HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Millen is so brutal

Old
02-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Calacatz
Jacked!

vCash: 500
Millen is a joke!!! Bowen seems like he wants to deck him at times... His reaction to the bozak kick in goal made me sick as a Leafs broadcaster and he interrupts with redundant crap all the time..

Calacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

I actually don't mind Millsy...not sure why everybody is crappin on the guy? Maybe a little too dorky for some? I don't find him annoying really, maybe not super sharp or witty, but not a bad dude in my books.

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Fear The Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I actually don't mind Millsy...not sure why everybody is crappin on the guy? Maybe a little too dorky for some? I don't find him annoying really, maybe not super sharp or witty, but not a bad dude in my books.
+1 I dont mind him at all. He's 1000 times better than the fools at CBC.

Fear The Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
spor 13

I absolutely can't stand when Bowen and Millen start having a conversation on air about something totally unrelated to hockey like going to the cottage or something. Just call the f**king game!

spor 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
X66

Greg Millen is a tool, but he's our tool and he seems like a genuinely nice individual. Would love him as a neighbour(lol).

X66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Brymas McCaberle

Don't understand why Millen and Henny get so much hate.

If CBC somehow gets H-S-H off air or at least off Leafs games there'll be nothing to complain about...at least for me.

Brymas McCaberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Number13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spor 13 View Post
I absolutely can't stand when Bowen and Millen start having a conversation on air about something totally unrelated to hockey like going to the cottage or something. Just call the f**king game!
hahah made me laugh. I hate that so much.

Bowen: "And OHH BOY Millsy, did you ever get a huge splinter from that deck!"

Millen: "Yup Joe, went clean through my foot."

Number13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:22 PM
18leafsfan18

Bowen and Millen are so off topic all the time... Does anyone have any idea what they are talking about when they go off on something?

I just can't stand how they are always calling out the wrong players... the whole mcclaren fight in winnepeg Bowen was saying it was frasor...

I can understand calling the wrong guy sometimes but if you really listen he does it multiple times a game.

18leafsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Finnish your Czech
BestPosterAvailable

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18leafsfan18 View Post
Bowen and Millen are so off topic all the time... Does anyone have any idea what they are talking about when they go off on something?

I just can't stand how they are always calling out the wrong players... the whole mcclaren fight in winnepeg Bowen was saying it was frasor...

I can understand calling the wrong guy sometimes but if you really listen he does it multiple times a game.
To be fair his name is Frazer Mclaren.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Rinzler

I don't mind the off topic stuff. It adds a certain authenticity to the broadcasters. I like that our broadcasters have personality, gives a better overall feel. Watch some broadcasts from other teams and you'll see what I mean.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
kawi

Millen isn't so bad.

kawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:35 PM
ThirdRowGreens

What's wrong with Greg Millen? I think he does a good job. He and Bowen actually have a pretty good thing going - they seem to feed off each other and have a genuinely good time calling the game. They get off topic sometimes, but that's part of the fun.

Would you rather have Denis Potvin? Now that guy is nauseating.

ThirdRowGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brymas McCaberle View Post
Don't understand why Millen and Henny get so much hate.

If CBC somehow gets H-S-H off air or at least off Leafs games there'll be nothing to complain about...at least for me.
Henny is such a dork. When he tries to be funny he just fails miserably.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:52 PM
paulster2626

Bowen: "Well, looks like Reimer could use a little help with that glove hand, maybe you could give him a lesson there Millsy"
Millen: "HO HO, well Joe, you know I was never the greatest goalie. I think reimer could give ME the lesson!!"
Both: "HAHAHA HOOHOHOHOHO HAHAHAHA"
...meanwhile the puck has gone back and forth 5 times with hits, shots, and all kinds of stuff happening.

I join in on their conversations and make the wife laugh every single time.

Best broadcasters I've heard so far were the dudes on TSN Winnipeg last night. Neutral, knowledgeable, and on-point. They did a great job, Thrasher fans are lucky.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Henny is such a dork. When he tries to be funny he just fails miserably.

I dunno, he comes across as the nicest guy in the world imho...a real life version of Ned Flanders. My friend's theory is that in real life he's is a serial killer like Dexter, and the whole super duper nice guy routine is a brilliant cover

Come to think of it, that's about the only way to explain the over the top Mr Nice guy act...

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:58 PM
X66

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
Bowen: "Well, looks like Reimer could use a little help with that glove hand, maybe you could give him a lesson there Millsy"
Millen: "HO HO, well Joe, you know I was never the greatest goalie. I think reimer could give ME the lesson!!"
Both: "HAHAHA HOOHOHOHOHO HAHAHAHA"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
...meanwhile the puck has gone back and forth 5 times with hits, shots, and all kinds of stuff happening.

I join in on their conversations and make the wife laugh every single time.

Best broadcasters I've heard so far were the dudes on TSN Winnipeg last night. Neutral, knowledgeable, and on-point. They did a great job, Thrasher fans are lucky.
LOL.

Clutch

X66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOONFACE2K9 View Post
I've been watching the Leafs (and hockey in general) since the mid eighties, and I've never heard a more incompetent colour commentator than Greg Millen. I'm sure this has been posted before. His "analysis" on last nights disallowed goal on Bozak was nauseating. Anyone else notice that? First, in his tough guy no-nonsense tone of voice he say "oh yeah, that's a good goal, no doubt about it". Then he says, "no kicking motion" (when, in my opinion, clearly Bozak moved his back skate towards the net and that caused the puck to go into the net). Then he says it hit Staal's skate, when clearly Staal's skate was nowhere near the puck. Still, replay after replay, he keeps saying "good goal". He even decided to change the subject and started talking about Bozaks faceoff abilities being so great because his dad told him to work on his faceoffs. so not only does he randomly change the subject, he has the most useless insight into it. Then the video review is taking longer than expected, so he starts to backtrack and then acknowledges that it could be a kicking motion. Not once does he admit his mistake about the puck hitting Staal's skate or not being kicked.

How do guys like this get colour jobs? I mean, the basic requirement of the job is to watch the play. He seems clueless every single replay. It's disgusting. Thank god for mute buttons.
Gotta agree with this. I remember when he used to do the Sens colour commentary with Dean Brown here in Ottawa. He was the definition of the word "biased". I remember some games where the Sens were losing badly, and they were still the best team on the ice according to Greg. I was glad when he left.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Vintage Leaf Memories

Who we "like" (or think do a good job) is so personal, eh? Best all-time on TV for me was Gallivan. Dick Irvin a fine colour man. In Toronto, loved Bob Goldham doing colour. Appreciated Foster on the radio.

Millen seems like the nice guy next door. Paid by the Leafs, so that explains some things. A homer?

My Dad used to think the refs were always calling things against Montreal. He was a devoted Hab fans. All I can remember as a kid was them winning championships seemingly every year in the '50s and '60s. Couldn't have been a problem with the refs.

It's all in what we choose to see and hear....

Vintage Leaf Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
Bowen: Save scrivens!
Millen: Yup, scrivens is in the zone, his dad used to teach orphans how to play piano.
Bowen: Holy mackinaw millsy you're dumb and were a terrible goalie!
Millen: Yeah, I wasn't a very good goalie either!
Bowen and Millen: hahahah
Henny: Hey guys Reimer just farted on the bench, stay tuned for details.
haha this is pretty much every leafs tv game ever

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote