HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Best Away Crowd

Old
02-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Terrible Hockey Fan

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
A lot of teams in Phoenix.

A large number of away fans is just part of Phoenix sports culture, it's not exclusive to the Coyotes at all.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
I'm restraining myself from saying too much truth here, but maybe a little.... let's just say, dam it feels good to be a Canucks fan... especially with the 1000s of other Canuck fans in any of the following cities' arenas: San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Calgary, Edmonton (anyone see that last night wow it was like the home team won!), Phoenix, Buffalo, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, am I forgetting any??

Man I love this team!
I love you guys!!!

Folks like you funded my SCF Game 4 and 6 tickets by paying excorbitant prices for regular season games.

My favorite quip from a Canuck fan after Game 3 in the first round, "It takes 4 guys!". Well uh, what's 4 minus 3?

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Xodius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
MTL/TOR in any of the following:

Ottawa
Florida
Buffalo
Habs fans ole'ing in your building is one of the most infuriating thing ever.

Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:24 AM
tsnTpoint

Tor in Edm

Notice 00:25 mark and 04:45 mark.

P.S. I honestly thought this was the most entertaining game last season. Edge of your seat stuff from start to finish.

tsnTpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:29 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Went to a Habs game in Edmonton a while back. Rexall was mostly bleu, blanc et rouge that night. Didn't take away from the embarrassment of losing 7-2 though.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:08 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I love you guys!!!
Thank you, not only do we embrace the hate, we also embrace the love...

And trust me, you are NOT THE ONLY ONE in Los Angeles, as I'm sure you are aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Folks like you funded my SCF Game 4 and 6 tickets by paying excorbitant prices for regular season games.
Interesting, did the other 5 Kings fans share your point of view?

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Lawzy

Canucks have a louder away crowd than home crowd.

I'm not even joking. I'm not sure if that speaks levels to our fans commitment to travel out of town or how much of a joke Rogers Arena is.

Lawzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
I think there is one other.
You say that, but I've never seen it to the extent that Habs fans do it. And that's a fact....

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:45 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Detroit fans occupy a 1/4 of nationwide Every time play those ********
amateurs

Penguins fans took over more than half of Nationwide in 2010, with "more than half" being a conservative estimate. Even listening to it on TV, it sounded louder than most games at Consol.

Somebody in a Pens jersey even got onto the zamboni during the intermission, which understandably set off quite a few Jackets fans.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Pens in Washington, still remember all those Pens fans in that Nedved OT game years ago

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:16 AM
gdsmack267

Pittsburgh in Columbus is practically a pens home game

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
DogFood

Leafs in Vancouver last year was probably close to 50/50 fan split. Saw lots of bf/gf and father/son etc. with one wearing a leaf jersey and one in a nucks tarp lol

DogFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
smithy

There are always impressive Leafs/Habs crowds in Ottawa, as has been pointed out, but one thing I've noticed is how many Senators fans there are at Ottawa-Montreal games in Montreal. Probably between 10-15 percent.

smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Thank you, not only do we embrace the hate, we also embrace the love...

And trust me, you are NOT THE ONLY ONE in Los Angeles, as I'm sure you are aware.

Interesting, did the other 5 Kings fans share your point of view?
Like some from certain areas that claim to be "hockey fans", you must have missed all the games after your team was eliminated.

I can tell you that most of the roughly 500,000 Kings' fans in So Cal have the same opinion of the Canuck fans. For their team never having won a damn thing, they sure are arrogant regarding the success of their team when they show up in another team's building.

Southern California is a nice place to visit, so we get fans from all over the league attending our home games. Some of the nicest folks from the midwest -- places like Chicago, Minnesota, etc. You know the people that don't think enjoying hockey is their birthright and anyone that isn't in their "click" doesn't know anything about the game.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
FlyersMania2

I guess the reputation of Flyers fans to be tough on opposing fans + the fact that so many fans are die hard has made it so there has never really been a noticeably larger away crowd at any Flyers home game I have been to. I think one game there was a bus full of Habs fans that came but they had a small nose bleed section...still I think thats the closest thing I can think of

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Islanderfan17

If by best you mean most annoying?

Habs and Ranger fans at the Coliseum AINEC

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:50 AM
MartysBetterThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Rangers fans at the Coliseum and the Rock. I remember hearing a "Maaaarrrtyy" chant in one of the Rangers/Devils games last year and the Devils were at home. As for the Coliseum, there's always both Let's Go Islanders and Let's Go Rangers chants going on.

And at the last game between the Rangers and Flyers last season, a group of Ranger fans in Philly started chanting the goal song after a goal
If this was five years ago I would agree with you 100%. Lately, though, the Devils have gotten better at keeping the Rangers out of their building, though a large Rangers contingent will still show up to the Rock, about 3000 or so. Rangers-Islanders games get almost to 50-50 levels. This might be a new trend, but so far this year Devils fans have made up a quarter of the crowd at the two Devils-Islanders games at the Coliseum. The Devils are organizing a bus trip for the third Coliseum game so I expect more of the same.

MartysBetterThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Tor in Ott.

More so before the leafs historic failing streak, but still it's pretty good.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
If this was five years ago I would agree with you 100%. Lately, though, the Devils have gotten better at keeping the Rangers out of their building, though a large Rangers contingent will still show up to the Rock, about 3000 or so. Rangers-Islanders games get almost to 50-50 levels. This might be a new trend, but so far this year Devils fans have made up a quarter of the crowd at the two Devils-Islanders games at the Coliseum. The Devils are organizing a bus trip for the third Coliseum game so I expect more of the same.
Oh do the Devs fans still do the Rangers suck whistle sequence? I remember watching a Flyers game in the old Devils stadium years ago and the fans did the Rangers suck whistle no matter who they played...something i, as a flyers fan, could get behind haha

Old
02-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnTpoint View Post
Tor in Edm

Notice 00:25 mark and 04:45 mark.

P.S. I honestly thought this was the most entertaining game last season. Edge of your seat stuff from start to finish.
Wow, :25 mark is crazy.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Ceremony
Woke up this morning

vCash: 39000
It's always nice when Detroit play in Denver, you get some atmosphere in the Can for a change.

02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
In Vancouver, it's Toronto. Moreso before the Leafs began to struggle year after year - at that time, it was at least 50/50, maybe even 60/40 in Toronto's favour. Made for a great night of the fans battling back and forth with chants.

Montreal is a close second; loads of Habs fans appear when they are in town.

Bit of a dark horse in Vancouver is Philly. Surprisingly large contingent of Flyers fans in the Lower Mainland.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
severian

In Jersey its a given that large numbers of Atlantic division fans make it to those games since all the teams are on top of each other. The Flyer 'invasion' is actually pretty weak since half their fanbase lives in Jersey.

Montreal invaded Prudential Center in 10-11 and probably had 30-40% of the crowd. That was impressive and annoying.

severian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Victory5

Flyers fans pretty much everywhere.

Philly fans are like Steelers fans in the NFL. Every away game they play, you can bet there will be a significant number of away fans in the house....and they will be loud.

I cant really remember the last flyer away game (outside of playoffs) where there havent been a significant number of flyer fans in the stands. This is obviously more noticeable in the sunbelt, but still...

Victory5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian View Post
In Jersey its a given that large numbers of Atlantic division fans make it to those games since all the teams are on top of each other. The Flyer 'invasion' is actually pretty weak since half their fanbase lives in Jersey.

Montreal invaded Prudential Center in 10-11 and probably had 30-40% of the crowd. That was impressive and annoying.
I think you misunderstand, Flyers fans live in South Jersey for the most part and some of Central Jersey...above Central Jersey you have pre-Devils Rangers fans and Rangers fans.

Most of our fanbase lives more than an hour from Newark (where the Devils play) - so weekend games I assume we invade more than weekday games not to mention their old arena was less annoying to get to and the surrounding area was much safer lol