov

Also, this trade could allow the Oilers to trade Sam Gagner for a defenseman potentially? Not sure, thoughts?
I would have to know what the first is . I just did some reading on ROR and not really impressed with anything about him other then blocking shots . Plus he wants like 5 million a season based on one good year . Did we just not have a lock out because salaries out of control ? Now fans of other teams are offering up a lot and having to pay this guy 5 million , I am hoping GM,S will be smarter . If not we can expect another lock out in 8 years . Sam Gagner has better numbers and to everyone on HF he worthless . Yet he puts his team first always works hard and improves every year , I know he not as good in some areas ,but he also does not have a sense of entitlement . I past as an Oiler fan . I can see a team trading for him and him points total dropping way down

Old
02-14-2013, 11:05 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake07 View Post
i prefer Seth Jones than Yakupov
So do i . I also prefer Mackinnon ,but that is it . That is 2 out of the top 5

Old
02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Yak for John Mitchell then?

Actually like Yak a lot, and if the Avs did not have so many holes, I'd love to try and make a package with RoR for him.
As an Oiler fan i know what that is like . We have some nice young players right now ,but the rest are crap